Did Libya recently fall off the map?

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Is there some sort of political blackout on this topic?

I mean....it seems there are more leading stories about sleepy air traffic controllers than the third new war in the middle east...

Same thing goes for the price of gas.....

If you foloks would watch real news... Sheesh.
I see something about Libya every evening on the news.

In the most liberal of places PBS and BBC.

I find it funny we DON'T see all these ANTI-WAR protesters.

why do you think that is folks?

this is OBAMA'S WAR

Besides the fact that it isn't going well (Quadafy is still in power) most in the press don't like to report that we're helping Al Qaida over there.

How often (do) we hear about Iraq?
When the war started until operations ceased we heard about it EVERY NIGHT along with a running tally on the number of American deaths.

How come you guys aren't fighting to see the caskets this time around?

When the war started until operations ceased we heard about it EVERY NIGHT along with a running tally on the number of American deaths.

We still have how many troops there?

And how successful were we in creating a democracy, etc?
And also how much are we getting for the billions we spend there monthly?

Last edited:
I find it funny we DON'T see all these ANTI-WAR protesters.

why do you think that is folks?

this is OBAMA'S WAR

I thought it is NATO's war?

But yes I was totally against us having any involvment in Lilbya.

NATO (to which we belong) is doing such a bang-up job....

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- The nightmare in Libya's war-torn city of Misrata intensified Monday amid more shelling on the city and desperate measures to get medical care, an opposition spokesman said.
"(With) all of this happening, we haven't seen NATO," Mohammed said, referring to the alliance that has led airstrikes against Libyan ruler Moammar Gadhafi's military resources. "There have been no strike for four days in Misrata."

Misrata isn't the only city deluged by violence.

On Sunday, forces loyal to Gadhafi bombed the city of Ajdabiya from 40-50 kilometers (25-31 miles) away, Libyan rebel spokesman Shamsiddin Abdulmolah told CNN. The loyalists who were bombing the city "have no problem with the weather conditions there," referring to unconfirmed reports that NATO airstrikes were halted in the area due to weather conditions.

Gadhafi's forces were using missiles and mortars, "and sometimes we feel that NATO wants to use any excuse out there so they don't carry out their duties," Abdulmolah said.

"We can't understand (NATO's) excuses. We want to save our population from being murdered by (Gadhafi's) merciless death squads," he added.

Spokesman: Horror in Misrata grows with fresh shelling, little aid - CNN.com

Last edited:
My guess is we're numb to it.

"Tonight on the news, we're reporting Charlie Sheen was caught with cocaine."

"Tonight on the news, a politician cheated on his wife."

"Tonight on the news, the US has decided to warmonger in another arab country."

They gotta report new stuff that might keep the viewers eyes attached for 5 minutes, raining cruise missiles on muslims heads is no longer interesting. "Mission Accomplished" as our government would say.

We still have how many troops there?

And how successful were we in creating a democracy, etc?
And also how much are we getting for the billions we spend there monthly?
At least 200 of them were pre-positioned off of Greece back in December of last year. Plus some 1600 Marines from Camp Lejeune are getting ready for the ground invasion. (Yes, it's coming)

You wanna' know what were "getting" for all this? Ask the Commander in Chief, Barack Hussein Obama. He's got everything figgered out. But just remember, Obama doesn't believe in "Victory".

Glad to see your so well informed and "care" about the troops. :rolleyes:

The lack of interest is because Libya is not a real war, it's just a kinetic military action.

Forum List

Back