Did Morality Exist Before The Christian Religion?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Did morality exist before the Christian religion---did the difference between right and wrong exist before the Bible?

If yes, how does this square with the idea that America is a Christian nation, founded upon Christianity?

and then there is this idea...

Did democracy exist before the United States of America?

If yes, what examples of democracy was American democracy based on? What were these democracies founded upon if they were founded pre-Christianity?

"It is not the Founding Fathers who established America as a Christian nation, but the conservatives of the 1950s – nearly two centuries after the fact." -National Prayer Day: The Myth of a Christian America

"The founding fathers did not intend this to be a Christian nation."

Last edited:
Did stupidity exist before Dante? It is a question that has perplexed social scientists for minutes. Personally, I believe it did, but it has increased substantially. Are the two connected? Probably. More research is required.

Did stupidity exist before Dante? It is a question that has perplexed social scientists for minutes. Personally, I believe it did, but it has increased substantially. Are the two connected? Probably. More research is required.

You poor child. Still suffering from hysterics? Try getting a lobotomy.

The laughter is not hysterics, it is from sniggering at your whining.... and the reps I get for pissing you off. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You poor child. Still suffering from hysterics? Try getting a lobotomy.

The laughter is not hysterics, it is from sniggering at your whining.... and the reps I get for pissing you off. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

delusion = thinking I get pissed off at a nuisance. :cuckoo:

The effort toward morality, a just relationship with our fellow man, has been an ongoing project since we first stood upright. When Christianity is just another memory, like the some of the old Greek religions, we will still be wrestling with what is the most just manner in which to live with each other.

As our power over nature, and our numbers increasing change nature, that process now includes how we are affecting our planet and the totallity of the ecological system that we depend on for our lives. this development is one of the reasons that past religions have little guidence on what we need to develop at this time. An agrian people in a sparsely inhabitated area were scarcely able to concieve of the challenges facing us today.

Why is it the right on here can never just enjoy an intellectual conversation?

Why is it only insults for anything said by a non con?

Did morality exist before Christianity? Yes, it was reflected in the religion of the Hebrews.

Did democracy exist before America? Yes, our system is based on the one laid out by the Greeks.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Morality always exists even hitler had morals. They sucked but he had em.

Right and wrong that is all subjective.
And impacted a lot by economics and society.

The effort toward morality, a just relationship with our fellow man, has been an ongoing project since we first stood upright. When Christianity is just another memory, like the some of the old Greek religions, we will still be wrestling with what is the most just manner in which to live with each other.

As our power over nature, and our numbers increasing change nature, that process now includes how we are affecting our planet and the totallity of the ecological system that we depend on for our lives. this development is one of the reasons that past religions have little guidence on what we need to develop at this time. An agrian people in a sparsely inhabitated area were scarcely able to concieve of the challenges facing us today.

well said. :clap2:

Did a REPUBLIC exist before the US? NOT a democracy? Yes. The Romans.

Did morality exist, religiously speaking? Yes, in Judaism, the world's oldest organized religion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back