Did Obama's Election Cause 2008 Job Losses?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Rush Limbaugh falsely claimed that job losses in 2008 were a reaction to President Obama's election in November of that year. In fact, the U.S. economy began losing jobs in February 2008, and the pace of job losses began to accelerate prior to the election.

Limbaugh's claim is part of the right-wing media's efforts to erase the collapse of the economy under President Bush and deny Obama credit for economic improvements during his term.

Below is a table showing the monthly change in jobs for the 14 months before Obama took office. Contrary to Limbaugh's statement that "the bottom fell out" after Obama was elected, the economy lost 489,000 jobs in October 2008, which was the largest monthly job loss since May 1980.

20120703-jobstable.jpg

More: Limbaugh Laugher: Obama's Election Caused 2008 Job Losses | Blog | Media Matters for America

USATODAY.com - Workers asked to train foreign replacements

This started all the way back at the beginning of the Bush administration. It takes years to train millions of Chinese. But Republicans did it. Shows what they can do with they put their mind to it.

These Americans could have refused, but they would have been fired without unemployment for refusing to do their job. Republicans had them over a barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that the President can't spend a dime. ; Congress passes the law and spends the money, any taking on Congress causing a bunch of the problem. Woops, I forgot about the EPA, they don't need congress to pay laws, they just make them up as they go, just like the Dictator in Chief told them to..

Remember that the President can't spend a dime. ; Congress passes the law and spends the money, any taking on Congress causing a bunch of the problem. Woops, I forgot about the EPA, they don't need congress to pay laws, they just make them up as they go, just like the Dictator in Chief told them to..

Yea, they don't use science at all, they just make shit up.

Wait, you do know that many EPA laws are mandated by the court and neither the congress nor the president had nothing to do with it. Tell me you knew that.

Forum List

Back