Did Obama Arm Islamic State Killers?

but is he taking apart the policy in general or attacking obama?
Ceasing the arming of terrorists and changing seriously FAILED Rules of Engagement are changes to failed policy / leadership, not an attack on the failure who imposed those policies.
again - if we're talking strictly arming terrorists, almost every president i can think of has armed them. at the time *maybe* they were on *our* side but we never seem to learn they are not on our side, only using us like we're using them.

i'm not talking specifically obama. i'm talking historically what we have done with weapons left after a war. arming terrorists is a totally different topic i'm not going to get into cause again - i think all have done it sooner or later regardless of what the intent was at the time.

Were we not discussing why arms were left behind?
Arms were not 'left behind' in Benghazi / Libya - they were being 'run' to terrorists through the CIA.
Arms were not 'left behind' in SYRIA.
Arms were not 'Left Behind' in Mexico - they were DELIVERED by the Obama administration. Obama signed off on that....

Nice Try...fail.
nope.

2 different topics you're mixing up for whatever reason you need to.

what i don't know is how often we do this overall. do we normally leave billions in equipment behind or was this sorta new?

Viet Nam invaded Cambodia with what we left behind. The French built an entire trucking industry on the thousands of trucks we left behind after WW I, and of course we left behind literally trillions in today's dollars all over Europe after WW II, and are still 'leaving stuff' behind there to this day. Not much point in the expense of bringing it all home after shipping it over in the first place.

As for whether or not the results are good or bad, that is hard to make claims on, since in most cases re foreign policy all the outcomes are going to be bad; it's a matter of determining the least bad option. The option Bush I chose was the best, and the option Bush II chose to finish off Saddam was the best, too; it's how the aftermath was handled that is in doubt. I personally seriously doubt anyone can turn Islamic countries into liberal democracies, and expecting to is certainly clueless, but in the end it's the denizens of the ME that make the place a shithole full of dead bodies, not the Bushes, not the Israelis, not anybody else but themselves, and Obama did indeed do his level best to keep the body counts high, on purpose, and that wasn't even close to his best options, he was just a piece of shit who wanted to do as much harm as he could inflict, unlike either of the Bushes.

So yes, it is indeed fine to bash Obama, even when you don't like the piece of shit or not. The piece of shit was corrupt and completely incompetent, and a traitor to his own country, as is the leadership of the Democratic Party and most of its core base of scumbag voters.
great - but not because he left military hardware behind as that sounds like standard practice.

Except we had no legal reason to hold them. They hadn't committed any crime against Americans and we weren't legally at war with Afghanistan at that point.

WTF?

WE WERE FIGHTING A WAR IN AFGHANISTAN AGAINST THE TALIBAN. (There was never a declared end to the war against the Taliban!)

OBAMA RELEASED ENEMY COMMANDERS IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP A CAMPAIGN PROMISE TO CLOSE GITMO.

`
"Exclusive: A new study shows that U.S. government weapons ended up in the hands of Islamic State jihadists, but no one in Washington seems interested in how they got there or what President Obama knew, writes Daniel Lazare.

Did Barack Obama arm ISIS? The question strikes many people as absurd, if not offensive. How can anyone suggest something so awful about a nice guy like the former president? But a stunning report by an investigative group known as Conflict Armament Research (CAR) leaves us little choice but to conclude that he did.

CAR, based in London and funded by Switzerland and the European Union, spent three years tracing the origin of some 40,000 pieces of captured ISIS arms and ammunition. Its findings, made public last week, are that much of it originated in former Warsaw Pact nations in Eastern Europe, where it was purchased by United States and Saudi Arabia and then diverted, in violation of various rules and treaties, to Islamist rebels seeking to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The rebels, in turn, somehow caused or allowed the equipment to be passed on to Islamic State, which is also known by the acronyms ISIS or ISIL, or just the abbreviation IS.

This is damning stuff since it makes it clear that rather than fighting ISIS, the U.S. government was feeding it" - Source

`
`

This is a lengthy article. Combined with the Conflict Armament Research (CAR) report, it points out that the Obama administration did indeed, arm the ISIS, through various and surreptitious means. They make a strong case. It's something I've suspected since he deliberately got us involved in Syria, from the start.
`
Most of the weapons used by the Viet Cong were American made. You`ve found a nothing burger.

Under the Obama administration, the US government supplied ISIS with weapons. In a sane nation, this would be fully exposed and those responsible prosecuted.

Oh well...the empire pretty much does whatever it wants. Most Americans are clueless to the danger.

The push from Israel and SA didn't help. Syria was on Israel's lookout for a long time. Now we have Kurdistan in Syria, which takes land from Syria, Turkey, Iran and Iraq. the Kurds are buds with the Israelites. All planned out before Obama.
One would think after all the failures resulting from American interventions in the ME, it would stop.

Why did Obama and Hillary pursue the removal of Assad, when past experience shows this doesn't work.

American foreign policy appears to be doing the same thing expecting a different result.

To answer your question why would the U.S. want Assad out of power has to do with the pipeline between Iraq and Syria.

Let no kid ourselves oil makes nations do stupid things.

As the war on Whites gets ramped up ; what's the big deal? Obongo was the main perp of White geNOcide.

there is a very large "flea market" in jersey where one can buy ANYTHING

Forum List

Back