Did Obama Vote for the Debt He "Inherited"

So you think huge deficits are ok?

Only in limited situations; eg a recession where temporary fiscal stimulus may be justified or where the nation's life depends on spending more than it can raise from taxes. Otherwise I don't think any deficits are OK.

So its ok to run up deficits that will lead this country to deficits that will ultimately lead to the federal budget consisting of nothing more than; entitlement programs and paying interest on the national debt, as long as it is excused by the purpose of stimulating the economy.

No

Even before the baby boomer generation has begun to retire, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid constitute 42% of the federal budget, he said. In the next 30 years, the share of population that's older than 65 will hit 20%, from 13% currently, which commensurately inflates the cost of those programs. At the same time, inflation in health care costs far outstrips economic growth, meaning that Medicare and Medicaid in 40 years will be as big as the entire federal budget today.
National debt makes U.S. vulnerable, experts say - JSOnline
In less than 20 years, those three programs, plus interest payments on America's debt, will consume all the tax revenue the nation can expect by then, Bixby said.

That's before Obama's 2 trillion dollar expansion of the national debt.

Therefore we need to raise taxes or lower benefits, or make them more efficient.

he finally admits obama lied...:clap2:

and then what do you do....

apparently i must tell you AGAIN that it doesn't matter a wit about mccan or any other republican, THEY HAVE NOT SAID THEY ARE NOT AT FAULT FOR THE DEFICIT, OBAMA SAID THE DEFICIT WAS NOT HIS FAULT YET HE VOTED TO INCREASE THE DEFICIT

i don't like using all caps like that, but you've been told this over half a dozen times....further, i've already told you i blame mccain....

seriously what is wrong with you?

IMO the $10.7 trillion debt he inhereted is not his fault. It was run up thanks mostly to the policies of Reagan Bush and Bush and now that we are faced with a potential economic catastrophe it's not Obama's "fault" that a massive stimulus is necessary.

You can try to point the finger at him in a lame attempt to pretend he's somehow to blame for this freaking mess all you want. I ain't buying.

Look me up 4 years from now and if the economy is back on its feet and Obama is still running big deficits, I will be first in line to blame and criticize him for it.
i notice how you excuse Clinton

you partisan hack

Ignored.

I'll discuss with anyone else why I did not include Clinton as being responsible for the debt if interested.

Looks to me like he was not present about 54% of the time, would any of you still have a job if you didn't show up 50% of the time.? I don't think so. He was probably too busy running Acorn and being a community organizor.:lol:

IMO the $10.7 trillion debt he inhereted is not his fault. It was run up thanks mostly to the policies of Reagan Bush and Bush and now that we are faced with a potential economic catastrophe it's not Obama's "fault" that a massive stimulus is necessary.

You can try to point the finger at him in a lame attempt to pretend he's somehow to blame for this freaking mess all you want. I ain't buying.

Look me up 4 years from now and if the economy is back on its feet and Obama is still running big deficits, I will be first in line to blame and criticize him for it.

you partisan hack

Ignored.

I'll discuss with anyone else why I did not include Clinton as being responsible for the debt if interested.
again, you show you are a liar
you didnt ignore it, you replied to it

what a moron

you partisan hack

Ignored.

what a moron

Sorry. You are not "anyone else".

But go ahead and send me another flaming neg rep because you disagree with my argument. It's what we expect from trolls.

Ignored.

what a moron

But go ahead and send me another flaming neg rep because you disagree with my argument. It's what we expect from trolls.
you are the more trollish
LOL
but i expect that from liberal fucking morons

and what a whiny assed pussy to bitch about a neg rep in public
:lol:

Ignored.

what a moron

You another one of those elitist twits who speaks of themselves in the third person? Or do you have a mouse in your pocket?:cuckoo:

iriemon....you smokin to much dope

2007 is not the same budget obama voted for in 2008....but you keep fooling yourself and making your partisan excuses. honestly, you've shown that you have no desire to have an honest debate, you constantly change your tune when it fits your agenda. you make false analogies and false attacks on the person you are debating.

it is a simple fact that obama lied when he said he is not responsible. i even linked you to a fackcheck article that said he is partly responsible given his votes. that is the reality and truth of the matter.

2007 is not the same budget obama voted for in 2008....but you keep fooling yourself and making your partisan excuses. honestly, you've shown that you have no desire to have an honest debate, you constantly change your tune when it fits your agenda. you make false analogies and false attacks on the person you are debating.

it is a simple fact that obama lied when he said he is not responsible. i even linked you to a fackcheck article that said he is partly responsible given his votes. that is the reality and truth of the matter.

Repetitive at this point.

how is it repetitive? its like debating a broken record... if you say it enough times, you believe it will come true

they are TWO different budgets, are you now claiming in march of 07 that obama had a gun to head for that budget? 1. 2008 there was no gun, that is false, he did not have to spend money we don't have, 2. in march 07 we were not in the same economic situation, so you're wrong that it is repetitive

because you are too fucking DENSE to understand that Obama was in the Senate and voted for bills that increased the debt so he is just as responsible as everyone else that either voted for it or signed the bill
and deflecting to say "McCain voted for it too" is fucking childish when i already said ANYONE that voted for it is responsible
get your head out of your ass for a change and breath some fresh air

because you are too fucking DENSE to understand that Obama was in the Senate and voted for bills that increased the debt so he is just as responsible as everyone else that either voted for it or signed the bill
and deflecting to say "McCain voted for it too" is fucking childish when i already said ANYONE that voted for it is responsible

Thanks for your opinion. Going to neg rep me again for not agreeing with it?

BO will be responsible for his own actions approximitely 6 billion years from now when the sun goes nova.

