Did Media Require John Lewis to Prove Racism?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If John Lewis said he was called the 'n-word,' well, it must be so...

Or should one ask for proof?

Breitbart offered Ten Thousand Dollars if a lie detector test verified the claim...but the story died.

Why? Well, why should a noted Congressman be forced to respond to such a demand...right?

Wrong: John Lewis demanded that Julian Bond be drug tested when he ran against him...

1. During the battle for congress, between John Lewis and Julian Bond, Lewis challenged Bond to take a drug test on the spot: “We can go outside go to the men’s room and take a test right now.” Jet - Google Books

2. Bond was elected to the Georgia Senate in 1974. He would retire from that body in order to run for Congress in 1986, an election he lost to another black politician and civil rights activist, John Lewis. Lewis accused Bond of drug addiction (an allegation the latter sidestepped) and demanded that Bond take a drug test. http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=642

3. Andrew Breitbart, on his Big Government web site, is offering $10,000 for proof that U.S. Rep. John Lewis was assaulted with the n-word last Saturday in the run-up to the vote on health care.

Here’s the Insider post that ran. This from a Detroit news outlet:

Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind., told a reporter that as he left the Cannon House Office Building with Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., a leader of the civil rights era, some among the crowd chanted “the N-word, the N-word, 15 times.” Both Carson and Lewis are black, and Lewis spokeswoman Brenda Jones also said that it occurred.

“It was like going into the time machine with John Lewis,” said Carson, a large former police officer who said he wasn’t frightened but worried about the 70-year-old Lewis, who is twice his age. “He said it reminded him of another time.”

4. Brieitbart: “ It’s time for the allegedly pristine character of Rep. John Lewis to put up or shut up. Therefore, I am offering $10,000 of my own money to provide hard evidence that the N- word was hurled at him not 15 times, as his colleague reported, but just once. Surely one of those two cameras wielded by members of his entourage will prove his point…..
Rep. Lewis, if you can’t do that, I’ll give him a backup plan: a lie detector test. If you provide verifiable video evidence showing that a single racist epithet was hurled as you walked among the tea partiers, or you pass a simple lie detector test, I will provide a $10K check to the United Negro College Fund.”
Breitbart offers $10k reward for proof that n-word was hurled at John Lewis | Political Insider

Isn't it time for the Democrat Party to drop the 'racism' charge from its bag of tricks?

Forum List

Back