Did Liberalism Cause Virginia Tech Shootings?

and I thought libs were the party of acceptance of other viewes and opinions

I dunno, I can only speak for myself but for me this is how it works.

I'll respect anyone's right to express an opinion. I'll also express my own - I am a noted opinionist in what some call the "real" world, the forums are merely an extension of dialogue for me (where I learn a lot about other people's arguments and about my own).

I don't like to feel that I have to conform to a political label, any label for that matter. I've been there in a reasonably high level membership of a political party and got out because I thought outside the party line.

If I think someone is wrong then I'll say so. I'll do it in as civil a manner as I can but if I get crap thrown at me I'll return it with interest. I don't seek or enjoy confrontation but I won't back down and since I won't back down in real life I won't back down here.

But I will admit to being wr....wr....wrooo...wrooooo....in error. I like to try and keep debates not just civil but also human and perhaps with some humour thrown in. Sometime it works, sometimes I fall on my arse and look like a bit of a dill because the other party has either ignored my attempt at being civil and reasonable or has mistaken it for weakness. I then let rip. And I'm sorry but I can be savage if I put my mind to it. Limbaugh has repeatedly asked me to write his scripts but he can't stump enough money so he has to get by without me. Poor bastard :D

Tolerance means putting up with you, not saying we love you :D

:eusa_eh: Tolerance means never having to say "I'm sorry"... (lol)...okay, I've been working a lot the last couple of days, so just logged on since Wednesday...don't castigate me for this response, please!!!...

You've got fifteen minutes to get sorted :badgrin:

:eusa_eh: Okay...I'm sorted now, sort of... except that in NJ..."they" insist on having one's car photo inspected and state inspected...blah, blah, blah...I've lived in four states, and never had to jump thru hoops like NJ makes one jump thru (all because they screwed up, apparently on 9/11/01)...have seen some interesting stories on the news that I may make a post about later on a different thread...) Have a nice day...guess it's late afternoon there in Blokeland...bye now!!

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store -

not a government agency

:razz: Well, in NC...you can purchase all but weapons in a convenience store...here in NJ...they have separate stores for everything. But, I see your point. I'm starting to think that I need to purchase more weapons. Maybe an AK47...nothing like defending oneself, huh!!! (unfortunately, at some point, against our own government...don't think that's what the framers of the constitution had in mind...rather quite the opposite)... Yeah, baby!!!!!! Why does the government feel the need to constantly interfere with our lives??...I don't get that, and don't especially like it!! It's kind of scary....

The government should be out of our lives as much as humanly possible. Their only job is to protect us from threats both foreign and domestic. And protect the environment. But not to abuse their power.

:razz: Well, in NC...you can purchase all but weapons in a convenience store...here in NJ...they have separate stores for everything. But, I see your point. I'm starting to think that I need to purchase more weapons. Maybe an AK47...nothing like defending oneself, huh!!! (unfortunately, at some point, against our own government...don't think that's what the framers of the constitution had in mind...rather quite the opposite)... Yeah, baby!!!!!! Why does the government feel the need to constantly interfere with our lives??...I don't get that, and don't especially like it!! It's kind of scary....

An AK47 is a stamped-metal bullet-thrower, and NOT a good defense weapon. A double barrelled 12 guage shotgun loaded with double ought buck is the best, but not very maneuverable in a house, and doesn't fit under the pillow very well.

An AK47 is a stamped-metal bullet-thrower, and NOT a good defense weapon. A double barrelled 12 guage shotgun loaded with double ought buck is the best, but not very maneuverable in a house, and doesn't fit under the pillow very well.

How about a standard 9mm? I don't know...with all the armour peircing kind of bullets available...do you think that would work for regular home protection? I mean, I live in a decent, neighborhood, but, there is still quite the crime rate here in lovely Trenton...Thanks for any expertise that may be available!!

How about a standard 9mm? I don't know...with all the armour peircing kind of bullets available...do you think that would work for regular home protection? I mean, I live in a decent, neighborhood, but, there is still quite the crime rate here in lovely Trenton...Thanks for any expertise that may be available!!

It is against the law for civilians to posess armor-piecing ammunition. Armor-piecing rounds are only the best ammo for piercing armor. A jacketed hollowpoint would be an optimal self defense round as it mushrooms on impact, and the mushrooming causes more damage and is less likely to overpenetrate. Remember, you want to kill the bad guy, not the guy behind him or your next door neighbor. Armor-piercing rounds ina neigborhood environment would more than like do just that.

A 9mm jacketed hollowpoint would be a good self-defense round, bearing in mind that you need to ensure you fire the ammo at the range that you wish to carry/keep in your handgun to ensure funtionability. Some hollowpoints are prone to not feeding/extracting properly, depending on the tolerances of the weapon.

It is against the law for civilians to posess armor-piecing ammunition. Armor-piecing rounds are only the best ammo for piercing armor. A jacketed hollowpoint would be an optimal self defense round as it mushrooms on impact, and the mushrooming causes more damage and is less likely to overpenetrate. Remember, you want to kill the bad guy, not the guy behind him or your next door neighbor. Armor-piercing rounds ina neigborhood environment would more than like do just that.

A 9mm jacketed hollowpoint would be a good self-defense round, bearing in mind that you need to ensure you fire the ammo at the range that you wish to carry/keep in your handgun to ensure funtionability. Some hollowpoints are prone to not feeding/extracting properly, depending on the tolerances of the weapon.

Most likely, us "law abiding" civilians do not possess these type of bullets...but the criminal element does. No...I totally don't want to blow away my neighbors...they are quite nice (hahaha). The reason I'm asking about all of this is because I'm going shopping next week and wanted to know what the best gun/ammo was to buy. Thanks for your help...much appreciated GunnyL!!

The government should be out of our lives as much as humanly possible. Their only job is to protect us from threats both foreign and domestic. And protect the environment. But not to abuse their power.

I totally agree with that... I don't like the whole "Give up your freedom for protection" post 9/11 mentality. You wouldn't believe what I had to go thru to get a driver's license and register my car here in NJ from out of state (bear in mind that I had a valid license and registration, so obviously I had the required credentials in NC...) It's not like I moved here from another country, or didn't have a license in the first place...whatever...wish the govt would stick to arguing and tearing one another down...that's what they seem to do best. (btw...I'm not anti-govt...I just happen to have enough common sense to run my own affairs!!)

Most likely, us "law abiding" civilians do not possess these type of bullets...but the criminal element does. No...I totally don't want to blow away my neighbors...they are quite nice (hahaha). The reason I'm asking about all of this is because I'm going shopping next week and wanted to know what the best gun/ammo was to buy. Thanks for your help...much appreciated GunnyL!!

It's the reason cops don't use military ammunition. The bullet needs to stay in the person being shot so that it causes maximum shock to the central nervous system, hopefully this will stop the person immediately and bring them down. Most police and armed offender contacts are at very close range so it's imperative that the offender is dropped as quickly as possible. Having a bullet that entered and then exited cleanly and quickly obviously defeats that purpose.

And as Gunny has pointed out, if the bullet exited and ricocheted then innocent persons could be hurt or killed.

Forum List

Back