Did Israel just drop a hammer on Obama?

True but irrelevant.
Both Jews and Muslims look at Christianity as idol worship.

Christians are incredibly ignorant as to how Jews see them or possibly the don't even care. They even celebrate Jewish holidays. I assume you've heard the term Judeo-Christian before ?

I dont know any Christians who celebrate Jewish holidays as part of Christian practice.
I dont know what "Judeo-Christian" means, other than as some kind of sop. Because Judaism and Christianity are like night and day.

judeo-christian refers to the shared ethic that exists in both christianity and judaism and stems back to the old testament and ten commandments.

as for christians 'celebrating' jewish holidays, there are groups of christians who hold sedars, but it is done as a re-enactment of the last supper and an homage to it. but that's all i know about.

dillo has a vivid imagination about what jews believe and are.

That's what it's supposed to mean. And for Jews cut off from their heritage it probably makes sense. But the reality is that "Judeo-Christian" really means "Christian". And usually Protestant Christian at that.

I know there are Christians who hold seders etc but it is out of curiosity. It isn't mainstream Christian doctrine.

"Idolatry is a pejorative term for the worship of an idol, a physical object such as a cult image, as a god,[1] or practices believed to verge on worship, such as giving undue honour and regard to created forms other than God."

Just a quickie definition from the 'net.

A great many so-called Christians do this.

"Idolatry is a pejorative term for the worship of an idol, a physical object such as a cult image, as a god,[1] or practices believed to verge on worship, such as giving undue honour and regard to created forms other than God."

Just a quickie definition from the 'net.

A great many so-called Christians do this.

I derive my beliefs and definitions about idol worship from the Torah, not the 'net. So to me all Christians are guilty of it.

That's what it's supposed to mean. And for Jews cut off from their heritage it probably makes sense. But the reality is that "Judeo-Christian" really means "Christian". And usually Protestant Christian at that.

I know there are Christians who hold seders etc but it is out of curiosity. It isn't mainstream Christian doctrine.

Jillian is right for once "Judeo-Christian" values means just what she said.

No, they don't. Only a Jew cut off from Judaism could believe that.

Be careful of too much reliance and respect for the Torah, then. It is a slippery slope into forgetting God is alive (for those who believe in God, at least as represented by YHWH).

"But the reality is that "Judeo-Christian" really means "Christian". And usually Protestant Christian at that."

This term refers to the amalgam of western civilizations which derive their moral and legal traditions from precepts set forth in the Old Testament and carried into the Christian period. Christianity never being as monolithic as the Jewish faith, there have been a large number of non-Biblical influences: the concept of divine right and reactions against it, Anglo-Saxon Common Law, Napoleonic code, etc.

It is a synthesis not entirely Christian at all.

Last edited:

Ok...if you say so. Those values come from the Torah (the Old Testament) I don't see the point of being hostile to Christians, It doesn’t help Jews or Israel for that matter..Chill out

So are you saying................

in the smaller scheme of things, such as an election, what the people think is irrelevant?

I don't see this as being about any nation "dictating" to another. I see this as a form of political game playing by Israel who clearly does not trust our president and may be looking for an opportunity to embarrass the O.

It's all about perception.

If Mitt pursues this, the perception will be that Israel would be setting our foriegn policy, not our President. Its all about international politics, which if Mitts trip was any indication of his skills, will be in shambles if Romney gets elected.

So if Mitt supports Israel, which has been US policy going back to Harry Truman, then he creates the perception that Israel sets our foreign policy. If he doesn't support Israel then that means he sets our foreign policy?
Really?
Mitt's trip was a tremendous success. He injected some reality sadly lacking in the middle east. Namely that culture really does determine prosperity to a large degree. And Pali culture isn't cutting it. That's a degree of insight Obama has yet to reach. He thinks everyone thinks just like he does. Namely they all love him.

Tremendous success??? Reality????

He said that Israel was strong due to Divine Providence!!!

