Did I just get a big fat raise or what?

Mr Obama campaigned that he would only increase taxes for those that make over $250,000.00.
Holy shit, you mean every smoker in the country just got a salary increase to $250K?

Health Blog : SCHIP: Doctor-Owned Hospitals Win; Tobacco Companies Lose
snip,
The tax on a pack of cigarettes will go up more than 60 cents to about $1 a pack to help fund the $33 billion SCHIP expansion

That shit was getting expensive anyway. Good time to quit. :)

If everybody quit, think of all the poor children that would no longer receive health care funding. Think of all the tobacco farmers and cigarette company employees that would no longer have an income source.
I'll take my $250K salary instead.

Mr Obama campaigned that he would only increase taxes for those that make over $250,000.00.
Holy shit, you mean every smoker in the country just got a salary increase to $250K?

snip,

If everybody quit, think of all the poor children that would no longer receive health care funding. Think of all the tobacco farmers and cigarette company employees that would no longer have an income source.

I didn't say anyone else had to quit.. Merely that I'm too damned cheap to keep paying for them. :)

I didn't say anyone else had to quit.. Merely that I'm too damned cheap to keep paying for them. :)
You are so cold-hearted. Think of the poor children that need this funding for health care.

Me too! That did it. I'll save about $40 per week. Already gave up Starbucks, though didn't have that as bad. ;) Lucky me, I'm fine with nearly any coffee.

snip,

I am now so ashamed of myself for quitting.

You are so cold-hearted. Think of the poor children that need this funding for health care.

LMAO. Cold-hearted is likely the nicest thing I'll get called this week. :D

Me too! That did it. I'll save about $40 per week. Already gave up Starbucks, though didn't have that as bad. ;) Lucky me, I'm fine with nearly any coffee.

Shit. I frequent Starbucks so often I paid the $25 a year for their discount card in Dec. and have already saved the cost of the card.

LMAO. Cold-hearted is likely the nicest thing I'll get called this week. :D
I'll try to get back sometime during the week and call you tepid-hearted if it will make you feel better. :)

only a damn democrat could think of funding health care with coffin nails. That's rich isn't it?

only a damn democrat could think of funding health care with coffin nails. That's rich isn't it?

I personally find it quite entertaining that our government thinks the best way to fund something is by taxing a minority of the population that engages in said behavior. Maybe we should tax homosexuality to finance birth control.

And when more quite, they'll fund it how? :eusa_whistle: McDonald's and Netflix! (I heard they are still making money.)

rich, isn't it
raise the cost by adding a tax to it is an incentive to stop buying it
its the luxury tax debacle all over again

This is just the beginning of the new taxes, and fees. They're starting to talk about taxing a gallon of gas more because we are using less gas. They're trying to figure out how to tax the internet. They aren't going to miss an opportunity over the next 2 years min. Nancy Pelosi just last week said that they're going to take this nation in a new direction. Anybody want to venture just what she meant??

Last edited:
This is just the beginning of the new taxes, and fees. They're starting to talk about taxing a gallon of gas more because we are using less gas. They're trying to figure out how to tax the internet. They aren't going to miss an opportunity over the next 2 years min. Nancy Pelosi just last week said that they're going to take this nation in a new direction. Anybody want to venture just what she meant??

The same direction her giant tits point when she ain't wearing a bra.

The same direction her giant tits point when she ain't wearing a bra.
Now we know what dillo has been looking at:eek:

Forum List

Back