Did Israel Evict The Palestinians?

Don’t be disingenuous. You know exactly which treaties I’m talking about. The fact that you continue to ignore them doesn’t make them cease to exist.
Your usual duck.

I’ve posted them dozens of times. Each time you fail to address them and disappear only to start up this foolishness the next time they are brought up.

I predict you will do so again.

San Remo
Treaty of Lausanne
The Mandate for Palestine
Israel’s Declaration of Independence
UNGA 273
None of those are land/border treaties.

Well, in point of fact, some of them are. But, so what? Why are we looking for border treaties?

Why are you arguing with me on a point we agree on? Typically, when a territory changes sovereignty, the previous territorial borders continue to hold true. Right? You literally, just argued this in a post on the other thread!
But where is the treaty changing sovereignty?

Well, you CAN'T POSSIBLY be arguing that the territory is still Turkish. So the question is what "changing sovereignty"?

Treaty of Lausanne releases the territory from Turkish sovereignty.

Treaty of Lausanne provides for the Allied Forces to determine the future of the territory.

The Allied Forces opt not to apply their own sovereignty to the territory.

This makes the territory terra nullius (under the sovereignty of no State).

The territory is administered in trust for the development of self-determination and eventual sovereignty and Statehood. This self-determination is specifically assigned to the Jewish people. This is expressly and clearly entrenched in law in the San Remo Agreements and in the Mandate for Palestine.

The Jewish people, under the Mandate of development of self-determination and self-governing bodies fulfills the necessary requirements for achieving a state (government, territory, population, international relations).

Israel Declares Independence, as is normative.

Israel realizes recognition via UNGA 273.

Now, I KNOW you are trying to argue that the condition of terra nullius did not exist. You are just wrong. Just plain, outrageously wrong. There is no State until there is a State.

And EVEN if you want to argue that there was a State of Palestine, formed in 1922 (ridiculous), administered by the British, that State was and could only have been the State which developed self-government and declared independence -- ISRAEL. There are no other possible options.

Your usual duck.

I’ve posted them dozens of times. Each time you fail to address them and disappear only to start up this foolishness the next time they are brought up.

San Remo
Treaty of Lausanne
UNGA 273

Well, in point of fact, some of them are. But, so what? Why are we looking for border treaties?

Why are you arguing with me on a point we agree on? Typically, when a territory changes sovereignty, the previous territorial borders continue to hold true. Right? You literally, just argued this in a post on the other thread!

Well, you CAN'T POSSIBLY be arguing that the territory is still Turkish. So the question is what "changing sovereignty"?

Treaty of Lausanne provides for the Allied Forces to determine the future of the territory.

The territory is administered in trust for the development of self-determination and eventual sovereignty and Statehood. This self-determination is specifically assigned to the Jewish people. This is expressly and clearly entrenched in law in the San Remo Agreements and in the Mandate for Palestine.

The Jewish people, under the Mandate of development of self-determination and self-governing bodies fulfills the necessary requirements for achieving a state (government, territory, population, international relations).

Now, I KNOW you are trying to argue that the condition of terra nullius did not exist. You are just wrong. Just plain, outrageously wrong. There is no State until there is a State.

And EVEN if you want to argue that there was a State of Palestine, formed in 1922 (ridiculous), administered by the British, that State was and could only have been the State which developed self-government and declared independence -- ISRAEL. There are no other possible options.
And EVEN if you want to argue that there was a State of Palestine,
There wasn't?

Unsubstantiated Israeli talking point.

San Remo
Treaty of Lausanne
UNGA 273

There wasn't?

Wasn’t the “Country of Pally’land” invented in 1924 by the Treaty of Lausanne?

I guess Abbas and the cabal of misfits before him were begging at the UN for yet another (or different), “country of Pally’land”?

San Remo
Treaty of Lausanne
UNGA 273

There wasn't?

Okay, so the game you want to play is that the territory was never terra nullius, but passed directly from Turkish sovereignty to a new State. Demonstrate that as a point of reality.

You should easily be able to outline the character of the new State. What was the government? What treaties did they sign? What laws did they pass? What infrastructure did they build? What was the form of their legislative body? When did they declare independence? What is their constitution? How did they interact with the British administration? How did they interact with other States? How did they protect their borders? When were they accepted into the UN?

Don't demonstrate the idea of a state, demonstrate a state in point of fact. Israel can do so. Easily. So you should be able to do so as well.

And then, of course, you would have to demonstrate that Israel is prohibited from becoming a state through the process of self-determination.

Last edited:

There wasn't?

Okay, so the game you want to play is that the territory was never terra nullius, but passed directly from Turkish sovereignty to a new State. Demonstrate that as a point of reality.

