Did Rick Santorum drop the N word on Obama?

You are not so impressive as you think.

You've never served your country.
Those who have enable pricks like you to enjoy the little things in life, like Freedom, Food Stamps, and access to the Internet.
Just sit there in your Mommy's trailer.
Brave men and women are looking out for you.
They don't need your assistance.
Thanks, and get fucked.
I'm not impressed with little minds encased in muscle-bound bodies constantly insisting that they and they alone are the purveyors of freedom. That those of us who did not serve are subservient to them and that we must constantly and consistently kiss their asses for their service.

When has America failed to thank you? You do not have license to belittle those who did not serve. Pack away your discharge papers and get the fuck off your high horse. Enlistment does not result in enlightenment.

Wow, you really are an asswiping little bitch

Wonder what they scrawled in secret against Saddam? :eusa_whistle:

Nothing, 'cause if they did a neighbor would have turned them in and the family would soon be visited by men in the middle of the night.

As far as we know from stories?

As far as I know from several Iraqi people I have spoken with about life under that regime.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for anything from that Nosmo douche.

Last edited:
Whatever Santorum was going to say, it sounded (and looked) a lot more like he was catching himself than a stutter.

I can't imagine the uproar on this board if Obama got half way to calling one of the repub candidates a cracker before stumbling off on some tangent. :lol:

One theory is that slaver foremen in the antebellum South used bullwhips to discipline African slaves, with such use of the whip being described as 'cracking the whip'. The white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'. [2] [3] [4]

Another theory places the word origin in Scotland where a "craic" or "craicker" was a person who talked loudly or boasted. This term was later used to describe white Southerners, particularly those who were poorly educated and possessed little means.

Yet another theory suggests that the pejorative term came from the stereotype that poor white people often bought food stamps for cracked corn.

Historically the word suggested poor, white rural Americans with little formal education. Historians point out the term originally referred to the strong English and Scots-Irish farmers of the back country (as opposed to the wealthy planters of the seacoast). Thus a sociologist reported in 1913: "As the plantations expanded these freed men (formerly bond servants) were pushed further and further back upon the more and more sterile soil. They became 'pinelanders', 'corn-crackers', or 'crackers'."[5]

As early as the 1760s, this term was in use by the upper class planters in the British North American colonies to refer to Scots-Irish and English settlers in the south, most of whom were descendants of English bond servants. A letter to the Earl of Dartmouth reads:

I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode.

A similar usage was that of Charles Darwin in his introduction to The Origin of Species, to refer to "Virginia squatters" (illegal settlers).[6]

Georgia Cracker label depicting a boy with peachesFrederick Law Olmsted, a prominent landscape architect from Connecticut, visited the South as a journalist in the 1850s and wrote that "some crackers owned a good many Negroes, and were by no means so poor as their appearance indicated."[7]

In 1947, the student body of Florida State University voted for the name of their current athletic symbol of "Seminoles," out of more than 100 choices. The other finalists, in order of finish, were Statesmen, Rebels, Tarpons, Fighting Warriors, and Crackers.[8][9]

Crackin' Good Snacks (a division of Winn-Dixie, a Southern grocery chain) has sold crackers similar to Ritz crackers under the name "Georgia Crackers". They sometimes were packaged in a red tin with a picture of The Crescent, an antebellum plantation house in Valdosta, Georgia.

"Cracker" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "cracker" is used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida cracker" or "Georgia cracker") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations. However, the term "white cracker" is not always used self-referentially and remains a slur to many in the region.[10]

Before the Milwaukee Braves baseball team moved to Atlanta, Georgia, the Atlanta minor league baseball team was known as the "Atlanta Crackers". The team existed under this name from 1901 until 1965. They were members of the Southern Association from their inception until 1961, and members of the International League from 1961 until they were moved to Richmond, Virginia in 1965. However, it is suggested the name was derived from players "cracking" the baseball bat and this origin makes sense when considering the Atlanta Negro League Baseball team was known as the "Atlanta Black Crackers".

The Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across southern Florida, following the historic trail of the old cattle drives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Did Rick Santorum just catch himself calling Barack Obama a Ni**er? - YouTube

images

The answer is no, Santorum did not stumble over the N word. He just stumbled over his words...as anyone can do.

And I cant stand Santorum.

That doesnt make much sense since giving them other people's money really doesnt make their lives better.

Regardless, it does show his scorn for black people taking government money.

I don't want black people (or anyone else) taking government money either, not out of scorn, but because I dont want them stuck in the endless cycle of poverty caused by government handouts. I don't see why not wanting people to be slaves to politicians is evidence of scorn towards them
Well, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion. Ricky singled out black people, though, so it really isn't a big stretch to think he choked back the word "******."

One theory is that slaver foremen in the antebellum South used bullwhips to discipline African slaves, with such use of the whip being described as 'cracking the whip'. The white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'. [2] [3] [4]

Another theory places the word origin in Scotland where a "craic" or "craicker" was a person who talked loudly or boasted. This term was later used to describe white Southerners, particularly those who were poorly educated and possessed little means.

Yet another theory suggests that the pejorative term came from the stereotype that poor white people often bought food stamps for cracked corn.

Historically the word suggested poor, white rural Americans with little formal education. Historians point out the term originally referred to the strong English and Scots-Irish farmers of the back country (as opposed to the wealthy planters of the seacoast). Thus a sociologist reported in 1913: "As the plantations expanded these freed men (formerly bond servants) were pushed further and further back upon the more and more sterile soil. They became 'pinelanders', 'corn-crackers', or 'crackers'."[5]

As early as the 1760s, this term was in use by the upper class planters in the British North American colonies to refer to Scots-Irish and English settlers in the south, most of whom were descendants of English bond servants. A letter to the Earl of Dartmouth reads:

I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode.

A similar usage was that of Charles Darwin in his introduction to The Origin of Species, to refer to "Virginia squatters" (illegal settlers).[6]

Georgia Cracker label depicting a boy with peachesFrederick Law Olmsted, a prominent landscape architect from Connecticut, visited the South as a journalist in the 1850s and wrote that "some crackers owned a good many Negroes, and were by no means so poor as their appearance indicated."[7]

In 1947, the student body of Florida State University voted for the name of their current athletic symbol of "Seminoles," out of more than 100 choices. The other finalists, in order of finish, were Statesmen, Rebels, Tarpons, Fighting Warriors, and Crackers.[8][9]

Crackin' Good Snacks (a division of Winn-Dixie, a Southern grocery chain) has sold crackers similar to Ritz crackers under the name "Georgia Crackers". They sometimes were packaged in a red tin with a picture of The Crescent, an antebellum plantation house in Valdosta, Georgia.

"Cracker" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "cracker" is used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida cracker" or "Georgia cracker") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations. However, the term "white cracker" is not always used self-referentially and remains a slur to many in the region.[10]

Before the Milwaukee Braves baseball team moved to Atlanta, Georgia, the Atlanta minor league baseball team was known as the "Atlanta Crackers". The team existed under this name from 1901 until 1965. They were members of the Southern Association from their inception until 1961, and members of the International League from 1961 until they were moved to Richmond, Virginia in 1965. However, it is suggested the name was derived from players "cracking" the baseball bat and this origin makes sense when considering the Atlanta Negro League Baseball team was known as the "Atlanta Black Crackers".

The Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across southern Florida, following the historic trail of the old cattle drives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

I've heard 'cracker' is also associated with the way Floridians crack open oranges.

wtf is a government nig? Did anyone ask Ricky what he meant to say?

maybe it was "government ne......eeds to take care of everything for you"

Why didn't he repeat it and clarify it? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but i do find it curious that he didn't stay on that track, maybe the video was edited to make it look like he said that?

I think he changed directions with his talking points and, since he wasn't trying to say the "N" word, he didn't feel the need to clarify at the time.

Forum List

Back