Did Jesus Say All Rich People Go To Hell

In biblical times, having wealth was seen as being blessed by God. Therefore, one cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven without God's grace. Wealth though, can distract from one's core purpose.... so the wealthy must be wary that they do not make assumptions that they are automatically blessed by God.... but, no, he was not saying no rich folks go to heaven.

There is a school of thought that says the word 'camel' should be 'cable' (or a thick rope).
:eek: You mean there might be translation mistakes in the bible???

Tons. In this case, the difference between the word "Rope" and "Camel" was just a simple dot above a letter in rope. Now suppose there was a bug on a heavy scroll as it was being rolled up. Suppose it got squished just in the right place and looked like a dot above rope...

All of the variety of translations of Bibical versus by human beings is the driving force that led me to be agnostic.

:eek: You mean there might be translation mistakes in the bible???

Tons. In this case, the difference between the word "Rope" and "Camel" was just a simple dot above a letter in rope. Now suppose there was a bug on a heavy scroll as it was being rolled up. Suppose it got squished just in the right place and looked like a dot above rope...

All of the variety of translations of Bibical versus by human beings is the driving force that led me to be agnostic.

There is both a Light and a Dark side to Human Nature. It doesn't much matter where we play.
There are boundaries, and they do get crossed. Still, we are social creatures, aren't we, and tougher skinned than some give credit for.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

So ain't no rich folk in heaven?

First you need to learn what the needle is to answer your question. It was a structure to test camels. Jesus just implied it is rough for a rich man to go to the kingdom because rich people can be distracted by their wealth.

Everyone who dies go to hell because it is merely the grave.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

So ain't no rich folk in heaven?

When i saw the title of this thread this verse came to mind

And he looked up and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more then they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all living that she had.

Forum List

Back