Did Perry's 53 second Brain-fart End His Run?

I wouldn't say it ended his chances, he stumbled he proved he was human. And with all humans they disappoint people. Maybe he will fix what he lacks before the election.

I wouldn't say it ended his chances, he stumbled he proved he was human. And with all humans they disappoint people. Maybe he will fix what he lacks before the election.

Similar comments to this have been said / posted after every debate he's participated in. We've been waiting for that 'break-out' moment when he moves back into the race as a front runner. It just hasn't happened and I don't think it's going to.

Similar comments to this have been said / posted after every debate he's participated in. We've been waiting for that 'break-out' moment when he moves back into the race as a front runner. It just hasn't happened and I don't think it's going to.

True,.... This was going to be my comment but before I posted I had to think is there anyone out there good enough to be a leader of America
but he with his weakness he is far better than what we have in the white house

I just don't know anymore.

Plenty of people have this happen. And I suspect people are sympathetic. In any case, people have a short memory and this will fade quickly.
Yeah, just like Rick Perry! The man had to ask other candidates which gov't agencies he'd eliminate!

Maybe he should go back to the Democrat Party?

Last edited:
Plenty of people have this happen. And I suspect people are sympathetic. In any case, people have a short memory and this will fade quickly.
Yeah, just like Rick Perry! The man had to ask other candidates which gov't agencies he'd eliminate!

Maybe he should go back to the Democrat Party?

What memorable did Ron Paul say? Did he mention the Nazis had a right to gas people and FDR overstepped his authority in Lend-Lease? Was he defending Saddam as misunderstood? Did he reiterate his support for Iran having nukes? We want to hear.

obama has completely gaffed up many speeches. It never hurt him, but he's not a republican. Months ago democrats knew that obama could not be reelected on his record. The only thing they could do is to make all the republican candidates appear to be unfit. They are doing an excellent job of that one.

Thought they've been doing quite well all by themselves. :cool:

I feel bad for Rick Perry. He's certainly not the man I want in the Oval Office who gets that 3am call ie, red button call.. I think this run may have harmed his entire political career. He seems like a genuinely very kind man and I wish he and his family the best.

Politics is not the place for nice people.

This illustrates what is wrong with politics.

It's not leadership, honesty, or even success that will win you an election. It's how bad you can make your opponent look even though your skills are simply to act electable.

In Perry's case nobody had to even do that.

It is on youtube.

I didn't pay as much attention the first time through...then when I watched it again...

While stumbling and reaching he actually turns to Paul as if looking to him for the answer, or a suggestion.

Who hasn't had a brain fart when it counted?

He wasn't competent for the job before this episode.

It is on youtube.

I didn't pay as much attention the first time through...then when I watched it again...

While stumbling and reaching he actually turns to Paul as if looking to him for the answer, or a suggestion.

He was like come on mister constitutionalist give a brother a helping hand :lol:

It is on youtube.

He was like come on mister constitutionalist give a brother a helping hand :lol:

Paul's look was priceless. "Up yours baby!"

It is on youtube.

Paul's look was priceless. "Up yours baby!"

It's happen to most people. But what get's me is that people tend to point fingers at the other guy when their guy does it too. It would be better for America if everybody would just say WTF is wrong with you idiot politicians get and education before you try to run for office.

For those of you who still think Perry will be the nominee, his contract is trading at 5 cents on the dollar at Intrade down from 9 cents before last night's debate, and from nearly 40 cents just after he entered.

It's a bargain if he's going to win! Scoop them up now!

the republicans will chose whoever they chose.

Its up to them if hes the nominee or not

Having done my share of public speaking, I empathize with RPerry as this stuff does happen. However, after his New Hampshire performance he should have been as sharp as a tack last night. So I'd say, yes Perry is done.

Probably. I mean he only had to remember three departments to cut. He might recover but i doubt it. Cain,Romney,Gingrich,and Paul blew him away in that Debate. I'm sure he's a good guy but i don't think he can win.

Forum List

Back