Did Pat Tillman get restored in honour?

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
I just watched the Pat Tillman movie ( http://runmovie.com/2011/06/the-tillman-story/ ) and was pretty sickened, I m really impressed by his family and their efforts to restore his honour in the face of the dishonour of the people that are supposed to represent him.

the full movie documentary here ( youtube "Pat Tillman story pt.1"):

I wonder if this cover up has been punished?

220px-Corporal_Patrick_Tillman.jpg

Seems like 1 of the lying generals got rewarded for it
Retirement

Gates decorates McChrystal with the Defense Distinguished Service Medal at his retirement ceremony on July 23, 2010.
Shortly after his removal from command in Afghanistan, McChrystal announced that he would retire from the Army.[15] The day after the announcement, the White House announced that he would retain his four-star rank in retirement, although law generally requires a four-star officer to hold his rank for three years in order to retain it in retirement.[57][58][59] His retirement ceremony was held on July 23, 2010 at Fort McNair in Washington D.C. During this ceremony, McChrystal was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal by Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey and the Defense Distinguished Service Medal by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.[60][61][62]

I m disgusted by this

If you have any respect for the integrity of fallen soldiers, you should watch this movie

I hope Patt will haunt the people who did this to him for the rest of their lives, he probably turned over in his grave already

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Military panicked and tried to downplay the fact that Tillman was killed by so-called "friendly fire" because he was a minor celebrity. How does that detract from the honor of the hero who was killed? Thousands of Military personnel have been killed by "friendly fire" throughout American history and we shouldn't be surprised when the civilian punks write the stories that focus on the alleged cover-up in order to make a buck rather than focusing on the honorable service of the fallen Hero.

Last edited:
So the Military panicked and tried to downplay the fact that Tillman was killed by so-called "friendly fire" because he was a minor celebrity. How does that detract from the honor of the hero who was killed? Thousands of Military personnel have been killed by "friendly fire" throughout American history and we shouldn't be surprised when the civilian punks write the stories that focus on the alleged cover-up in order to make a buck rather than focusing on the honorable service of the fallen Hero.

Wel there is the thing that any soldier should hope that the country and the generals he risks his life for should at least respect his personal choices that he is legally allowed to make. Other than that you d expect the military to have some respect for the families of the troops that have died. Which clearly was not the case, and this documentary is not made by some civilian punk, it was some ex miltary punk (be correct about it if you want to make an insult): it was the family of Patt himself that helped make it, a family that send sons to the military each of their generations which makes it all even worse

- If you choose no as answer to the question on the form that asks wether you want a military funeral, then the least you could expect is that the military should honour that. Instead he gets a military funeral that becomes nationally televised where he s used as a political propaganda tool for the war, HE WAS AGAINST THE IRAQ WAR btw but still did his duty. Having them lie to your family on your own funeral (about how you died) that you requested to be private makes it all the more disgusting.

- You d expect that when you re dead your family being already hit hard emotionally by the fact that you re gone that they wouldn't have to deal with a military telling them lies, making it impossible for your family to come to peace with your death. Then I didn't even talk about the politicians talking on his funeral trying to recuperate his death for political causes, also not being too respectfull about the fact that he s an atheist.

Also: there was no "alledged" cover up, the cover up was clearly shown by the military itself after they changed their whole story of how he died from taliban fire (that they lied to the parents at his funeral where the military wasn't even invited by Pat himself) to friendly fire. They lied to the parents on the funeral of their son, how much more of a scumbag can you be? Those people have no honour, the general responsible should be fired on the spot! (he was sitting their on the funeral as well btw)

You clearly didn't see the documentary, otherwise you wouldn't be telling such BS

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. Tillman died defending his Country like hundreds of thousands of Americans before him. Only fools question his honor because of the way the DOD tried to spin it. If you want to make a case for politics interfering with honor you might consider the strange case of the DOD revising the number of the honored dead during Korean War. Every conflict in history has included the Military casualties who were killed during training, by accident or by disease in the roll call of the honored dead. For some reason the Clinton DOD decided to include only the number of the KIA on the peninsula and threw out about 15,000 American Military from the rolls of the honored dead in Korea.

