Did Roberts Change His Mind ?

Who do you think you are ?

If you want to play opinion nazi find somebody who cares what you have to say.

His opinion is as welcomed as anyones....

And justices do answer to us in a very roundabout way......through the senate.

They are there to protect us from the overreach of government
....so yes they are our tools (if toos means an implement and not some stupid insult).

And Roberts has seemingly failed.

No, no they're not. They're there to determine the constitutionality of laws. You have failed at understanding the purpose of the Court.

And why would we put them there.....to determine the constitutionality of laws....which protects us from the overreach of government.

And you obviously failed the third grade.

Go read your federalist papers and get back to me.

Wow, you are really dense. Get a grip.

No, no they're not. They're there to determine the constitutionality of laws. You have failed at understanding the purpose of the Court.

And why would we put them there.....to determine the constitutionality of laws....which protects us from the overreach of government.

And you obviously failed the third grade.

Go read your federalist papers and get back to me.

Wow, you are really dense. Get a grip.

Translation....I can't not get the last word in even if I have no argument left.

It is all to clear.

Enjoy your goodies while you can.

If the GOP does not repeal them... the laws of finance will kill them.

This was in an e-mail chain sent to me.

I am not buying it.

Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them.

It will be a short-lived celebration.

Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.

Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.

Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?

Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.

Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.

And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown threw his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.

Brilliant.

Maybe he should quit, maybe he no longer has the stomach to be a right wing jerk.

Maybe Dick Cheney could take him and Ginsburg duck hunting !

What is THAT supposed to mean? How could any reasonable person see that as nothing less than a threat on the life of a Supreme court justice?

Please report me.....

How about if I said....Maybe Ted Kennedy could drive them around Martha's Vineyard or they could go for a hike with Vince Foster, or they could go flying with Kennedy Jr. ?

How did I threaten them asshole ?

I see where HUGGY comes from...your underwear is always in a bunch.

Maybe Dick Cheney could take him and Ginsburg duck hunting !

What is THAT supposed to mean? How could any reasonable person see that as nothing less than a threat on the life of a Supreme court justice?

Please report me.....

How about if I said....Maybe Ted Kennedy could drive them around Martha's Vineyard or they could go for a hike with Vince Foster, or they could go flying with Kennedy Jr. ?

I REALLY don't care.. It's just a hoot to see ya get all worked up to the point your mouth is trying to cash checks that your bankrupt body can't and never would.

I think it runs deeper than an Obama thing... I personally believe that this ruling spells the end to any legitimate chance Willard has at the White House...and I believe you fear that I am right about it.

This is definitely a no win for Mittens and if the wackadoodle right plays the over turn card for the next couple of months Mittens has to sign on and the public has already shown that they are not in your over turn the bill camp. Americans like a good fight but this one is over. There is a reason why people go home after every sporting event. Once the fight has been decided NOBODY but a handfull of idiots cares about it anymore.

Please report me.....

I REALLY don't care.. It's just a hoot to see ya get all worked up to the point your mouth is trying to cash checks that your bankrupt body can't and never would.

I think it runs deeper than an Obama thing... I personally believe that this ruling spells the end to any legitimate chance Willard has at the White House...and I believe you fear that I am right about it.

This is definitely a no win for Mittens and if the wackadoodle right plays the over turn card for the next couple of months Mittens has to sign on and the public has already shown that they are not in your over turn the bill camp. Americans like a good fight but this one is over. There is a reason why people go home after every sporting event. Once the fight has been decided NOBODY but a handfull of idiots cares about it anymore.

So go home.

And pull your underwear out of your buttcrack.

Please report me.....

So go home.

Can't help ya there Sport. Already home..sort of..if anyone could call a motel home.. AND don't wear underwear... magic or otherwise. Underwear is for dweebs.

So go home.

Can't help ya there Sport. Already home..sort of..if anyone could call a motel home.. AND don't wear underwear... magic or otherwise. Underwear is for dweebs.

Thanks for sharing. :puke3:

I know this might not have crossed the tiny little republican minds, but what if they guy actually believed it was a tax and the government could do it? Oh yeah, I know why you guys don't think that, because then you would be WRONG!. Yeah, it is far more likely a judge on the supreme court was wrong rather than some right wing nutbar on the internet.

I know this might not have crossed the tiny little republican minds, but what if they guy actually believed it was a tax and the government could do it? Oh yeah, I know why you guys don't think that, because then you would be WRONG!. Yeah, it is far more likely a judge on the supreme court was wrong rather than some right wing nutbar on the internet.

Speaking of tiny minds.....did you read the discussion regarding his late arrival at his conclusion and the fact that the minority dissent was written like it expected to be the majority opinion ?

Now what would cause that to happen ?

If Roberts felt that way from the start, according to the liberal rag, Salon, it would have come off differently.

This isn't about him being WRONG. This is asking if he changed his mind at the 11th hour as the article suggests.

Have a good day....Tiny.

Speaking of tiny minds.....did you read the discussion regarding his late arrival at his conclusion and the fact that the minority dissent was written like it expected to be the majority opinion ?

Now what would cause that to happen ?

If Roberts felt that way from the start, according to the liberal rag, Salon, it would have come off differently.

This isn't about him being WRONG. This is asking if he changed his mind at the 11th hour as the article suggests.

Have a good day....Tiny.

There's plenty of articles suggesting the same thing.

Pressure??? Justices are appointed for life for the reason that there can be no valid political pressure on their decisions. But Justices are human.

And if a law is distasteful to a Justice but it is valid under the USC then the Justice has to uphold the law. It is up to congress and the president to determine the laws and the USSC to determine if they are constitutional, not whether they re good or not.

So some are now saying that Roberts ended up placing a higher priority on the image of the Supreme Court than on his interpretation of the Constitutionality of the ACA.

Hmm. That would open a BIG ol' can o' worms.

Agreed, it would.

But not the can of worms that will spill out if it is found dems or repubs attempted to pressure him or sway him in any way.

That would be grounds for jailtime.

Forum List

Back