CDZ Did Rhett Butler sexually assault Scarlett?

Many of my female friends have Gone With The Wind as a favorite movie.

Is this scene romantic, or is it sexual assault? Do women really want the lines redrawn concerning how men approach women?

By today's standards it would certainly be considered that. Some of James Bond's scenes as well. Times have changed a lot.

But only if the woman find's the man hot!

Of course! Do you want someone who you find unappealing putting their hands on you?
But how is the man to know unless he tries......if the rules work as shown in the scene?

What rules? Apparently there are no "rules." Anyhow, that is why you should get to know someone a little bit before you go pawing on their body.
. How about the ones that expect one to paw on their body, and don't want no relationship ? Otherwise and then there's that.

I'm sure they would let you know if that is what they wanted!
The same way Scarlett let Rhett know? Maybe I'm making too much of a movie that women swoon over!

Of course! Do you want someone who you find unappealing putting their hands on you?
But how is the man to know unless he tries......if the rules work as shown in the scene?

What rules? Apparently there are no "rules." Anyhow, that is why you should get to know someone a little bit before you go pawing on their body.
. How about the ones that expect one to paw on their body, and don't want no relationship ? Otherwise and then there's that.

. Yep, they do.. It isn't quite like Hollywood, so don't try this at home as the shows will say in their disclaimers.

It's what women want.

I would never try the Rhett Buttler aproach myself. I would probably end up in jail or dead....I know I'm not hot enough to pull it off.
Probably the single hottest man I ever went out with was a very, very ugly priest. Our affair lasted six of the most glorious months of my life. And he came on extremely agressive.

Body language. Learn to read it.

Meanwhile....ohhhh Rhett, darling? My stance says no but my eyes say yes. C'mere.

The same way Scarlett let Rhett know? Maybe I'm making too much of a movie that women swoon over!

A movie or a book is just that. A movie or a book. Not real, just fantasy. In real life, a man who would rape you doesn't really respect you much as a person, as a human being. Rape is not usually a "pleasant" experience for the woman. A lot of times she is humiliated, called names, hit and hurt while being raped.

Is this scene romantic, or is it sexual assault? Do women really want the lines redrawn concerning how men approach women?

By today's standards it would certainly be considered that. Some of James Bond's scenes as well. Times have changed a lot.

But do women want the death of the alpha male?

Meanwhile....ohhhh Rhett, darling? My stance says no but my eyes say yes. C'mere.
Yeah....right! Like I said...I would be in jail or dead.

I don't consider a man who would rape a woman to be an alpha male. An alpha male wouldn't have to rape anyone or force himself on anyone. The women would come to him because he is appealing to them.

And like I said...learn body language.
I read body language just fine. With some things I would not risk having a misunderstanding. Many of these sexual assaults that are in the news probably started with men that thought the girls body language said come get me.

I don't consider a man who would rape a woman to be an alpha male. An alpha male wouldn't have to rape anyone or force himself on anyone. The women would come to him because he is appealing to them.

I've seen many attractive girls/women go for the bad boy that did take a Rhett Buttler approach.

You need to learn to read the cues. Touching, eye contact, not moving to get away when you come close, things like that. There is no need to rush into the bed anyways. Anticipation makes things much more exciting!

I've seen many attractive girls/women go for the bad boy that did take a Rhett Buttler approach.

Probably girls. Most adult women have outgrown such childish whims. :D

Forum List

Back