Did Paul Ryan make it "own his own"? NO!!!

After Ryan's father's death his mother went to school on a public bus, to a pubic college.

for which she paid.

In state colleges, the majority of your tuition is paid out of the commons. That's why they're 'State colleges.'

I pay a toll to ride on the PA Turnpike as well; But it still wouldn't exist without the state's efforts.

This isn't that complex of a concept.

After Ryan's father's death his mother went to school on a public bus, to a pubic college.

for which she paid.

In state colleges, the majority of your tuition is paid out of the commons. That's why they're 'State colleges.'

I pay a toll to ride on the PA Turnpike as well; But it still wouldn't exist without the state's efforts.

There is a thing called COLLEGE TUITION--that students PAY for as did Paul Ryan. His success had absolutely nothing to do with a TURD like you. Social security benefits are paid for by the employee and employer.

obama-youth-enthusiasm.jpg

for which she paid.

State's efforts ? The state is the people. They decided they wanted that through elected officals. There is no separate entity that "builds that". Every road I drive on, I helped build.

for which she paid.

There is a thing called COLLEGE TUITION--that students PAY for as did Paul Ryan. His success had absolutely nothing to do with a TURD like you. Social security benefits are paid for by the employee and employer.

Did I speak too quickly? I'll slow it down for you.

In. State. Colleges.... The. Majority. Of... Your. Tuition. is... Paid. Out. Of. The. Commons.

That's why they're 'State Colleges.'

Don't be that guy.

for which she paid.

State's efforts ? The state is the people. They decided they wanted that through elected officals. There is no separate entity that "builds that". Every road I drive on, I helped build.

So if we agree, then why are we arguing? Will the generation that comes after you not benefit from programs established with your tax dollars?

for which she paid.

It wouldn't exist without MY tax money. So by Obama's logic, the state didn't build that, they didn't make that happen, they had help.

for which she paid.

It wouldn't exist without MY tax money. So by Obama's logic, the state didn't build that, they didn't make that happen, they had help.

Yes, 'The State' is an aggregate of it's citizens, there's no disagreement there...

Yes, 'The State' is an aggregate of it's citizens, there's no disagreement there...

The "somebody else" didn't build that.

And to say "you didn't do that, somebody else did"...is a lie.

So beneficial things don't exist for your advantage that was paid for exclusively by others, and others will not benefit from things produced with your tax dollars?

You guys are taking this stuff WAAAAAY out of context. You're hearing what you want to hear.

So beneficial things don't exist for your advantage that was paid for exclusively by others, and others will not benefit from things produced with your tax dollars?

You guys are taking this stuff WAAAAAY out of context. You're hearing what you want to hear.

Sorry, but I know the context. It was evident when you listened to the rest of the speech. He is simply going to justify taking more.

And sorry, but we are talking small business or business in general. They pay a lot more than their fair share. And they did build that...it would not have gotten built without tax dollars....taken from people and business.

You pricks keep yacking about context....and I understand you have no idea what the context was.

You guys have it backwards. It isnt the state that helps us, it's us that helps the state. We are the ones who build businesses. We are the ones that pay taxes. We are the ones that engage in civic activities.

Did he? He didn't recieve ONE CENT of govt financial aid??? You sure??

Paul Ryan received social security benefits--AFTER he found his father dead at age 16--which he was eligible for since his father died. He saved that money to pay for college. In high school he worked at McDonald's flipping hamburgers--so WTF is your point? Didn't his father pay into social security all of his working years--and once he suddenly died--that money goes to the UNDERAGE children of the deceased? And be assured that the money Paul Ryan received did not come close to the amount his father paid into the fund.

Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By-Yourself-590.jpg

If the Univ of Miami-Ohio is anything like most public universities Paul Ryan was probably able to enjoy about 70-80% of his education/tuition being picked up by taxpayers, i.e 70-80% paid for at taxpayer expense, 20-30% paid for by the student. Defunding of public education started about 20 years ago or so and picked up steam in the tax cutting culture of the early 2000's.

IOW's, Ryan did his part but-------but had lots-o-help from we the people/taxpayers, from the goverment inspired Social Security Survivors Program, to using taxpayer funds to pay for his education, to the very check, perks and benefits he receives today-----has there ever been a time when Ryan hasn't been sucking from the government teat?

Is insider trading legal while cashing government checks?

✄snip>

The next time anyone questions why public university tuition is rising faster than inflation, remember this: Twenty years ago, the state government paid 80 percent of the cost of a student's education and a student paid 20 percent. Today, the state pays 30 percent of the cost, and the student pays 70 percent. The state has systematically disinvested in our children's future, and we view this trend with disappointment and alarm.

We truly appreciate the hard work of the governor, the Legislature and many others who work in the business, civic and education communities who this year helped put a halt to further cuts in public higher education and gave us the tools and flexibility needed to help us manage through the current crisis. However, losing half of our state funding over just a few years has radically and unduly shifted the burden of financing the higher-education system to students, who are taking on more and more family and personal debt. This debt load restrains the ability of many Washingtonians to fully pursue life's opportunities.

Public higher education is an essential ingredient of a functioning democracy and a healthy economy, but the current financial model for its funding is broken and not sustainable. If Washington is to maintain affordable access to quality higher education for its citizens, something has to change

✄snip>

Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, here is how Paul Ryan made it "on his own" without any help building his career:

After a tragic early death of his father, he was able to get by on Social Security survivor's benefits until age 18. Thank goodness for that safety net.

But best "help" of all????

Ryan attended the Univ of Miami-Ohio.........a PUBLIC university.

While there, he visited with libertarian professor Richard Hart, where he became hugely interested in Ayn Rand, and read about her while at UM-OH.

How interesting. Ryan attended a government funded college. Learned from a libertarian college professor, who was employed by a govt college, and began to read anti-government material by Ayn Rand....while on campus of a govt funded college.

Yep. Govt had NO help in shaping Paul Ryan.

Pretty impressive for Mr. Ryan... What did you do to get yourself ahead? Drink a Forty while you waited for the Mailman to bring you your Welfare Check?
images

You guys have it backwards. It isnt the state that helps us, it's us that helps the state. We are the ones who build businesses. We are the ones that pay taxes. We are the ones that engage in civic activities.

So we citizens worked in a collaborative manner to provide services available to all and administered through government? A "for the collective good" type thing?

Sounds exactly like what Obama said, glad you agree with him.

Did he? He didn't recieve ONE CENT of govt financial aid??? You sure??

Are you fucking retarded or did you just come out of the closet?
So the next Heisman winner will need a trophy for each member of the team, every person he's played with and for and his parents.....suuuuuure....you really are dumb

Forum List

Back