Did Jesus Abolish the Old Testament?

Well it does make a lot of sense why they are leaving this thread alone.

Ignore it all you want though, you can't ignore the terrible old testament style wrath of your GOD!

I'd say it's more likely that people are tired of answering stupid questions and stupid assumptions. Go to church and ask a pastor your questions if you really want them answered, which of course is not what this is all about, as we all know. ;)

Personally, I know that Cowman is about as interested in an honest discussion as I am in going to hell, so I usually ignore anything he posts.

Have you read revelations ? nothing has changed judgment will come to the earth.

You're joking right? Jesus was god, and he came and said he wasn't going to change the law or the prophets... and then suddenly he changes his mind because he gets crucified which he KNEW was going to happen?

Give me a fucking break. Read your bible, son.

Although... on second thought... god does joke a lot. KILL YOUR SON! No wait I'm just kidding!

I have for forty years and have 13 different versions of it.

Good.

Now try reading it again, this time asking the Holy Spirit to open your mind to understand it.

You're joking right? Jesus was god, and he came and said he wasn't going to change the law or the prophets... and then suddenly he changes his mind because he gets crucified which he KNEW was going to happen?

Give me a fucking break. Read your bible, son.

Although... on second thought... god does joke a lot. KILL YOUR SON! No wait I'm just kidding!

Good.

Now try reading it again, this time asking the Holy Spirit to open your mind to understand it.

Haughty attitude. You act like you're the only one with a "correct" understanding of the Bible.

Last edited:
That's not what she said. She said you only think your own religion is legitimate. That's a true statement, isn't it?

You only love the people who agree with you.

re-read her 3rd sentence..?

Read the other sentence too. Answer those. You cannot tolerate anyone who has a different religion from you.

Telling a Jew to take up Jews for Jesus is so insulting. You have no idea how offensive that is.

I know quite a few Jews who are not insulted when I point out why I believe Jesus is the Messiah, even if they all disagree with me.

re-read her 3rd sentence..?

Read the other sentence too. Answer those. You cannot tolerate anyone who has a different religion from you.

Telling a Jew to take up Jews for Jesus is so insulting. You have no idea how offensive that is.

I know quite a few Jews who are not insulted when I point out why I believe Jesus is the Messiah, even if they all disagree with me.

I know quite a few Jews who would be insulted by you trying to convert them to Christianity.

Good.

Haughty attitude. You act like you're the only one with a "correct" understanding of the Bible.

Not at all, I just think that anyone that believes the world is less than 4 billion years old misunderstands the relationship between the Bible and the real world. That does come across as haughty at times, but it does not mean I am the only one that is right.

Good.

Not at all, I just think that anyone that believes the world is less than 4 billion years old misunderstands the relationship between the Bible and the real world. That does come across as haughty at times, but it does not mean I am the only one that is right.

OK, fair enough.

I know quite a few Jews who would be insulted by you trying to convert them to Christianity.

I sincerely doubt they would, I am actually a very likeable fellow when I am listening to people talk about their religion. I actually enjoy studying the Torah with people who have a cultural understanding of it. When I ask sincere questions, and don't tell them that they are wrong simply because my religion is new, they usually end up asking me why I believe what I do also. Even if we end up disagreeing about who Jesus is, which happens most of the time, we have a mutual respect for each other and our beliefs.

By the way, the same thing applies to Muslims, even when I point out that, culturally, Islam has some serious problems that they need to fix.

I sincerely doubt they would, I am actually a very likeable fellow when I am listening to people talk about their religion. I actually enjoy studying the Torah with people who have a cultural understanding of it. When I ask sincere questions, and don't tell them that they are wrong simply because my religion is new, they usually end up asking me why I believe what I do also. Even if we end up disagreeing about who Jesus is, which happens most of the time, we have a mutual respect for each other and our beliefs.

By the way, the same thing applies to Muslims, even when I point out that, culturally, Islam has some serious problems that they need to fix.

I like discussing religion with people who can respect others POV even when we differ.

Good.

Ok, so what is your understanding of it then or your point to be made ? In this reply, are you saying that their are many who understand it better by your accounting of, and so you think that he lacks in his complete understanding of it, so you feel some how that he is not qualified in your mind to school or say anything to someone else or even someone like you about his understanding of it ?

Why do so people Christians believe that Jesus abolished the old law? To me, it seems like a way to try and get away from the nastier sides of their god and their religion. Either that, or they just don't have the same sort of dietary will as the Jewish people.

Fact of the matter is though, the bible says nothing about Jesus abolishing the Old Testament. And it's not just for Jews.

Lots more where this came from.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)

Enjoy hell, sinners! Kidding... but seriously, why do you think you don't have to follow the Old Testament as a Christians? Why do you think Jews are different and still have to follow it but you don't? Hell, even when I was a devout Christian, I didn't disregard the Old Testament. Because I read my bible.

Y98jT.png

As He said...he came to FULFILL them. Which He did on the cross. He died for our sins. You did notice that there were no more offerings to God either?
You need to read the Sermon on the Mount. Besides, there were no Christians in the OT...Christians came about when Jesus walked the earth.

Teachings of Jesus Christ: Sermon on the Mount

What trumps hate, sin, the evil of evils, the most horrid of the most horrid? LOVE. Hands down, no contest. LOVE never fails.

What does it mean that Jesus fulfilled the law, but did not abolish it?

why don't you ask the people who wrote it?

seems even the whole "love" thing is pick and choose among the fundies... you "love" the people who think like you.

you think you're better than everyone else.

i particularly love the people who think only their religion is legitimate. :thup:

My best friend thinks NOTHING like me....

What trumps hate, sin, the evil of evils, the most horrid of the most horrid? LOVE. Hands down, no contest. LOVE never fails.

What does it mean that Jesus fulfilled the law, but did not abolish it?

why don't you ask the people who wrote it?

seems even the whole "love" thing is pick and choose among the fundies... you "love" the people who think like you.

you think you're better than everyone else.

i particularly love the people who think only their religion is legitimate. :thup:

My best friend thinks NOTHING like me....
Oh, good. I'll send you a friendship request.

Forum List

Back