Did Hero McCain Chicken-out?

No, he didn't chicken out, and I wish some of you knuckleheads would read what's on the board before asking the same question one of your bretheren leftoids already asked.

BOTH McCain and Obama are sitting Senators -- McCain a senior one. I'm sure that boot Obama would be missed less, but they have a job to do and they need to do THAT first.

Or do you see campaigning for personal advancement as more important than dealing with a national econimic crisis? The answer to that should probably decide who is the next President.

McCain is the last person that could deal with economic issues. He still needs to be educated! Remember?:badgrin::eusa_boohoo:

Plus on Obama's energy Plan, I have two web Sites I am going to put here, one is Obama's Whole energy plan, which calls for mandated FLEX fuel in all new cars, upgrading new homes, hardly nothing with nuclear until they come up with a new way to store the by products. It also mentions very little of the vast amounts of coal , or natural gas we have in this country, other than at my count 4 fields. For a person that spends a lot of time with T-Boone Pickens he has not spent much time reading Pickens Plan. I will put both of their plans up so you can compare. The difference is pretty striking. Pickens say's in his plan we cannot just drill our way out of the problem but here is the keyword, he calls for the USE of ALL our resources to break our dependance on foreign oil.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/factsheet_energy_speech_080308.pdf

• Create New Job Training Programs for Clean Technologies. The Obama‐Biden plan will
increase funding for federal workforce training programs and direct these programs to
incorporate green technologies training, such as advanced manufacturing and weatherization training, into their efforts to help Americans find and retain stable, high‐paying jobs. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will also create an energy‐focused youth jobs program to invest in disconnected and disadvantaged youth. This program will provide youth participants with energy efficiency and environmental service opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of homes and buildings in their communities, while also providing them with practical skills and experience in important career fields of expected high‐growth employment. Participants will not only be able to use their training to find new jobs, but also build skills that will help them move up the career ladder over time.
Make our Cars, Trucks and SUV’s Fuel Efficient

Thats in the Obama Plan..

PickensPlan: The Plan

Natural gas is our country's second largest energy resource and a vital component of our energy supply. 98% of the natural gas used in the United States is from North America. But 70% of our oil is purchased from foreign nations.

Drilling will not solve the problem. We need to do away with foreign oil in the next ten years! Why leave T. Boone at the table, when he is part of the oil machine? That is the real solution.:clap2:

Last edited:
McCain is the last person that could deal with economic issues. He still needs to be educated! Remember?:badgrin::eusa_boohoo:

No, I don't remember. You don't really think I sit around like you committing bullshit to memory.

I know the bailout as it stands is unacceptable to me. Try again. I don't care who comes up with a viable solution just so long as one is come up with.

That would probably matter to you too if you could pry those partisan blinders off.

The campaigning should go on.

Neither Obmam or McCain are needed to deal with this crises.

What Americans need to KNOW is what they plan on doing once they're in office and right now we're not really sure, given how the socio-economic landscape is changing.

Obama was correct on energy conservation. Even McCain agreed with him on that. You are the one who is ignorant.

Obama was incorrect on energy conservation and the mentality of trying to force people to change to using an alternative source of energy that doesn't exist is just plain stupid.

The fact that YOU agree with him only more assures me that I am correct.

The campaigning should go on.

Neither Obmam or McCain are needed to deal with this crises.

What Americans need to KNOW is what they plan on doing once they're in office and right now we're not really sure, given how the socio-economic landscape is changing.

Disagree. Most people that will acutally vote probably know already who they will vote for or against. Campaigning is a formality. The economic crisis is not.

Drilling will not solve the problem. We need to do away with foreign oil in the next ten years! Why leave T. Boone at the table, when he is part of the oil machine? That is the real solution.:clap2:

Because he has the capability to move us to wind quicker.

The difference as I see it between McCain and Obama is Obama is more dedicated to getting us onto sustainables sooner.

you guys are political hacks, try being objective....

why did you not call obama a chicken for not having 10 townhall style debates/meetings with mccain?

Because the townhall bit was a waste of time.. Mac wanted requested Obama travel with him.. Obama's got his own strategy.. not to mention if you notice Mac actually stopped taking questions cause he sucked at it... What you're suggesting is that Obama change his strategy to fullfill the wishes of a crazy man...travelling around to republican strongholds with Mac would have been a stupid waste of his valuable time...

After seeing the events unfolding in Washington, he must have a feeling that it is better to not be president. Whoever the new president is, you are going to be tackling a recession, social security going red (exp>rev), the Russian aggression, rising gas prices, and a possible attack being staged by al-Qaeda. Expect the consequences of the last eight to rear its ugly head for the next four years.

Yeah, like Reagan did. One of the greatest presidents ever, if not the greatest.

green the point is to read the entire program of the two, If you don't drill domestically along with the implementation of the new technologies for energy that have a much longer lead time them the secone WON'T happen without the first. Let me give you an example, just how long you think, it's going to take an Obama administration to get the tooling, engineering, marketing, and resources in place just to put 1 million electric cars on the road in the next 4 years? Let's take a look at the Chevy Volt, for example, do you think every Joe Blow can afford a 50,000.00 electric car? Or the Honda HFV, last time I checked the only people getting those were movie stars.

l_c32d13e3264a44768769a0576fab8426.jpg

Forum List

Back