Did Obama lie about health care for illegals?

President Obama did not lie about illegal and health care.

Annie was the person who lied about it.

Wrong. The Democrats removed the specifics of checking legalities of those requesting healthcare. Those specifics were deleted. Asshat.

Annie, everyone keeps repeating this....but I have never seen this amendment or WHAT it actually said and it is hard to really agree or disagree on this without KNOWING what it said...? Do any of the conservative sites that is saying this have a copy of this amendment or something for me to go on to find it? Who put up the amendment...maybe I can get the info this way, if you do not already have it?

Wrong. The Democrats removed the specifics of checking legalities of those requesting healthcare. Those specifics were deleted. Asshat.

Annie, everyone keeps repeating this....but I have never seen this amendment or WHAT it actually said and it is hard to really agree or disagree on this without KNOWING what it said...? Do any of the conservative sites that is saying this have a copy of this amendment or something for me to go on to find it? Who put up the amendment...maybe I can get the info this way, if you do not already have it?

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

Because without a national identification system, that included illegal immigrants, then there would be no way to implement "verification" of illegals.

Such identification would have to include some sort of "proof", like fingerprints, etc, or be suscepible to fraud.

In addition, isn't this what Republicans were attacking Democrats for last year with the whole "giving illegals Driver's licenses" thing? LOL.

The proof is in the pudding, read it and weep.

Healthcare for illegals part of Dems' plan (OneNewsNow.com)

Wow, an opinion piece by some republican congressman on a right-wing religion website.

Yeah, there's some proof alright. Nice job. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Because without a national identification system, that included illegal immigrants, then there would be no way to implement "verification" of illegals.

Such identification would have to include some sort of "proof", like fingerprints, etc, or be suscepible to fraud.

In addition, isn't this what Republicans were attacking Democrats for last year with the whole "giving illegals Driver's licenses" thing? LOL.

Wow, an opinion piece by some republican congressman on a right-wing religion website.

Yeah, there's some proof alright. Nice job. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

With this, it becomes more than obvious that the left really hasn't a care about the costs, just that it 'gets pushed through.'

Yea, yes, yes, ol section 246. You libs are about as dumb as a bag of hammers. I can say I am not going to let green dogs poop on my law, but until I build a green dog proof fence what good is saying it. Section 246 does say that, and only that. There are no enforcement measures taken. So, even though we have a fence and a border patrol, we still have people running across our borders. Do you really thing that saying they cannot get health insurance is a deterrent. NOOOOO!

The Heller Amendment, for all you terminally stupid libs was an amendment to enforce section 246, which has no enforcement other than its wordage. The vote was 26 to 15 in the HWMC along a straight party line vote. You dems voted it down. This amendment would have required the use of SAVE (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements) program to prevent illegal’s from getting affordable premium credits, and also IEVS. This was on July 16th, and until his speech the other nigh nothing had been done to close that gap. So bo is a liar.

If what Wilson said was not true, why was it all over the news the next morning that congress was working very hard to close the hole that would allow illegal’s to get healthcare under their bill. Wilson was right. Section 246 is just lip service, not prevention, dummy.

You seem to think that they are not getting social services now, we’ll tell that to the employees that are losing their jobs at the 84 California hospitals that are closing down now do to the illegal’s using the services and not paying it back.

If we give illegal’s a free heath care ride here in this country our borders will be overrun and instead of 12 million we will be looking at twenty five million in a very short period of time, but I bet you did not think of that while defending your liar president. But that is what you libs want, you want illegal’s to have health insurance at all of our expense. So you quit your lying.

Bo wants to make them all legal anyway so they can get the insurance. So why put any enforcement in the bill. You can read the pdf file of the act by using the link below. No add on, just enforcement. If you libs did not wish to give away our tax money to illegal’s, why did you unanimously vote the amendment down? Oh, I get it, it was a republican idea so vote it down because of that. And you wonder why over a million people showed up in Washington on the 12th. It is time to start re-calling, let’s start with the 26 dems that voted this amendment down.

God Bless America.

Well, I had links for you dummies to read and weep, but they will not allow because I have not made 15 posts. You will have to do your own homework if you are able.

