Did Kavanaughs mother presided over his accusers families foreclosure case?

The Hannities, Carlson’s and right wingnut media are all “reporting” that Judge Kavanaughs mother presided over his accusers families foreclosure case in the 90’s and they are trying to use this as a way to discredit her story. However, I just heard this nugget on Fox News (see video) where the host tries and bring up that point but is stopped by her producer and told his mother did not rule on that case.

So one of the reports appears to be false... what do y’all think?

Mm, to bad. The bitch will still watch Kavanaugh be seated while she fades back to not mattering again.

Thanks for sharing

The Hannities, Carlson’s and right wingnut media are all “reporting” that Judge Kavanaughs mother presided over his accusers families foreclosure case in the 90’s and they are trying to use this as a way to discredit her story. However, I just heard this nugget on Fox News (see video) where the host tries and bring up that point but is stopped by her producer and told his mother did not rule on that case.

If there is a paper trail showing that she sought counseling after the alleged event, then it should be taken seriously, weighed and considered. I have a daughter and she is a very beautiful girl....got her mom's looks and I would ( and with great gusto) teach a life's lesson to any male ( young or old) that attempted to intimidate her into showing her bosoms or being "felt up" lest she suffer physical harm. I would cut his nuts off and stuff them down his throat. I would do any jail time with the satisfaction of knowing no other girl wouldnt have to worry about that creep
It seems to me that Kavanaugh had a HUGE problem.

Kavanaugh wasn't in therapy, his accuser was. :eusa_think: His accuser's students thought she was whacko. :eusa_think:
If she was nearly gang raped in high school it wouldn’t be very surprising for her to be in therapy. However the therapy we are talking about here was marriage counseling which she attended with her husband in 2012. That’s where the incident was discussed and the notes released to show this wasn’t a just made up story to block a Supreme Court nomination.
Therapy 30 years after the fact proves the incident occurred? Only a snowflake moron would find such evidence convincing.

CLAIM
In a 1996 foreclosure case, Judge Martha Kavanaugh ruled against Ralph and Paula Blasey, thus providing motive for revenge for their daughter Christine against Judge Kavanaugh's son Brett, a Supreme Court nominee in 2018.

RATING
False
ORIGIN
Christine Blasey Ford, a psychology professor who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of having sexually assaulted her while both were high school students, faced a backlash from some supporters of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals judge, whom President Donald Trump nominated for appointment to the court in July 2018.

One theory alleged that Blasey Ford, in making the allegations against Kavanaugh, was motivated by an inter-generational desire for revenge, centering on a 22-year-old civil case heard in Montgomery County, Maryland. For example, the right-wing Pacific Pundit website wrote:

Martha G. Kavanaugh, the mother of Brett Kavanaugh was a Maryland district judge in 1996. In an amazing coincidence, Martha Kavanaugh was the judge in a foreclosure case in which Christine Blasey-Ford’s parents were the defendants. Now it all becomes clear. Blasey-Ford is going after Brett Kavanaugh, not because of what he did in high school. Instead, Christine Blasey-Ford is going after Brett Kavanaugh out of spite and revenge for a case rulled [sic] on by Brett Kavanaugh [sic] mother. Martha Kavanaugh, Brett’s mother was Montgomery County Circuit Court judge from 1993 until she retired in 2001. During a 1996 foreclosure case, Martha Kavanaugh ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey-Ford in a foreclosure case…Isn’t it kind of amazing that all the media reports today didn’t mention this little conflict of interest for Blasey-Ford?

In a similar vein, the right-wing Powerline web site wrote:

It looks like Brett Kavanaugh’s mother, Judge Martha Kavanaugh, ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accuses Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Court documents show the losing party in a foreclosure case Martha Kavanaugh heard to be Ralph and Paula Blasey of Potomac, Maryland. They appear to be Christine Blasey Ford’s parents.

The fact that Kavanaugh’s mother ruled against Ford’s parents doesn’t prove Ford is lying about the conduct of the son. Her allegation, coming so many years after the fact and without a description of when or where the event supposedly occurred, is probably not susceptible to being ruled out conclusively. But there now seems to be a motive, beyond partisan politics, for Ford to make up or significantly embellish her story so long after the “fact.”

These accounts got only the background facts right while wildly misrepresenting the key details and amounting to a gross misrepresentation of what actually took place.

Martha Kavanaugh did preside for certain parts of a 1996 foreclosure case involving Ralph and Paula Blasey, who are indeed Christine Blasey Ford’s parents. However, Kavanaugh actually ruled favorably toward the Blaseys, who ended up keeping their home. These two facts cause the logic of the conspiracy theory, such as it ever was, to collapse.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/brett-kavanaugh-foreclosure-accuser-parents/

Lol, in three days! You people are pittyful.
We are pitiful?? For simply searching out the truth??

What do you call yourselves?

STOP throwing so many lies in to the ring, and we would not have to work so hard...

If there is a paper trail showing that she sought counseling after the alleged event, then it should be taken seriously, weighed and considered. I have a daughter and she is a very beautiful girl....got her mom's looks and I would ( and with great gusto) teach a life's lesson to any male ( young or old) that attempted to intimidate her into showing her bosoms or being "felt up" lest she suffer physical harm. I would cut his nuts off and stuff them down his throat. I would do any jail time with the satisfaction of knowing no other girl wouldnt have to worry about that creep
It seems to me that Kavanaugh had a HUGE problem.

Amen, for the life of me I can’t understand people who sexually abuse women or those who try and make excuses for those who have. I’m not saying that Kavanaugh is guilty. He has seemed like a pretty respectable guy until this accusation. But there is enough there to take this thing seriously and hear both sides. Those who jump straight to degrading the woman and calling her a liar before hearing things out are sick. They would do good to think of it as their daughter or loved one and not just a political opponent.

Kavanaugh wasn't in therapy, his accuser was. :eusa_think: His accuser's students thought she was whacko. :eusa_think:
If she was nearly gang raped in high school it wouldn’t be very surprising for her to be in therapy. However the therapy we are talking about here was marriage counseling which she attended with her husband in 2012. That’s where the incident was discussed and the notes released to show this wasn’t a just made up story to block a Supreme Court nomination.
Therapy 30 years after the fact proves the incident occurred? Only a snowflake moron would find such evidence convincing.
Come on, turn that brain on I know you can get this... the fact that she spoke about this in therapy years ago shows that the story wasn’t made up to block his Supreme Court nomination. One step at a time, stop with the petty spin.

they need to have the FBI Investigate, the agency that has experience in investigations, gather what facts they can.... give them to the Judicial committee,

THEN if there is something, go before congress under oath.

Without the investigation by the FBI which has been protocol for Senators on the Jud. Committee for things like this,

is going to be nothing but a dog and pony show, purposely mean to divide us!

That's just plain wrong....

Another piece of the puzzle comes clear - already reported in another thread.

Forum List

Back