Did Perry's 53 second Brain-fart End His Run?

Palin is the winning candidate so far becuase she has not announced she is running. All except romney have pretty much fizzled out already.

Remember all the hoopla about Bachman?

Hahahahahaha!

Palin is the winning candidate so far becuase she has not announced she is running. All except romney have pretty much fizzled out already.

Remember all the hoopla about Bachman?

Hahahahahaha!

Yup. I can imagine what Democrats think about the Liar In Chief they elected.

Just shows how tough it is to earn the trust of Republican voters.

With Democrats all it takes is 3 things; Look good in a suit, sound like you know what you're doing....even though Obama obviously doesn't........and I forget the 3rd one.

Witness the result. He has to divide the nation to even have a chance.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for Bambi to name U.S. States Number 51 thru 57. Has Obama memorized them yet? I hope he gets asked that in the 2012 debates.

I just remembered the 3rd.....promise them stuff.

They fall for that every time.

Even when we're too broke to do it, promise them stuff.

It just becomes a good wedge-issue when the GOP tries to stop it.

Some guys can talk a bird out of a tree but can't govern worth a shit. That would be Obama.

Some guys can't talk worth a damn but are decent executives. That would be Perry.

Some guys can do both. That would be Reagan.

Some guys can't do either. That would be Biden.

PS: stick a fork in him, he's done. I can't see Perry getting very far after last night. Ditto Cain after the past couple of weeks.

Last edited:
There are three reasons why Perry can't win

1. He has lost the faith of his own party

2. He is perceived as stupid and lazy by the voters

And.....umm.......what was the third one?..........can somebody help me here?.......I think it starts with a C

There are three reasons why Perry can't win

1. He has lost the faith of his own party

2. He is perceived as stupid and lazy by the voters

And.....umm.......what was the third one?..........can somebody help me here?.......I think it starts with a C

Connecticut?

Some guys can talk a bird out of a tree but can't govern worth a shit. That would be Obama.

Some guys can't talk worth a damn but are decent executives. That would be Perry.

Some guys can do both. That would be Reagan.

Some guys can't do either. That would be Biden.

PS: stick a fork in him, he's done. I can't see Perry getting very far after last night. Ditto Cain after the past couple of weeks.

you know what, though. I doubt many people are even focusing at this point. I don't think most people are even going to start thinking about this stuff until after Christmas.

Some days you get the bear some days the bear gets you.

If Perry's overall proformance is good, one gaff won't sink him.

In the history books, I think this might be the moment that ends up defining him. Very much in the same way that Howard Dean is defined by his outburst after the Iowa caucus. In both cases, the candidate was in big trouble long before the moment, but the moment comes to define the downfall.
Actually, the moment may define us, the American people, more than Governor Perry. McDonald's was onto us when it figured a way to deliver food almost instantly when someone came in the door and ordered, without the food getting cold.

Now, we're demanding everybody do things instantly, even though their strengths may lie elsewhere.

We will lose the valuable addition of having the jobs problem vanishing with a guy like Perry (who works wonders in seeing to it, sometimes behind the scenes, convincing people to roll out the red carpet with jobs for everyday Americans in his state of Texas) if we throw him under the bus for touchy-feely reasons.

The initial moaning I heard from not just the left, but from others, was the dread of having "another Texan" in the White House. To make matters worse, Governor Perry couldn't put off his back surgery another day. I know there are some spinal pain blockers that can affect people for up to a year, and my theory is the usually glib Governor Perry may be experiencing some lingering but temporary disability from the aftermath of his surgery, even though he is not now taking anything for pain.

I know, because I have a condition called Fibromyalgia which gives sufferers screaming out loud pain 24/7, and even doctors treating the condition may not know how horrendous it is. Mine did, and he prescribed a prescription called Neurontin. It immediately demolished my pain and also my ability to do math for about a year after I quit taking the product.

I'm so sorry Governor Perry is facing this issue. Even though he may be the best qualified person who could put Americans right back to work, he may have to accept that expressing what he knows and can do may have some problems for a little while longer.

Damn old pain blockers. Some of them just don't go away overnight, and the American public wants their hot hamburger right now.

*sigh*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back