Did Israel just drop a hammer on Obama?

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
I believe they did.

'US, Israeli intel Iran closer t... JPost - Iranian Threat - News

From the article above and a verbal TV report, this is what I've gathered.

A new US Iran threat assessment report comes closer to Israel's assessment as to how close Iran is to having a nuclear bomb. Our media has not reported the release by the US of this new assessment but it raises questions why it's ISRAEL who is revealing this new situation.

This does not appear to be something that the media SHOULD ignore.

What will be the WH response? Will they agree or disagree with Israel's take on this? If they agree, will they also change their position and now come out in support for Israel if/when they attack Iran? If they disagree, how will they express that disagreement without making it appear they are anti-Israel as many believe.

I see this as a very touchy political situation, all things considered, that will be difficult for Obama or his election campaign to deal with. I can just see Jay Carney trying to evade the pointed questions.

The fact that this information has come out after Mitt's visit also makes me suspect that Romney was made aware of this new US report by Israel and will use this to hammer Obama all the way to election day.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

It sure will be! Obama always talks about Israel being our greatest ally. I don't believe a word of it....he hasn't proven at all that he cares about that country. We have always been Israels closest ally....even Bibi knows that's not true anymore. I have a feeling nothing will happen though until Romney is elected and in office. They know the US will stand by them then....they know they can't trust us now.

In the larger scheme of things, it doesn't really matter very much. A report is a report is a report. President Obama already has his set agenda, and he isn't going to allow any one nation dictate how America should act upon any particular situation in any particular foreign country unless it is in our best interest.

Last edited:
So are you saying................

in the smaller scheme of things, such as an election, what the people think is irrelevant?

I don't see this as being about any nation "dictating" to another. I see this as a form of political game playing by Israel who clearly does not trust our president and may be looking for an opportunity to embarrass the O.

It's all about perception.

in the smaller scheme of things, such as an election, what the people think is irrelevant?

I don't see this as being about any nation "dictating" to another. I see this as a form of political game playing by Israel who clearly does not trust our president and may be looking for an opportunity to embarrass the O.

No, what the people think is relevant. I just don't think most of the people going to vote in November are going to be voting with this subject much in mind. They have a lot more to think about. For that reason, I don't think it will be much of a concern for the President either.

I believe they did.

'US, Israeli intel Iran closer t... JPost - Iranian Threat - News

From the article above and a verbal TV report, this is what I've gathered.

A new US Iran threat assessment report comes closer to Israel's assessment as to how close Iran is to having a nuclear bomb. Our media has not reported the release by the US of this new assessment but it raises questions why it's ISRAEL who is revealing this new situation.

This does not appear to be something that the media SHOULD ignore.

What will be the WH response? Will they agree or disagree with Israel's take on this? If they agree, will they also change their position and now come out in support for Israel if/when they attack Iran? If they disagree, how will they express that disagreement without making it appear they are anti-Israel as many believe.

I see this as a very touchy political situation, all things considered, that will be difficult for Obama or his election campaign to deal with. I can just see Jay Carney trying to evade the pointed questions.

The fact that this information has come out after Mitt's visit also makes me suspect that Romney was made aware of this new US report by Israel and will use this to hammer Obama all the way to election day.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Annexation of Area C by Israel before next November could drop an even bigger hammer:

"MK Danny Danon has renewed his efforts to pass a Knesset bill annexing Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, so that Israeli law fully applies to them.

"In light of the stalled Israeli- Palestinian peace process, now is the time to push forward with the initiative that he began in September, Danon told The Jerusalem Post.

“'This is a historic opportunity to correct an injustice,' he said on Thursday.

"Danon added that he hoped to bring the matter before the Ministerial Committee on Legislative in a matter of weeks."

Danon touts bill to annex Judea a... JPost - Diplomacy & Politics

For many, the historic injustice involved here occurred when Israel began transferring its civilians from around the globe into the Occupied Territories in 1967.

If Mitt pursues this, the perception will be that Israel would be setting our foriegn policy, not our President. Its all about international politics, which if Mitts trip was any indication of his skills, will be in shambles if Romney gets elected.

If Mitt pursues this, the perception will be that Israel would be setting our foriegn policy, not our President. Its all about international politics, which if Mitts trip was any indication of his skills, will be in shambles if Romney gets elected.

So if Mitt supports Israel, which has been US policy going back to Harry Truman, then he creates the perception that Israel sets our foreign policy. If he doesn't support Israel then that means he sets our foreign policy?
Really?
Mitt's trip was a tremendous success. He injected some reality sadly lacking in the middle east. Namely that culture really does determine prosperity to a large degree. And Pali culture isn't cutting it. That's a degree of insight Obama has yet to reach. He thinks everyone thinks just like he does. Namely they all love him.

But I disagree.............

The only crowd that labeled Mitt's trip as a "shambles" was the media, beginning with the local UK yellow rag, the Daily Mail, and expanded upon by every other liberal media in the US.

Do you really believe Cameron feels seriously offended by anything Mitt said? Do you really believe Mitt has strained relations with the UK more than the O already has?

Do you really believe the Palestinians wouldn't have found "something" to criticize Mitt about? Real or imaginary - they would have found something. And you ARE aware that Bebe and Mitt's relationship goes back 30 yrs, long before their political careers began, aren't you?

And what exactly did he "shamble" in Poland?

The outcome of his trip will be found in his private meetings, not his public appearances. So from that viewpoint, neither of us can with any certainty proclaim his trip as a success OR a failure.

Now - back to your post. Yes, this is about international politics. And if Mitt pursues this and makes it appear that the O is permitting Israel to dictate US policy, that would make the O look weak on foreign policy, And if the O fights back that his policy will not change in spite of the new US report on Iran, he then could be percieved [again!] as being anti-Israel and/or weak and/or inexperienced.

Neither position would be a comfortable one for the O.

Actually, I'm looking down the road....

to the debates.

It would be interesting to know whether the moderator's network has total control on the questions or whether the candidates have any input.

You can't ignore a question just because you're the president.

I thought England was supposed to be our closest ally?

Theyre supposed to be huh?

But based on how insulted they seemed by Romney during his debacle world tour, if we elect him, then maybe not anymore.

Of course they would act insulted...Romney pointed out that their security was weak. They didn't say he was wrong....they just got pissy.

Mr Romney said in a TV interview: “It’s hard to know just how well it will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting.”

The Republican candidate, who organised the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, also questioned whether the British people will “come together and celebrate” the Olympics.

Read more: Wannabe US President Mitt Romney in Olympics insult, but David Cameron insists: We’ll show you | The Sun |News|Politics

He did more than that. First time out of the box, and he embarasses himself by insulting one of our closest allies.

Yeah, lets choose him.

Theyre supposed to be huh?

But based on how insulted they seemed by Romney during his debacle world tour, if we elect him, then maybe not anymore.

Of course they would act insulted...Romney pointed out that their security was weak. They didn't say he was wrong....they just got pissy.

Mr Romney said in a TV interview: “It’s hard to know just how well it will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting.”

The Republican candidate, who organised the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, also questioned whether the British people will “come together and celebrate” the Olympics.

Read more: Wannabe US President Mitt Romney in Olympics insult, but David Cameron insists: We’ll show you | The Sun |News|Politics

He did more than that. First time out of the box, and he embarasses himself by insulting one of our closest allies.

Yeah, lets choose him.

Great Idea. :) Let's choose him. It's that easy. :):):)

easy_button.jpg

Forum List

Back