Well, MAYBE.

But not before!

how is it repetitive? its like debating a broken record... if you say it enough times, you believe it will come true

they are TWO different budgets, are you now claiming in march of 07 that obama had a gun to head for that budget? 1. 2008 there was no gun, that is false, he did not have to spend money we don't have, 2. in march 07 we were not in the same economic situation, so you're wrong that it is repetitive

It is repetitive because you have already argued this. I have already given my response. There is nothing new you are adding here. We can go around and around on the same stuff 100 times but it doesn't accomplish anything.

You want to think it's Obama's own fault his inherited a massive debt and the economy, fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree for reasons I've stated several times already.

Others can decide for themselves. That's the way it works.

Thanks for your opinion. Going to neg rep me again for not agreeing with it?
quit your whining about a neg rep
sheeesh you are a whiny bitch

btw, you didnt get a neg rep just for disagreeing, you got it because you are a fucking dense moron that doesnt even begin to understand even after being told many times

Last edited:

It is repetitive because you have already argued this. I have already given my response. There is nothing new you are adding here. We can go around and around on the same stuff 100 times but it doesn't accomplish anything.

You want to think it's Obama's own fault his inherited a massive debt and the economy, fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree for reasons I've stated several times already.

liar, you have not addressed his vote in march 2007...you mentioned 2006 and 2008...2008 you claimed he did it because he forced to, you used some false analogy about a gun to someone's head...obama made a choice, NO ONE forced him to put us further in a deficit, he BELIEVED it would help, no one forced him, you are flat out wrong.

and since you now want to keep up the bs game that 2007 is somehow repetive, it is clear you are not going to give an honest debate....so there really no further point in discussing the matter with you.

and dude, you're not everyone's parent, i suggest you stop running around telling people to act like an adult, especially since you act like a whiny child who when shown facts that don't comport with your myopic world view, you throw a hissy fit and stomp your fit and claim you already talked about it.

(yawn)

liar, you have not addressed his vote in march 2007...you mentioned 2006 and 2008...2008 you claimed he did it because he forced to, you used some false analogy about a gun to someone's head...obama made a choice, NO ONE forced him to put us further in a deficit, he BELIEVED it would help, no one forced him, you are flat out wrong.

and since you now want to keep up the bs game that 2007 is somehow repetive, it is clear you are not going to give an honest debate....so there really no further point in discussing the matter with you.

Jesus Christ.

I'll say it again. One more time.

In my opinion, the fact that Obama as a senator was one of 200 congressman who voted yay to a budget does not make it his "fault" because he did not have the power to control the budget. If you have proof that the budget in 2007 reflects Obama's preferences the I'd agree. But in fact we know we would have preferred to increases taxes on the richer, and spend more on health care. It wasn't his budget.

The fact that Obama voted on a fiscal stimulus bill that IMO was necessary to keep the economy from crashing does not make the deficit his "fault" any more than it is your "fault" someone died when you shot them in self defense.

If you don't agree me fine. Good for you. But how many more freaking times are we going to beat this same dead horse?

and dude, you're not everyone's parent, i suggest you stop running around telling people to act like an adult, especially since you act like a whiny child who when shown facts that don't comport with your myopic world view, you throw a hissy fit and stomp your fit and claim you already talked about it.

Everyone can do whatever the hell they want. If you think writing posts back and forth saying "you're a fucking jerk" represents the pinnacle of reasoned debate, good for you. I don't. You an anyone else can give me neg reps for it I couldn't care less. I don't tell anyone what to do. They don't have to read my posts.

But if they want to have a discussion or debate with me, they can do it like an adult. If they can't whether I choose to respond or not is up to me.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. He was instrumental in getting it passed, he put his stamp of approval on it when he signed it....and he was lying when he said he didn't.

Jesus Christ.

I'll say it again. One more time.

In my opinion, the fact that Obama as a senator was one of 200 congressman who voted yay to a budget does not make it his "fault" because he did not have the power to control the budget. If you have proof that the budget in 2007 reflects Obama's preferences the I'd agree. But in fact we know we would have preferred to increases taxes on the richer, and spend more on health care. It wasn't his budget.

The fact that Obama voted on a fiscal stimulus bill that IMO was necessary to keep the economy from crashing does not make the deficit his "fault" any more than it is your "fault" someone died when you shot them in self defense.

If you don't agree me fine. Good for you. But how many more freaking times are we going to beat this same dead horse?

Everyone can do whatever the hell they want. If you think writing posts back and forth saying "you're a fucking jerk" represents the pinnacle of reasoned debate, good for you. I don't. You an anyone else can give me neg reps for it I couldn't care less. I don't tell anyone what to do. They don't have to read my posts.

But if they want to have a discussion or debate with me, they can do it like an adult. If they can't whether I choose to respond or not is up to me.

Obama doesn't have clean hands on that budget. He did vote for it...no denying that. The budget wan't labeled "Obama's Budget". I think that is your out card on this thread. But he certainly is part of the mix on that budget. You really go after the term "It depends on what your definition of is, is." With that view, I don't understand why anyone would want to even banter with you. I won't do it again. You have blinders on, and see nothing more than what you want to see.

Doesn't matter. He was instrumental in getting it passed, he put his stamp of approval on it when he signed it....and he was lying when he said he didn't.

yay...

it is not hard to get...obama votes to approve the budget that increased our deficit, thus he is part of the problem and his actions caused the deficit to go higher.

it is the height of stupidity to say his one vote did nothing, did not count and the budget wasn't in his name. he voted to approve the budget, so saying that he had nothing to do with the deficit is a flat out lie.

Forum List

Back