Hints:
YouTube - Citizenship Verification Should Be Used For Government-Run Health

heller-6.pdf

Does Joe Wilson Have A Case On Health Care, Illegal Aliens? - Taking Liberties - CBS News

AMENDMENT TO H.R.
OFFERED BY MR. HELLER OF NEVADA
(Amendment drafted to AAHCA09l001)
At the end of section 221, add the following new
subsection:
1 (h) APPLICATION OF INCOME AND ELIGIBILITY
2 VERIFICATION SYSTEM (IEVS) AND THE SYSTEMATIC
3 ALIEN VERIFICATION FOR ENTITLEMENTS (SAVE) PRO4
GRAMS.—In order to utilize the public health insurance
5 option, an individual must have had his or her eligibility
6 determined and approved under the Income and Eligibility
7 Verification System (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien
8 Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) programs under sec9
tion 1137 of the Social Security Act. The benefit deter10
mination and approval under this subsection shall be the
11 responsibility of the Exchange-participating health bene12
fits plan offering the public health insurance option.
At the end of section 242, add the following new
subsection:
13 (e) APPLICATION OF INCOME AND ELIGIBILITY
14 VERIFICATION SYSTEM (IEVS) AND THE SYSTEMATIC
15 ALIEN VERIFICATION FOR ENTITLEMENTS (SAVE) PROVerDate
Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00001 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC
July 15, 2009 (10:24 a.m.)
F:\P11\NHI\REPUB\WMR6_002.XML
f:\VHLC\071509\071509.055.xml (444573|1)
1 GRAMS.—In addition to satisfying the eligibility require2
ments specified in subsection (a), to be considered an af3
fordable credit eligible individual, an individual must have
4 had his or her eligibility for the credit determined and ap5
proved under the Income and Eligibility Verification Sys6
tem (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien Verification for En7
titlements (SAVE) programs under section 1137 of the
8 Social Security Act. The benefit determination and ap9
proval under this subsection shall be the responsibility of
10 the Exchange-participating health benefits plan in which
11 the individual enrolls and attempts to utilize the credit.
◊
VerDate Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00002 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6301 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC
July 15,

Now this site has a copy of the amendment. All it askes for is enforcment, which I understand is distastefull to you libs. You would rather subsidise ACORN and pimping children.

God Bless America

RCWBP

Last edited:

How long have you been posting here now? You honestly think this proves anything?

illegals that purchase their own health insurance without the tax payer's subsidy for affordability credits are not at issue with me.

Of course, I still believe our immigration system is broken, with the lack of federal enforcement and poorly thought out immigration quotas etc....and in no way would i want to diminish the true illegal immigration crisis that this country is in....

But if we don't allow illegals who can afford it to BUY their own health insurance, then those people will be using the emergency rooms more and the cost of this will hit us through our taxes that help fund emergency rooms and their federal mandate to serve everyone regardless of means and through higher hospital prices trying to cover those costs which translate to higher insurance policy prices or copays or diminished benefits for all of us.

the issue at hand, at least for me...is whether illegals can sneak in and get these ''affordability credits'' that are for the poorest American citizens, paid for via our tax dollars, NOT that illegals may get to buy insurance...almost half of them already buy their health insurance now...to stop them from doing such and putting them on the public dole through emergency rooms would be an injustice and financially detrimental to all of us taxpayers!

care

AMENDMENT TO H.R.
subsection:
subsection:
Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00001 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC

◊
VerDate Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00002 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6301 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC
July 15,

Now this site has a copy of the amendment. All it askes for is enforcment, which I understand is distastefull to you libs. You would rather subsidise ACORN and pimping children.

God Bless America

RCWBP

The INSURANCE COMPANIES, should NOT be responsible for verifying whether the customers that purchase their products are citizens or NOT!!!!!

Should we make all private businesses CARD US FOR CITIZENSHIP before they can sell to us...make certain ''WE ALL HAVE A NUMBER'' so that we can BUY OR SELL? should that number of all of us, begin with 666?

What exactly are you mandating here of the insurance companies just trying to sell an insurance policy?

THEY should NOT be the ones responsible for checking such...our gvt should be...and this will have to be figured out.

Putting this responsibility on to private businesses that just want to sell their product is not right or just, it is an over reach of our gvt. on to the insurance industry.

read what it says, in the part i highlighted in bold in the above section of the amendment you posted....

The DEVIL is in the details....as usual!

