Did Israel just drop a hammer on Obama?

It sure will be! Obama always talks about Israel being our greatest ally. I don't believe a word of it....he hasn't proven at all that he cares about that country. We have always been Israels closest ally....even Bibi knows that's not true anymore. I have a feeling nothing will happen though until Romney is elected and in office. They know the US will stand by them then....they know they can't trust us now.

Israel isn't our "greatest" ally. It's not even on the top 10 list. No ally kills our citizens, spies on us and steals our industrial secrets. Not a good one anyway. We've much better allies then Israel. Britain for one. France for another. Israel's "alliance" also comes at a huge cost. Something like 9 billion US tax dollars a year goes to the Israeli military. Heck..Turkey's done more then Israel in helping the US maintain geo-political dominance in the world.

And I have no idea why conservatives hold that Israel is a greater country then America.

It's simply astonishing.

Last edited:
It sure will be! Obama always talks about Israel being our greatest ally. I don't believe a word of it....he hasn't proven at all that he cares about that country. We have always been Israels closest ally....even Bibi knows that's not true anymore. I have a feeling nothing will happen though until Romney is elected and in office. They know the US will stand by them then....they know they can't trust us now.

Israel isn't our "greatest" ally. It's not even on the top 10 list. No ally kills our citizens, spies on us and steals our industrial secrets. Not a good one anyway. We've much better allies then Israel. Britain for one. France for another. Israel's "alliance" also comes at a huge cost. Something like 9 billion US tax dollars a year goes to the Israeli military. Heck..Turkey's done more then Israel in helping the US maintain geo-political dominance in the world.

And I have no idea why conservatives hold that Israel is a greater country then America.

It's simply astonishing.

I think Israel is a Good Ally. I think England is a Good Ally too. Has Israel done things to us that it should not have, yes. Who hasn't? Why are we so tied to Israel? I'd say the answer is Biblical.

It's simply astonishing.

I think Israel is a Good Ally. I think England is a Good Ally too. Has Israel done things to us that it should not have, yes. Who hasn't? Why are we so tied to Israel? I'd say the answer is Biblical.

Then we should rethink any alliegence based on those grounds.

I believe they did.

'US, Israeli intel Iran closer t... JPost - Iranian Threat - News

From the article above and a verbal TV report, this is what I've gathered.

A new US Iran threat assessment report comes closer to Israel's assessment as to how close Iran is to having a nuclear bomb. Our media has not reported the release by the US of this new assessment but it raises questions why it's ISRAEL who is revealing this new situation.

This does not appear to be something that the media SHOULD ignore.

What will be the WH response? Will they agree or disagree with Israel's take on this? If they agree, will they also change their position and now come out in support for Israel if/when they attack Iran? If they disagree, how will they express that disagreement without making it appear they are anti-Israel as many believe.

I see this as a very touchy political situation, all things considered, that will be difficult for Obama or his election campaign to deal with. I can just see Jay Carney trying to evade the pointed questions.

The fact that this information has come out after Mitt's visit also makes me suspect that Romney was made aware of this new US report by Israel and will use this to hammer Obama all the way to election day.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Obama pushed Israel to agree to give him a heads up on any planned preemptive strike Israel might execute against Iran. Netanyahu, knowing full well the snake he is dealing with in Obama has repeatedly refused.
Since then, Obama was quite content to tell the world he "has Israel's back" while otherwise ignoring them when not giving the impression that America really doesn't have their back against Iran.
Then Romney announced his plans to go to Israel and Obama sensing a vote or two to be had, comes out and attempts to give the impression that he once again gives a shit about the historically strongest American ally in the most volatile region on earth.

Obama's "dreams from his father" are steeped in giving the Jews and the colonialist Americans what Obama and his pop feel they deserve.

The media, and EVERYONE else, can sense this and in typical form are happy to refuse to tell the American people the truth when it serves their boy king.

I believe they did.

A new US Iran threat assessment report comes closer to Israel's assessment as to how close Iran is to having a nuclear bomb. Our media has not reported the release by the US of this new assessment but it raises questions why it's ISRAEL who is revealing this new situation.

What will be the WH response? Will they agree or disagree with Israel's take on this? If they agree, will they also change their position and now come out in support for Israel if/when they attack Iran? If they disagree, how will they express that disagreement without making it appear they are anti-Israel as many believe.

