Did Jesus Know He was Starting a New Movement?

Christ chose twelve Apostles to found a Church, which was named after him "Christianity". It's really stupid to claim he didn't know what he was doing.

dunning effect, Taz, dunning effect.
It's you guys, I call you on something and you run away. Every. Fucking. Time.
You have a movie playing in your head where you are the writer, producer and narrator.
Watch this: dingbat, please explain "die to self" for me.
No. It would be a waste of time.
Then why say it if you won't explain it?
Because when it is important to you, you will go looking for it.

You will only learn it when you are ready to learn it and not one moment sooner.

If you showed any genuine interest I’m sure many would
You’re too stupid to explain it?
You have a movie playing in your head where you are the writer, producer and narrator.

It's the process of repenting and being Born again of the Spirit. We allow our old sinful life to die and we are remade in Christ. This isn't a one time occurrence but something that occurs over time as quickly as we repent.

This is necessary because we have been born into a Fallen life. Our natural tendencies need to be transformed from evil to become more Christ like.

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (Mosiah 3:19)

Christ can change us. He makes us new men. Men of honor and courage and integrity.

You will only learn it when you are ready to learn it and not one moment sooner.
Explain it, post a link, and if it's interesting, I'll continue reading about it. Thinking that I'm going to look up some nonsense you said just like that is unrealistic. And delusional.

Explain it, post a link, and if it's interesting, I'll continue reading about it. Thinking that I'm going to look up some nonsense you said just like that is unrealistic. And delusional.
You crack me up, sister.

You’re too stupid to explain it?

It's the process of repenting and being Born again of the Spirit. We allow our old sinful life to die and we are remade in Christ. This isn't a one time occurrence but something that occurs over time as quickly as we repent.

This is necessary because we have been born into a Fallen life. Our natural tendencies need to be transformed from evil to become more Christ like.

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (Mosiah 3:19)

Christ can change us. He makes us new men. Men of honor and courage and integrity.
Ok thanks, I get it now.

So it's honorable, ... to marry multiple teenage girls like Mormons were set up to do? Hmmm, not too sure about that.

And if god wants us a certain way, why didn't he make us that way? The whole story about the fall of man/Adam is simply to change us from the way god made us. Yes, if anything, we're supposed to be this way. Otherwise, evolution, another of god's makings, would have killed us off a long time ago.

You crack me up, sister.
It's ok, ava just explained it to me on the post right above. You're such a loser.

To die to yourself is to allow the holy spirit to move into those places that are filled with carnal/fleshly thoughts. Akin to knowing that you are irritating but not allowing you to be a thorn because one already knows that cannot help yourself; and knowing that in a chosen day those answers will come even though it sure doesn't look like it at times. It is looking beyond the mere mortal thoughts that humans naturally have been ingrained with from the time they entered into this world.
Thanks for the explanation. So god doesn't want me to think about sex? What's a fleshy thought? I'm a vegetarian.

So what day is chosen for everything to be answered? Any idea? When hell freezes over? :biggrin:

And looking beyond to what? Where?
Taz asks - So god doesn't want me to think about sex?
Sex is a portion of your biological makeup as a mammal. Its generally a normal thing for all animals. The question would be to yourself do you let sex rule over you, your thoughts and your decisions in life? Is sex more important to you than building a relationship with the holy spirit? If it is then you may have a problem.

Taz asks - What's a fleshy thought? I'm a vegetarian.
What you sustain your flesh with is worldly sustenance. The spirit is maintained with spiritual sustenance which for some could be a kind thoughts or acts, words or spiritual events such as a dream or a vision. If you can only eat grass you possibly may not be getting enough sustenance and eventually your cells start to decay and are dying off; the spirit is basically the same except the food is made of things that lift the spirit and help it grow, bright spots that feed the soul with good foods and gifts of the spirit depend on your maturity level. Those may start off as small things but hopefully as you mature spiritually it all grows into good stuff and every day you choose that which is good more and more. If you could only eat junk food you may have a problem. (BTW, The Bible lets us know as we are smitten with that spiritual host Nebuchadnezzar will be eating grass with the beast of the field)

Taz asks - So what day is chosen for everything to be answered?
A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day in the spiritual world. Perhaps you haven't lived as that awakened human for your thousand years yet and are not ready or prepared for the answers yet.