Even though 5 democrats voted with the republicans on this committee..I would have voted no, if i were in the House committee that introduced this measure.

care

Last edited:

AMENDMENT TO H.R.
subsection:
subsection:

◊
July 15,

God Bless America

RCWBP

The INSURANCE COMPANIES, should NOT be responsible for verifying whether the customers that purchase their products are citizens or NOT!!!!!

Should we make all private businesses CARD US FOR CITIZENSHIP before they can sell to us...make certain ''WE ALL HAVE A NUMBER'' so that we can BUY OR SELL? should that number of all of us, begin with 666?

What exactly are you mandating here of the insurance companies just trying to sell an insurance policy?

THEY should NOT be the ones responsible for checking such...our gvt should be...and this will have to be figured out.

Putting this responsibility on to private businesses that just want to sell their product is not right or just, it is an over reach of our gvt. on to the insurance industry.

read what it says, in the part i highlighted in bold in the above section of the amendment you posted....

Tahe DEVIL is in the details....as usual!

Even though 5 democrats voted with the republicans on this committee..I would have voted no, if i were in the House committee that introduced this measure.

care

The last bit before your bolded bit says:

"an individual must have
8 Social Security Act."

Doesn't this mean that SSA would determine their eligibility?

The part you bolded means that the insurance companies would determine the benefits and approval.

That's how I read it anyway. :)

Ame®icano;1508589 said:
1) President Obama is not being truthful because the Republicans attempted to insert an amendment in the bill such that the proposed plan would not cover illegal immigrants and they were voted down in a straight party line vote by the democrats.

2) Given the bills in the House and Senate are over 1,000 pages each and are written in pure legalese it will be up to the beaurocrats to imlement the bill once it has been passed, and without specific guidance to omit the coverage of illegal immigrants they will be covered. If this were not the wish of the Democrats why would they vote down the amendment (mentioned above)???

No, just another one of the countless lies from the GOP machine. It's been in the bill we have from the beginning...

H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Is this too "legalese" for you? I can get the comic book version if you need it.

Simple question for you: do you support NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS?

This is only about affordability credits. The amendments need to be in the bill and made clear. Joe Wilson was right. Obama either lied or is still grossly ill informed.

Care4all, I can tell you were to take a remedial reading class if you let me know the general area where you live. But besides this, this is the very reason we have illegal’s taking jobs from citizens, you do not think it is the employers obligation to check and see if he is hiring a illegal. So don’t worry, your taxes will now be paying for insurance for illegals. Please tell me where is the most efficient place to check for the illegals? You want to cry, give us an alternative. What a lame excuse, and besides Zoom-boing is right.
So is aztec
God Bless America

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1508589 said:
No, just another one of the countless lies from the GOP machine. It's been in the bill we have from the beginning...

H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Is this too "legalese" for you? I can get the comic book version if you need it.

Simple question for you: do you support NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS?

This is only about affordability credits. The amendments need to be in the bill and made clear. Joe Wilson was right. Obama either lied or is still grossly ill informed.

Thank you.

If democrats are saying that there will be no support for illegals, why is the problem to check who is legal and who's not?

If you're legal, fine, we'll treat you.
If you're not legal, well... we might treat you, we may not... before we deport you.

Care4all, I can tell you were to take a remedial reading class if you let me know the general area where you live. But besides this, this is the very reason we have illegal’s taking jobs from citizens, you do not think it is the employers obligation to check and see if he is hiring a illegal. So don’t worry, your taxes will now be paying for insurance for illegals. Please tell me where is the most efficient place to check for the illegals? You want to cry, give us an alternative. What a lame excuse, and besides Zoom-boing is right.
So is aztec
God Bless America

oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

talk about needing to take a remedial reading course! sheesh!

NO WHERE, ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE did i say businesses HIRING EMPLOYEES should not check to see if they are legally here.

The government in this amendment is not asking them to check their own employees who work for them silly!

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1515158 said:
Ame®icano;1508589 said:

Thank you.

If democrats are saying that there will be no support for illegals, why is the problem to check who is legal and who's not?

If you're not legal, well... we might treat you, we may not... before we deport you.

there is NO PROBLEM with our government checking and assuring this...NONE.

the only problem is the gvt expecting a private business, on the private business's dime, to be the policemen for the Federal government on this...

which set up precedence for private businesses being required by the gvt to CARD US, ALL OF US before they can sell anything to us, even at the grocers, to make certain we are citizens.....AND THAT, is utter BULL CRAP.

