Did John Kerry commit treason in 1970?

Sailor Man

Staunch Independent
FACT: John Kerry went to Paris in 1970 and met with North Vietnamese diplomats to discuss their peace plans. This was at a time when the U.S. was still at war with NV and we had POWs in NV prison camps. Here is a quote of his after the meetings:

"I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam [Hanoi] and the Provisional Revolutionary Government [Viet Cong]"

FACT: John Kerry was in the Naval Reserves at the time and was not, in any way, authorized to negotiate with the enemy. And he was not authorized to speak for or to act in behalf of the U.S. government.

FACT: In 1971, John Kerry called a press conference in Washington and urged President Nixon to accept the seven-point surrender plan of Madame Nguyen Thi Binh, the foreign minister of the political wing of the Viet Cong.

My question is, do you believe that John Kerry's acknowledged meeting with the North Vietnamese in 1970 in Paris should be considered as treason? If you believe that he committed treason, please explain why. If you don't believe that he committed treason, please explain why.

I think the sum of the parts of his escapades after his 4 months in Vietnam could be, if carefully mounted a good case for treason. But i hardly see the point now. They should have done it then. Now we're left with a half-wit candidate from a major politcal party thats actual competing against a strong incumbant. Sickening but thats the hand we're dealt with. We simply need to point out his inability to govern this nation during his 20 years in the senate. He's had more time to change this country than both Bush's combined and yet he's running on 4 months of Service in a war that he condemned. Make sense? Yea me neither.

Fact: 1970 was 34 years ago.

Fact: In 1970 George W. Bush was dodging the draft and snorting cocaine.

Fact: People change in 34 years.

Fact: I don't give a damn what these guys were doing in 1970 and neither should you.

acludem

Prove that George Bush dodged the draft. Prove that he snorted cocaine. And, if you were going to tell ANYBODY to STFU about what happened 34 years ago, you should have told John Kerry. It's too late now. He chose to run a presidential campaign on it (what an idiot), so it's fair game.

acludem said:

Fact: I don't give a damn what these guys were doing in 1970 and neither should you.

acludem

well 3 out of 4 arent bad.

Quite frankly i wouldnt care what John Kerry did 34 years ago. except he ran on his military record and meeting with the enemy during war time is a serious crime.

People do change over 34 years. problem is i dont see any evidence for that change in John Kerry. He seems like the same exact person he was back then.

Kerry wanted to run on Vietnam. Now he has a problem when its screwing him. He cant run on his Senate record or he would be. John Kerry quite frankly isnt qualified to wash my car let alone be President.

As for President Bush, we've already gone over his record 9 times this election cycle. He more than qualified for his six years in the guard. heck he completed enough points for six years in the first two. Even if he didnt, the most you could claim is that he went AWOL. Im going to guess you arent very well informed on the matter since you are claiming he dodged the draft. Kinda hard to dodge the draft serving in the military.

As for doing Cocaine. No evidence has ever been provided for that. Besides wasnt it Gore who was the one being accused of doing Cocaine back in 2000? I would think Bush would have been mentioned doing it back then if there was any truth to it. All i ever heard were accusations that he was a drunk.

Seriously though if you want to yell at someone for bringing up things 30+ years in the past call your party.

34 years ago, Kerry protested the war in Vietnam and called our troops marauders the likes of Ghengis Khan. Now he's protesting the war in Iraq. If he gets elected, do you suppose he'll call all of our troops war criminals and turn them over for trial? Maybe he'll also make reparations to the Taliban and Saddam Hussein.

acludem said:

acludem

Bullshit.

Benedict Arnold turned traitor in 1781 - 223 years ago. He remains a traitor today.

Jane Fonda turned traitor in 1972. She remains a traitor today.

Alger Hiss.
Aldrich Ames.
Aaron Burr.
Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.

There are others, of course. All these were traitors then and even though many are dead, they remain traitors today.

You can be a criminal and go straight.

You can be an alcoholic and dry out.

You can be a drug addict and kick the habit.

You can be a heathen and find religion.

All types of human behavior can be reformed. But once you're a traitor, nothing ever changes that.

Some stains do not wash out.

Merlin1047 said:
Bullshit.

Benedict Arnold turned traitor in 1781 - 223 years ago. He remains a traitor today.

Jane Fonda turned traitor in 1972. She remains a traitor today.

Alger Hiss.
Aldrich Ames.
Aaron Burr.
Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.

There are others, of course. All these were traitors then and even though many are dead, they remain traitors today.

You can be a criminal and go straight.

You can be an alcoholic and dry out.

You can be a drug addict and kick the habit.

You can be a heathen and find religion.

All types of human behavior can be reformed. But once you're a traitor, nothing ever changes that.

Some stains do not wash out.

There you go again painting things in black and white! Kerry has obviously changed since the 70's as evidenced by his Senatorial record. There, we can see that he has changed at least 50 or 60 times! Not only that, just listen to him in his speeches; not once has he accused the US soldier of committing atrocities in Iraq! you have to wait until AFTER the election for that.

acludem said:

acludem

hurm.....

acludem said:
The standard is still innocent until proven guilty.

Let's wait to pass judgement until these kids have had their day in court.

If they are guilty, let the proper sentence be handed down. If not, not.

acludem

Did John Kerry register unbeknownst?

acludem said:

acludem

I see you have been reading Kitty Kelly............Maybe literature with a little more substance might go a long way on your path to enlightenment........... :cof:

insein said:
I think the sum of the parts of his escapades after his 4 months in Vietnam could be, if carefully mounted a good case for treason. But i hardly see the point now. They should have done it then. Now we're left with a half-wit candidate from a major politcal party thats actual competing against a strong incumbant. Sickening but thats the hand we're dealt with. We simply need to point out his inability to govern this nation during his 20 years in the senate. He's had more time to change this country than both Bush's combined and yet he's running on 4 months of Service in a war that he condemned. Make sense? Yea me neither.

Insein, excellent post with excellent points. You hit the ball out of the park with this one.

acludem said:
Brilliant! You must have a damn good calculator to have figured that out!

acludem said:
Nothing more than the typical Bush-hater's lies. Put your money where your big mouth is and provide some undeniable proof to back up your tired old allegations. If you provide Kitty Kelley as your source, then we'll all know your true mentality.

acludem said:
WOW, another brilliant statement! Sorry, but you can't change treason. Once you commit it, you can never, I repeat NEVER, wipe the slate clean. Kerry is in the same league as "Hanoi" Jane Fonda who spent 2 weeks partying hardy with her beloved Viet Cong comrades back in July of 1972 while our POWs were being tortured and killed. As a wise man once said, "Birds of a feather flock together".

acludem said:
Fact: I don't give a damn what these guys were doing in 1970 and neither should you.acludem
Komrade Kerry's past actions are a good indication of what kind of man he is today. What he did 34 years ago is totally relevant today because he still believes what he did back then was OK.

insein said:

Makes sense to the "support the troops but not the war" folks. They are just dying to have another "Kerry" to return from the WOT and rant about how cruel and illegal it is. Sorry losers--our troops are up for this fight !!

Forum List

Back