I see this as a very touchy political situation, all things considered, that will be difficult for Obama or his election campaign to deal with. I can just see Jay Carney trying to evade the pointed questions.

The fact that this information has come out after Mitt's visit also makes me suspect that Romney was made aware of this new US report by Israel and will use this to hammer Obama all the way to election day.

Obama pushed Israel to agree to give him a heads up on any planned preemptive strike Israel might execute against Iran. Netanyahu, knowing full well the snake he is dealing with in Obama has repeatedly refused.
Since then, Obama was quite content to tell the world he "has Israel's back" while otherwise ignoring them when not giving the impression that America really doesn't have their back against Iran.
Then Romney announced his plans to go to Israel and Obama sensing a vote or two to be had, comes out and attempts to give the impression that he once again gives a shit about the historically strongest American ally in the most volatile region on earth.

Obama's "dreams from his father" are steeped in giving the Jews and the colonialist Americans what Obama and his pop feel they deserve.

The media, and EVERYONE else, can sense this and in typical form are happy to refuse to tell the American people the truth when it serves their boy king.

Here's another thing that's astonishing..conservatives, who claim to be "patriotic", taking up with a foreign leader. Not a very good one at that. Netanyahu is a belligerant, bellicose asshole who along with Sharon has unraveled much of the good work done by several American Presidents in the region. And what does this mean "has its back against Iran"? A little history will show that Iran hasn't attacked anyone in a 100 years or so. Israel? It's a nasty little state involved in some conflict or another every few months. Israel lives by a different set of rules in the middle east..and it's costing the United States big. Israel ignores the UN, ignores international protocol, has an extremely active and visible covert ops, and is terrible at diplomacy. Which leaves the United States having to use it's deep pockets to keep many of the nations in the region from responding in kind. Even when Israel does manage to act in conjuction US spook ops to do things that muck up countries, like Iran's, nuclear infrastructure..like introducing the Stuxnet virus to their computers..they couple it with typical Mossad violence..like assassinating nuclear scientists.

Maybe at the root of this conservative love affair is the bible..which conservatives seem to hold over our own Constitution. It's the only thing that can explain it. Along with the fact that conservatives lose their "patriotism" when their guy isn't running the show.

Netanyahu is hardly a bellicose asshole. He could not have been elected, twice, if that were the case. Israelis have a serious security problem. Iran is known to be supporting terrorists and uses Hezbollah, which has staged attacks on Israel, as its proxy. In the age of terrorism, a nation doesnt need to stage an armed invasion by its own troops to be belligerent.

It's simply astonishing.

Then we should rethink any allegiance based on those grounds.

It is what it is. We base our allegiance to Either God and Country, or Country. Matters of Conscience are the Domain of the Individual, they cannot be Dictated. Treaties and Policies, at least in some part, are rooted in the best Interest of the Nation, with the consent of the Governed. Israel has every right to exist. As long as that is even questioned, we have a special interest there.

I believe they did.

Here's another thing that's astonishing..conservatives, who claim to be "patriotic", taking up with a foreign leader. Not a very good one at that. Netanyahu is a belligerant, bellicose asshole who along with Sharon has unraveled much of the good work done by several American Presidents in the region. And what does this mean "has its back against Iran"? A little history will show that Iran hasn't attacked anyone in a 100 years or so. Israel? It's a nasty little state involved in some conflict or another every few months. Israel lives by a different set of rules in the middle east..and it's costing the United States big. Israel ignores the UN, ignores international protocol, has an extremely active and visible covert ops, and is terrible at diplomacy. Which leaves the United States having to use it's deep pockets to keep many of the nations in the region from responding in kind. Even when Israel does manage to act in conjuction US spook ops to do things that muck up countries, like Iran's, nuclear infrastructure..like introducing the Stuxnet virus to their computers..they couple it with typical Mossad violence..like assassinating nuclear scientists.

Maybe at the root of this conservative love affair is the bible..which conservatives seem to hold over our own Constitution. It's the only thing that can explain it. Along with the fact that conservatives lose their "patriotism" when their guy isn't running the show.

So you think that We here in America, have problems with loyalty? You know that when Madison wrote on Separation of Church and State, in matters of Conscience, God took priority over State Interest. The State is not always right Sallow. Blind Allegiance that serves injustice, is not justified, even by the power of law.