Our government most certainly needs a means of verification of citizenship for those who acquire these affordability credits...but putting this burden on to any private business that is just selling their product to a customer is NOT where we want our country to go...

CERTAINLY you can see this and agree that we need to find another way where it is our government that puts in checks to secure such and not expect a private business to do it for them on the private businesses own dollar....which is precisely what the republican amendment did, that was voted down.

And these presumptions for merely political positioning stating that Dems don't want to stop illegals is you guys being played as pawns by the political guys on your side...causing division between us on an issue that we actual agree upon...imo.

Care

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1515158 said:

Thank you.

the only problem is the gvt expecting a private business, on the private business's dime, to be the policemen for the Federal government on this...

which set up precedence for private businesses being required by the gvt to CARD US, ALL OF US before they can sell anything to us, even at the grocers, to make certain we are citizens.....AND THAT, is utter BULL CRAP.

Our government most certainly needs a means of verification of citizenship for those who acquire these affordability credits...but putting this burden on to any private business that is just selling their product to a customer is NOT where we want our country to go...

CERTAINLY you can see this and agree that we need to find another way where it is our government that puts in checks to secure such and not expect a private business to do it for them on the private businesses own dollar....which is precisely what the republican amendment did, that was voted down.

And these presumptions for merely political positioning stating that Dems don't want to stop illegals is you guys being played as pawns by the political guys on your side...causing division between us on an issue that we actual agree upon...imo.

Care

I could accept your view to some point. My view is that anyone who would ask for any servise that is paid by taxpayers money should prove that is eligible for that service.

Senior citizens have their gov't issued Medicare cards and they are required to show it when ask for service. Isn't that already verification by private company? I think it is.

Ame®icano;1515302 said:
Ame®icano;1515158 said:
Thank you.

Care

I could accept your view to some point. My view is that anyone who would ask for any servise that is paid by taxpayers money should prove that is eligible for that service.

Senior citizens have their gov't issued Medicare cards and they are required to show it when ask for service. Isn't that already verification by private company? I think it is.

it is verification of having insurance that Hospitals and doctors ask of everyone whether the patient has medicare insurance, medicaid insurance, united health care insurance or blue cross blue shield...it is their means of being paid.

(We can not have our government setting us up, to not be able to buy or sell, without a number, an id number emblazoned in our forehead....or card held in our right hand....that begins with 666 and this is what this would lead to....)

And setting prophesy aside, this is not what we want regardless...for God's sake, we are suppose to live in a free country and to make our businesses be the workers of the gvt to ID us all for citizenship is NOT the way to go, which is where this will lead.

Our government, ensures that Medicaid recipients are usa citizens since a law passed in 2006 it has been MANDATORY for the gvt to check....they can do something similar with affordability credits without having to put the burden and this expense of time, which is money, on to the businesses selling a product that is made mandatory by the government for the citizen to have...

Ame®icano;1515302 said:

Care

it is verification of having insurance that Hospitals and doctors ask of everyone whether the patient has medicare insurance, medicaid insurance, united health care insurance or blue cross blue shield...it is their means of being paid.

(We can not have our government setting us up, to not be able to buy or sell, without a number, an id number emblazoned in our forehead....or card held in our right hand....that begins with 666 and this is what this would lead to....)

And setting prophesy aside, this is not what we want regardless...for God's sake, we are suppose to live in a free country and to make our businesses be the workers of the gvt to ID us all for citizenship is NOT the way to go, which is where this will lead.

Our government, ensures that Medicaid recipients are usa citizens since a law passed in 2006 it has been MANDATORY for the gvt to check....they can do something similar with affordability credits without having to put the burden and this expense of time, which is money, on to the businesses selling a product that is made mandatory by the government for the citizen to have...

As far as Medicade--the problem currently is with the States. It's the individual states that regulate Medicade payments to recipients.

For instance--my daughter is a nurse practitioner working in a local hospital. Her patients are infants. And the majority of instances she is talking to mothers of these babies that speak no English what-so-ever--that have gotten through the system & are more than likely illegals.

This is a huge problem in this country. Again--it shows how ineffective our government is at controlling the illegal problem. California is literally bankrupt over it.

There has got to be some way to determine who is citizen & who is not. There has got to be a program to determine citizenship.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1515302 said:

Care

OK, do you agree that government should check everyone for eligibility?

Forum List

Back