Tillman turned against the war and was gonna' go back to the States and tell everyone his story. About how the Wars are for profit and drugs.

But the Military Industrial Complex didn't wanna' let that happen.

Too many brave men and women were wounded or lost their lives due to Friendly Fire.
Unfortunately, it happens in every War.
On one occasion, I was with my buddy when he was hit by friendly fire ( Believe me, it could have been much worse ). There were other incidents. I hated that shit more anything else in my life.
USMC 1st Bn 4th Marines Vietnam 67-68

Tillman turned against the war and was gonna' go back to the States and tell everyone his story. About how the Wars are for profit and drugs.

But the Military Industrial Complex didn't wanna' let that happen.

Pretty offensive stuff. Should be in the conspiracy tin foil hat forum.

I don't question the fact that Tillman was killed by friendly fire. Unfortunately, that happens in combat.

I don't question the fact that the Pentagon tried to spin it. That also happens for all the bad/good intentions in the world, and it will continue to happen no matter who's in the White House.

I do question the objectivity of the so-called "documentary." The emotions are real, and the tragedy that hit the Tillman family is real. But the editing and pasting together of their experience is done at the hands of someone who is trying to convey a certain message. We should never lose sight of that no matter which direction the documentary takes.

War is an ugly thing. At the end of the day, Pat Tillman is still a hero.

I don't question the fact that Tillman was killed by friendly fire. Unfortunately, that happens in combat.

I don't question the fact that the Pentagon tried to spin it. That also happens for all the bad/good intentions in the world, and it will continue to happen no matter who's in the White House.

I do question the objectivity of the so-called "documentary." The emotions are real, and the tragedy that hit the Tillman family is real. But the editing and pasting together of their experience is done at the hands of someone who is trying to convey a certain message. We should never lose sight of that no matter which direction the documentary takes.

War is an ugly thing. At the end of the day, Pat Tillman is still a hero.

Eloquently stated Toome. Only pop-culture educated fools and foreigners assume that Tillman's honor needed to be restored.

This war is against a bunch of silly Mud People with sticks and stones, I can assure you that most fallen soldiers are killed by friendly fire, this is just very difficult to tell the family this, they don't want to hear that a fatigued Private accidentally set an artillery piece setting incorrectly, or an incompetent STONER pilot from a rich family was flying a fighter jet and emptied his guns on his platoon, the family WANTS TO HEAR, he died with honor serving his country.
Generals should protect and prevent politicians from capitalizing on fallen soldiers deaths and prevent publicity stunts that could potentially cost lives, the problem with our military is that promotions are politically motivated, promotions have nothing to do with performance or seniority, its all about how you can fuck others and screw others to get to the top.

Lets say I am a Senator, I need to pull off a publicity stunt, and Kim Kardashian was now a POW held by the Iranian military, the Iranian military will soon find out who she is, and quickly go to great lengths to give her back, because they KNOW a publicity stunt will be pulled off, so General Mohamid Al Jihadi of Iran calls me on my phone and begs me to arrange for the unconditional transfer of Kim Kardashian, I tell him that I will call him back.
I now get the ball rolling to find out everything I can about General Mohamid Al Jihadi, I call him back with the GPS coordinates to his house where his family lives, and I tell him, this is how its going to go down:
1. A helicopter is going to land where she is being held, special forces are going to get out and kill every Iranian Sand ****** in that building, and rescue her.
2. And I swear, if any one of your Iranian Sand ******* so much as even fires upon those soldiers, your children will be sleeping with the WORMS tonight, so you better make sure that you collect all ammunition and replace it all with dummy ammo, because the Sand ******* in that building need to be armed when they get killed.
And he will say, YES SIR!
I will call you back when we are ready for you to rescue her.

The General in command of Pat Tillman was obviously someones bitch ( a politician had leverage on him ) and was just leading this General around with a whip, because there is no way in hell a General would allow this to happen unless it benefited him in some way, shape or form, this is our military in the modern age, I think it needs to change, and measures put in place to UN-bitch our military.

If Kirk Lippold was not a bitch and no leverage hanging over his head, he would have just said the following:
SEND THOSE FILTHY SAND ******* TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN WHERE THEY BELONG, OPEN FIRE !!!!!!!