You should easily be able to outline the character of the new State. What was the government? What treaties did they sign? What laws did they pass? What infrastructure did they build? What was the form of their legislative body? When did they declare independence? What is their constitution? How did they interact with the British administration? How did they interact with other States? How did they protect their borders? When were they accepted into the UN?

Don't demonstrate the idea of a state, demonstrate a state in point of fact. Israel can do so. Easily. So you should be able to do so as well.

He will cut and paste a portion of Article 30 of the Treaty of Lausanne and then disappear until it’s time for the Susan Akram video.

P F Tinmore

Maybe I should be asking you what you think the process of developing a completely new State looks like, step-by-step.

P F Tinmore

Maybe I should be asking you what you think the process of developing a completely new State looks like, step-by-step.
Sure, a timeline is a good idea.

The allied powers decided to create new states in that area of the Turkish Empire. Through post war treaties they defined Palestine's international borders.

The Treaty of Lausanne ceded the territory to the respective new states and stated that the native inhabitants would become nationals of their respective new states.

The Palestine Citizenship Order stated that all former Turkish citizens would become citizens of Palestine.

The British Mandate prevented the Palestinians from creating self governing institutions. The Mandate assisted the Zionists in their settler colonial project.

About 300,000 Palestinians were expelled by Zionist militias.

The Mandate left Palestine and the foreign Jewish Agency that was created in Zurich by the foreign World Zionist Organization declared the independence of Israel inside Palestine's international borders.

Arab armies entered Palestine. Israeli forces expelled another 450,000 Palestinians.

About 80 local Palestinian officials, with the help of Egypt, created a government. They declared independence for all Palestinians in all of Palestine Inside Palestine's international borders. The UN was notified of this declaration.

The UN passed Resolution 194 calling for all Palestinians to return to their homes.

A UN Security Council resolution called for an armistice. Four UN Armistice Agreements carved Palestine into three areas of occupation.

Palestine has been occupied ever since.

P F Tinmore

The allied powers decided to create new states in that area of the Turkish Empire. Through post war treaties they defined Palestine's international borders.

The Treaty of Lausanne ceded the territory to the respective new states and stated that the native inhabitants would become nationals of their respective new states.

The Palestine Citizenship Order stated that all former Turkish citizens would become citizens of Palestine.

The British Mandate prevented the Palestinians from creating self governing institutions. The Mandate assisted the Zionists in their settler colonial project.

The Mandate left Palestine and the foreign Jewish Agency that was created in Zurich by the foreign World Zionist Organization declared the independence of Israel inside Palestine's international borders.

Arab armies entered Palestine. Israeli forces expelled another 450,000 Palestinians.

About 80 local Palestinian officials, with the help of Egypt, created a government. They declared independence for all Palestinians in all of Palestine Inside Palestine's international borders. The UN was notified of this declaration.

The UN passed Resolution 194 calling for all Palestinians to return to their homes.

A UN Security Council resolution called for an armistice. Four UN Armistice Agreements carved Palestine into three areas of occupation.

Unsubstantiated Islamist talking points.

Although, yes, the Treaty of Lausanne created the "country of Pal'istan".

It was just an oversight that the Treaty never actually references that. But why quibble over details?

P F Tinmore

It was just an oversight that the Treaty never actually references that. But why quibble over details?
I never said that.

It must be your reading comprehension problem.

P F Tinmore

I never said that.

What new "State" was territory ceded to? An existing State?

Did the "country of Pal'istan" exist before its invention by the Treaty of Lausanne?

I need a tutorial. Could you cut and paste the Susan Akram video?

Through post war treaties they defined Palestine's international borders.

Well, there's a reason why you're being shady here - treaties defining those borders specifically refer to the Jewish Nation, and not a single mention of an Arab one.

Less than 1% of the Arabs in the region got kicked out, while Arabs certainly sought to expel the majority of the Jews in the middle east, and did, except for failing between the Jordan river and the Mediterranean.

And so Israel became the leading and most prosperous country in all of middle east.
Justice is a sweet thing.

Last edited:
P F Tinmore

Yeah, the Arabs in Israel really fucked themselves over.

P F Tinmore

I never said that.

Did the "country of Pal'istan" exist before its invention by the Treaty of Lausanne?

I can't believe you are still having trouble with this simple principle after all these years.

None of the states in the region existed before the Treaty of Lausanne because they were under Turkish sovereignty. The Treaty of Lausanne transferred the territory to the new states. Of course the people stayed with their land as I stated in another post.

P F Tinmore

Yeah, the Arabs in Israel really fucked themselves over.

EFffkTBXUAAFTbZ.jpg

P F Tinmore

I never said that.

I can't believe you are still having trouble with this simple principle after all these years.