Any idea? When hell freezes over? :biggrin:
When the waters in hell are straightened (hardened like ice to be shattered).

Taz asks - And looking beyond to what?
To be perfected in the image of God's Son.

Taz asks - Where?
Everywhere in heaven and earth.

Last edited:
If Jesus didn’t know He was creating a movement, then why give the Twelve the Great Commission?
This is kind of my point. "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." (Jn 12:24)

Jesus died, and then bore fruit.

Another point I'm trying to get at is why so many Christians would consider this fruit so tasteless. This fruit - this kingdom that bears testimony to the work of Christ and his apostles - why do mainstream Christians consider it a mere footnote to something grander that they anticipate? To something cataclysmic for some (the end of the world) and yet physically impossible for others (a walled kingdom the size of the moon landing on the earth).

The church is the fruit. The church is the eternal kingdom (Eph 3:21).

You crack me up, sister.
It's ok, ava just explained it to me on the post right above. You're such a loser.
I’ve been called worse. It’s not so bad. ;)

To die to yourself is to allow the holy spirit to move into those places that are filled with carnal/fleshly thoughts. Akin to knowing that you are irritating but not allowing you to be a thorn because one already knows that cannot help yourself; and knowing that in a chosen day those answers will come even though it sure doesn't look like it at times. It is looking beyond the mere mortal thoughts that humans naturally have been ingrained with from the time they entered into this world.
Thanks for the explanation. So god doesn't want me to think about sex? What's a fleshy thought? I'm a vegetarian.

So what day is chosen for everything to be answered? Any idea? When hell freezes over? :biggrin:

Sex is a portion of your biological makeup as a mammal. Its generally a normal thing for all animals. The question would be to yourself do you let sex rule over you, your thoughts and your decisions in life? Is sex more important to you than building a relationship with the holy spirit? If it is then you may have a problem.

What you sustain your flesh with is worldly sustenance. The spirit is maintained with spiritual sustenance which for some could be a kind thoughts or acts, words or spiritual events such as a dream or a vision. If you can only eat grass you possibly may not be getting enough sustenance and eventually your cells start to decay and are dying off; the spirit is basically the same except the food is made of things that lift the spirit and help it grow, bright spots that feed the soul with good foods and gifts of the spirit depend on your maturity level. Those may start off as small things but hopefully as you mature spiritually it all grows into good stuff and every day you choose that which is good more and more. If you could only eat junk food you may have a problem. (BTW, The Bible lets us know as we are smitten with that spiritual host Nebuchadnezzar will be eating grass with the beast of the field)

A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day in the spiritual world. Perhaps you haven't lived as that awakened human for your thousand years yet and are not ready or prepared for the answers yet.

Taz asks - Where?
Taz asks - what colour is the sky in your world?

Taz asks - why would a god contact us only through a book of fiction?

Taz asks - Where?

Who says that God only contacts you through a book? It is the spirit that calls one forth out of the spiritual grave. The Bible is a guide to assist and if it doesn't work for you perhaps you are going about it all wrong in your head/mind.

Taz asks - Where?

Who says that God only contacts you through a book? It is the spirit that calls one forth out of the spiritual grave. The Bible is a guide to assist and if it doesn't work for you perhaps you are going about it all wrong in your head/mind.
So why hasn’t the spirit called me forth, as you say?

Taz asks - Where?

How come you ask so many questions? Is it because you have a desire or is it just that you can't get past those demons you seem to be hanging onto dearly?

Taz asks - Where?

How come you ask so many questions? Is it because you have a desire or is it just that you can't get past those demons you seem to be hanging onto dearly?
I have a desire, now answer my question.

Taz asks - Where?

I have a desire, now answer my question.
Your desire is for what exactly?

You call the Bible a work of fiction when it is expressly written by and through the spirit so you could learn about the spirit on a personal level. That leaves you wanting and you want me to explain that to you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back