Did Jesus ever speak out against premarital sex?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I googled it and I prefer discussion to the results i got. It was mostly bible blogs and anti-bible blogs seemingly.

So if anyone could post their favorite link on the subject or provide bible text to argue their point i'd appreciate it.

[Jesus] went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.'" (NIV, Mark 7:20-23)

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (NIV, Galatians 5:19-21)

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins people commit are outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (TNIV, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; (TNIV, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5)

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (English Standard Version, 1 Corinthians 7:1-5)

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. (NIV, 1 Corinthians 7:8-9)

Acts 15:20 comes to mind......some in Corinthians

:cool:

Acts 15:20 ESV - but should write to them to abstain - Bible Gateway

20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

That seems to just say sexual immorality in general. I would describe that as cheating or rape, I guess i'd need to find a bible scholar's interpretation of that line.

Since there's no Hebrew or Greek word for "premarital" in the Bible we can only take it's Word for it in blessing marital sex.

CG's post was awesome, BTW
:clap2:

Acts 15:20 comes to mind......some in Corinthians

20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

That seems to just say sexual immorality in general. I would describe that as cheating or rape, I guess i'd need to find a bible scholar's interpretation of that line.

Since there's no Hebrew or Greek word for "premarital" in the Bible we can only take it's Word for it in blessing marital sex.

I read it, it was a good post but it still mostly spoke about sexual immorality.

Which seems open to interpretation, my interpretation is there's nothing immoral about premarital consenual sex. Like i said I view sexual immorality as rape or cheating or even voluntarily having unsafe sex with someone you don't want to have a child with.

I read it, it was a good post but it still mostly spoke about sexual immorality.

Which seems open to interpretation, my interpretation is there's nothing immoral about premarital consenual sex. Like i said I view sexual immorality as rape or cheating or even voluntarily having unsafe sex with someone you don't want to have a child with.

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (English Standard Version, 1 Corinthians 7:1-5)

You are welcome to view it anyway you want. But the Bible does suggest that sexual intercourse outside of marriage is 'sexual immorality'.

You are welcome to view it anyway you want. But the Bible does suggest that sexual intercourse outside of marriage is 'sexual immorality'.

That still doesn't define sexual immorality, I get what you're saying though.

Using my view on sexual immorality, maybe Jesus viewed a married man as less likely to rape or cheat, which would also make sense.

Jesus said of adultery -
Matthew 5:27-28 - You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Pretty tough standard to meet. Which is why we are in need of a Savior.

That still doesn't define sexual immorality, I get what you're saying though.

Using my view on sexual immorality, maybe Jesus viewed a married man as less likely to rape or cheat, which would also make sense.

As I said, you're welcome to interpret it as you see fit. That's kind of the point of the Bible. Different faiths, different individuals see their own way to the truth.

I googled it and I prefer discussion to the results i got. It was mostly bible blogs and anti-bible blogs seemingly.

So if anyone could post their favorite link on the subject or provide bible text to argue their point i'd appreciate it.

Now why would jesus disrespect his mother and father and talk about the evils of premarital sex?

Jesus said of adultery -
Matthew 5:27-28 - You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Didn't Jimmy Carter admit something like that to Playboy magazine?

Jesus said of adultery -

Didn't Jimmy Carter admit something like that to Playboy magazine?

I think you're correct.

i googled it and i prefer discussion to the results i got. It was mostly bible blogs and anti-bible blogs seemingly.

jesus believed in saving yourself for marriage but was big into getting blowjobs ,handjobs and dry humping...its a catholic thing

Forum List

Back