None of the states in the region existed before the Treaty of Lausanne because they were under Turkish sovereignty. The Treaty of Lausanne transferred the territory to the new states. Of course the people stayed with their land as I stated in another post.

Arabs fucked up.
If they keep it up, when they finally get a state, it'll be smaller than Liechtenstein.

P F Tinmore

I never said that.

When was the "State of Pal'istan created?

When was territory transferred to new "State of Pal'istan?

Last edited:

What states in the region didn't exist before the Treaty of Lausanne?

I'm still unclear. You wrote:
"The Treaty of Lausanne transferred the territory to the new states."

What new states received territory as a result of the Treaty of Lausanne?

It would appear from your statement that the Treaty of Lausanne would have been required to create a new State or States in order for the transfer of territory to that new State or States.

Be a sport and a'splain to me how this works.

RE: Did Israel Evict The Palestinians?
⁜→ Hollie, et al,

I think these are very interesting questions.

(REFERENCE)

Arbitration Commission of the European Conference on Yugoslavia in Opinion # 1 said:
Declared that ‘the state is commonly defined as a community which consists of a territory and a population subject to an organized political authority and that ‘such a state is characterized by sovereignty’.

Established pursuant to the Declaration of 27 August 1991 of the European Community: see Bull. EC, 7/8 (1991). See generally, M. Craven, ‘The EC Arbitration Commission on Yugoslavia’, 65 BYIL, 1994, p. 333, and below, p. 210.

(DEFINITIVE STATEMENT)

The need for a defined territory focuses upon the requirement for a particular territorial base upon which to operate. However, there is no necessity in international law for defined and settled boundaries. A state
may be recognized as a legal person even though it is involved in a dispute with its neighbors as to the precise demarcation of its frontiers, so long as there is a consistent band of territory which is undeniably controlled by the government of the alleged state. For this reason at least, therefore, the ‘State of Palestine’ declared in November 1988 at a conference in Algiers cannot be regarded as a valid state. The Palestinian organizations did not control any part of the territory they claim.
SOURCE: The Subjects of International Law, Sixth Edition, pp 199, Cambridge University Press

Most Respectfully,
R

The British Mandate prevented the Palestinians from creating self governing institutions. The Mandate assisted the Zionists in their settler colonial project self governing institutions.

A number of things here strike me as proof that there were no new states at this time.

1. The requirement for a Mandate at all.
2. The documented ability of the Mandate to enter into agreements and treaties of the time.
3. The actual control of the Mandate government in the territory.
4. The admission that the territory of Palestine had no existing self-governing institutions (no government).

Further, it shows that the development of self-determination and self-governing institutions was intended and actualized for the Jewish people and no other people.

A State is not just an idea. Its a legal entity which exists in reality. So you've only demonstrated I am correct: between the abandonment of the territory by Turkey in the Treaty of Lausanne and the Declaration of Independence of Israel -- there was NO STATE in existence, making the entire territory terra nullius.

RE: Did Israel Evict The Palestinians?
⁜→ Hollie, et al,

I think these are very interesting questions.

(REFERENCE)

Arbitration Commission of the European Conference on Yugoslavia in Opinion # 1 said:
Declared that ‘the state is commonly defined as a community which consists of a territory and a population subject to an organized political authority and that ‘such a state is characterized by sovereignty’.

Established pursuant to the Declaration of 27 August 1991 of the European Community: see Bull. EC, 7/8 (1991). See generally, M. Craven, ‘The EC Arbitration Commission on Yugoslavia’, 65 BYIL, 1994, p. 333, and below, p. 210.

(DEFINITIVE STATEMENT)

The need for a defined territory focuses upon the requirement for a particular territorial base upon which to operate. However, there is no necessity in international law for defined and settled boundaries. A state
may be recognized as a legal person even though it is involved in a dispute with its neighbors as to the precise demarcation of its frontiers, so long as there is a consistent band of territory which is undeniably controlled by the government of the alleged state. For this reason at least, therefore, the ‘State of Palestine’ declared in November 1988 at a conference in Algiers cannot be regarded as a valid state. The Palestinian organizations did not control any part of the territory they claim.
SOURCE: The Subjects of International Law, Sixth Edition, pp 199, Cambridge University Press

Most Respectfully,
R

It seems to me that we're in a bit of a question- begging loop, (or maybe our friend PF Timore is circling around in a Cul-de-sac). What reason woukd there be to declare a "State of Palestine" in November 1988 if such a state already existed and had existed subsequent to the Treaty of Lausanne?

I can't find any indication of a state of Palestine existing as a result of the Treaty so I'm left to ask "what territory was transferred to what states as a result of the Treaty"?

Forum List

Back