If his objective was to throw gasoline on an open flame, then yes, it was a tremendous success.

Your bias is showing again. Pathetic.

Christians are incredibly ignorant as to how Jews see them or possibly the don't even care. They even celebrate Jewish holidays. I assume you've heard the term Judeo-Christian before ?

I dont know any Christians who celebrate Jewish holidays as part of Christian practice.
I dont know what "Judeo-Christian" means, other than as some kind of sop. Because Judaism and Christianity are like night and day.

judeo-christian refers to the shared ethic that exists in both christianity and judaism and stems back to the old testament and ten commandments.

as for christians 'celebrating' jewish holidays, there are groups of christians who hold sedars, but it is done as a re-enactment of the last supper and an homage to it. but that's all i know about.

dillo has a vivid imagination about what jews believe and are.

Thanks for explaining the Judeo-Christian concept. I'm aware that as Jew you are unaware of the Christians who bend over backwards to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Christianity. They eagely await and support Israels contributions to the fulfilling of the prophecies. As of now the fact that the prophecies mean different things is irrelevent. Christians support Israel.

Be careful of too much reliance and respect for the Torah, then. It is a slippery slope into forgetting God is alive (for those who believe in God, at least as represented by YHWH).

One cannot have too much respect for the Torah, which is the gift of the Creator. And respect for Torah is commanded in the Torah itself.

Ok...if you say so. Those values come from the Torah (the Old Testament) I don't see the point of being hostile to Christians, It doesn’t help Jews or Israel for that matter..Chill out

I'm not hostile. It is what it is. They do their thing, we do our thing, and it's all good.

Sheldon Adelson is the most corrupt gazillionair there is and is campaigning for Romney right now over there. He also owns the Israeli daily newspaper Israel HaYom. I am sure he has his fingers in everything over there and wants Obama out, so it makes me wonder if Adelson has his finger in this too.

Sheldon Adelson is the most corrupt gazillionair there is and is campaigning for Romney right now over there. He also owns the Israeli daily newspaper Israel HaYom. I am sure he has his fingers in everything over there and wants Obama out, so it makes me wonder if Adelson has his finger in this too.

It's the world Zionist conspiracy.

Why in the world would anyone campaign in Israel for an American politician? They can't vote.

Do you think that Israel would take preemptive action against Iran simply to embarass obama? Israel doesn't mind how many people would be killed the important thing is obama. In fact, obama is the ONLY important factor in any equasion. Isn't that what you mean.

Why did the white house "leak" information to Iran on the agreement between Israel and Azerbajian regarding the airfields? Why did the white house leak information on Israel's involvement in Stuxnet and Flame?

You post is ridiculous and borders on insanity.

Obama made only the slightest of "suggestions" that Israel actually follow the UN mandate on it's borders and got unbelievably hammered for that.

Of course he also went to the UN to shoot down the Palestinians unilateral effort to proclaim statehood, he keeps shipping boatloads of money to Israel, directs our CIA to work with the Mossad even though they are fucking kooky and did nothing when the Israelis illegally attacked a Turkish flagged ship and killed a US citizen.

Those little tidbits seem to fly well under the radar of conservatives in this country.

In Israel, however, Obama is very well liked by it's citizens.

"Why are we so tied to Israel? I'd say the answer is Biblical."

So, US policy is implemented for the furtherance of a religious program?

No. Not at all. People have beliefs. Many have Christian Beliefs. The Bible plays an important role in peoples lives. The Last Book of the Bible is Revelation. Maybe you have some experience with it, maybe you don't. Either way, people are motivated by it. You have a problem with that? You have a problem with Free Will, and Free Association? I hope not.

Our alliance with Israel has nothing to do with the Bible, but on the fact that Israel is the only free country in the middle east.

Why did the US intervene to protect muslims in Bosnia? Was that in furtherance of a religious program?

It's more than that.

Iran's theocracy loves Obama and why wouldn't they...?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back