In the larger scheme of things, it doesn't really matter very much. A report is a report is a report. President Obama already has his set agenda, and he isn't going to allow any one nation dictate how America should act upon any particular situation in any particular foreign country unless it is in our best interest.

As it should be, don't you think?

It's simply astonishing.

Indeed it is. Republicans love to criticise America's most enduring ally over deservedly uncomfortable facts like our draconian gun laws, obeying counterproductive dictates from the EU (an organisation I detest) and the visible erosion of free speech happening in my country, but remain silent or go on the war path when possibly the most uncomfortable criticism they refuse to acknowledge is brought up: the enormous, and quite frankly suspicious, level of influence Israel wields in American politics.

There's no other nation on earth that I know of that tolerates a foreign nation's inextricable involvement in their foreign policy other than that of between the U.S. and Israel. America affords Israel seemingly unconditional support in the UN, funds Israel and spends even larger sums of money on dissuading neighbouring countries from attacking or taking action against Israel. And what do the get in return? Don't tell me that America relies on the Mossad for intel. The CIA is far more experienced and capable of gathering intel in the Middle East. Not to mention enjoying co-operation with equally capable and resourceful counterparts in Europe.

PS. I'm a conservative.

Then we should rethink any allegiance based on those grounds.

It is what it is. We base our allegiance to Either God and Country, or Country. Matters of Conscience are the Domain of the Individual, they cannot be Dictated. Treaties and Policies, at least in some part, are rooted in the best Interest of the Nation, with the consent of the Governed. Israel has every right to exist. As long as that is even questioned, we have a special interest there.

I don't necessarily agree. I'm torn on the "right to exist" issue.

But that's a whole other discussion.

You post is excellent. I understand your point of view now.

So are you saying................

in the smaller scheme of things, such as an election, what the people think is irrelevant?

I don't see this as being about any nation "dictating" to another. I see this as a form of political game playing by Israel who clearly does not trust our president and may be looking for an opportunity to embarrass the O.

It's all about perception.

Israel would start a war, simply to embarass our failure of a presidebt? Really? Is obama that important?

I really can see obama considering any action, by Israel or even Iran a personal attack against him just to hurt his reelection chances. That's because obama is unbalanced. It seems he is not the only one!

Israel would have to be insane to trust obama. He has already betrayed them numerous times. By running to Iran every time he can and saying "Pssst, this is what Israel's doing now" obama has advanced the cause of war by many years.

So are you saying................

in the smaller scheme of things, such as an election, what the people think is irrelevant?

I don't see this as being about any nation "dictating" to another. I see this as a form of political game playing by Israel who clearly does not trust our president and may be looking for an opportunity to embarrass the O.

It's all about perception.

Israel would start a war, simply to embarass our failure of a presidebt? Really? Is obama that important?

I really can see obama considering any action, by Israel or even Iran a personal attack against him just to hurt his reelection chances. That's because obama is unbalanced. It seems he is not the only one!

Israel would have to be insane to trust obama. He has already betrayed them numerous times. By running to Iran every time he can and saying "Pssst, this is what Israel's doing now" obama has advanced the cause of war by many years.

Katz, I'm not being a dick here. Seriously. Seek help. Your post is riddled with insanity.

Do you think that Israel would take preemptive action against Iran simply to embarass obama? Israel doesn't mind how many people would be killed the important thing is obama. In fact, obama is the ONLY important factor in any equasion. Isn't that what you mean.

Why did the white house "leak" information to Iran on the agreement between Israel and Azerbajian regarding the airfields? Why did the white house leak information on Israel's involvement in Stuxnet and Flame?

Do you think that Israel would take preemptive action against Iran simply to embarass obama? Israel doesn't mind how many people would be killed the important thing is obama. In fact, obama is the ONLY important factor in any equasion. Isn't that what you mean.

Why did the white house "leak" information to Iran on the agreement between Israel and Azerbajian regarding the airfields? Why did the white house leak information on Israel's involvement in Stuxnet and Flame?

Unlikely. Though it's more likely that it [Israel] would engage in clandestine action against anyone who it believed would misinterpret that action as Iranian hostility.

I believe they did.

And now....for a trip down memory lane:

"In a 2007 National Intelligence Estimate, the United States Intelligence Community assessed that Iran had ended "nuclear weapon design and weaponization work" in 2003."
Iran and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Why are we so tied to Israel? I'd say the answer is Biblical."

So, US policy is implemented for the furtherance of a religious program?

Forum List

Back