A short time ago the radicals who think "the war is against silly people" would have been demonstrating in the streets but since there is a democrat in the White House the hypocrites are in a bind so they vent their hatred against nameless generals. The point is that Tillman was a hero regardless of docu-dramas created by pop-culture fools and there is no need to be concerned about his honor (or honour). He rests among the honored fallen heroes of the greatest Country in the world.

The honor due to Pat Tillman has nothing to do with the circumstances of his death, the DOD, any kind of coverup or anything else other than the fact that he was willing to serve.

Like all soldiers and Veteran's, he had the choice to go or not to go. He chose to go when the majority of his peers did not. He chose to risk his life, a life that was taken against his will, to leave the comfort and security of a professional career, home and safety. He voluntarily donned the uniform and answered the call to service.

THAT is what's honorable about him and millions more like him. Few "sacrifice" themselves on the altar of country and duty and neither did Pat Tillman. The word "sacrifice" indicates he went to his death willingly and voluntarily. I was not there that day, but I'll bet he didn't want to die right then, or any other day. I've never known anybody killed in combat who did.

No, the honor he deserves is for being willing to risk that, for being willing to take the chance that it might happen.

Nobody can take that away from Pat Tillman, or from anybody else who ever put on the uniform, no matter if they actually saw combat or not or whether they lived or died.

I just watched the Pat Tillman movie ( Watch Movies Online Free » Blog Archive » The Tillman Story ) and was pretty sickened, I m really impressed by his family and their efforts to restore his honour in the face of the dishonour of the people that are supposed to represent him.

the full movie documentary here ( youtube "Pat Tillman story pt.1"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wWFOy5uIU

Retirement

Gates decorates McChrystal with the Defense Distinguished Service Medal at his retirement ceremony on July 23, 2010.
Shortly after his removal from command in Afghanistan, McChrystal announced that he would retire from the Army.[15] The day after the announcement, the White House announced that he would retain his four-star rank in retirement, although law generally requires a four-star officer to hold his rank for three years in order to retain it in retirement.[57][58][59] His retirement ceremony was held on July 23, 2010 at Fort McNair in Washington D.C. During this ceremony, McChrystal was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal by Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey and the Defense Distinguished Service Medal by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.[60][61][62]

I m disgusted by this

If you have any respect for the integrity of fallen soldiers, you should watch this movie

I hope Patt will haunt the people who did this to him for the rest of their lives, he probably turned over in his grave already

When exactly did Tillman ever LOSE his honor, asshole?

When did you first become an asshole?

Last edited:
Notice how the word "honour" is spelled in the original thread. It indicates that the poster is probably from a country where the #1 name for male children in it's capital city is Mohammed. They used to award Knighthood to British subjects who were courageous soldiers but now they prefer homosexual piano players.

I just watched the Pat Tillman movie ( Watch Movies Online Free » Blog Archive » The Tillman Story ) and was pretty sickened, I m really impressed by his family and their efforts to restore his honour in the face of the dishonour of the people that are supposed to represent him.

the full movie documentary here ( youtube "Pat Tillman story pt.1"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wWFOy5uIU

Retirement

I m disgusted by this

My understanding is that he was trapped in friendly fire and not murdered. He was a celebrity. Bad decisions are made when someone important passes in an unpleasant way. It's life.

Pat Tillman was a hero for chucking his lucrative career and going to serve his country like other men who love their nation and wish to defend it. Everything he did was honorable, except he was so physically fit, he probably didn't get broken down in basic training and missed the humility of "you're an earthworm's excrement" hubris drill sargeants smear on new recruits to give them a sense of being under someone's authority. That's small stuff.

I think his death was an accident, that his honor is beyond reproach, and I'm sorry if anyone made his family feel he was anything but a hero to the rest of America.

The rest is a military matter, has been thoroughly reviewed in the military way, people were reprimanded, took their licks for any error made, end of story.

The conspiracy theorist Hollyweirdo who rung up Tillman's family and made them feel lousier than they already felt should be publicly ignored for the duration of their miserable lives that depend on recognition in the theater business.

When will people stop blaming military people for Hollyweird's untrue lies that purchase a big box office as a reward but leave people crushed in their wake?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back