Did man create God

cad

Jul 28, 2010
"And man has actually invented God. And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man. So holy it is, so touching, so wise and so great a credit it does to man. As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created God or God man." Dostoevsky

I don't know if man created God, but if he did, it was a pretty cool invention.;)

"And man has actually invented God. And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man. So holy it is, so touching, so wise and so great a credit it does to man. As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created God or God man." Dostoevsky

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And that was written by man.

Mankind has created many gods over the years.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Did man create God? No.

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

The human mind and human reasoning ability is so incredibly limited I really struggle to see how their could not be a God.

The human mind and human reasoning ability is so incredibly limited I really struggle to see how their could not be a God.

how does man's inability to reason lead you to believe in the inevitability of god?

Did man create God? No.

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

Maybe, to maintain control over large masses of people. Maybe, so that man does not feel so small and alone in the universe. Maybe, as a joke... "Who's the more foolish the fool, or the fool that follows him?"

how does man's inability to reason lead you to believe in the inevitability of god?

It's not just that but that does play into it. I don't think believing in God should be based on reason. It is entirely based on faith. It did not lead me to inevitability of God.

If a humans viewpoint of God is based entirely on reason than God is nothing more than a something in a human logic box, which is very small and powerless.

Nope. God created man in His image.

Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasars, Render unto God that which is God's.

Out of what exactly? So this "god" is the size of a man? Why would a "god" that lives in outer space or some other demension need to look like or resemble a "man" in any way? So this "god" has a machine that can transport and focus atomic particles and assemble individual atoms into trillions of spiral helixes and into individually specific cellular assemblies all at the same time as to sustain life?

In nature replication of any type of life is procreation. So how with trillions of examples of replication did this "god" leave out all those "godlike" qualities and just assemble this bogus replica no more godlike than a bobble head doll?

Last edited:

Did man create God? No.

It was done in an attempt to expalin the unexplainable, to not end when one dies, to feel that there is control in the universe not just randomness.

Out of what exactly? So this "god" is the size of a man? Why would a "god" that lives in outer space or some other demension need to look like or resemble a "man" in any way? So this "god" has a machine that can transport and focus atomic particles and assemble individual atoms into trillions of spiral helixes and into individually specific cellular assemblies all at the same time as to sustain life?

In nature replication of any type of life is procreation. So how with trillions of examples of replication did this "god" leave out all those "godlike" qualities and just assemble this bogus replica no more godlike than a bobble head doll?

Who said He left out the godlike qualities?

It was done in an attempt to expalin the unexplainable, to not end when one dies, to feel that there is control in the universe not just randomness.

That's one theory. The other is that God actually exists and He reveals Himself to His children.

There is nothing that is unexplainable.

That's one theory. The other is that God actually exists and He reveals Himself to His children.

There is nothing that is unexplainable.

Of course there is nothing that is unexplainable given the knowledge to understand it. Which in many cases we do not have.

Can't miss a chance to post this!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHlsI5jQHJE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHlsI5jQHJE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Forum List

Back