Did He Really Make A Difference?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Really?

Jesus, I mean.

Historic Jesus. Of Nazareth. Not contemporary Jesus, the guy who weed-whacks the office yard. You know.... the Flesh who He took on when God All Mighty graced the only World that we know of with His one and only visit, and dwelt among us 'till death.

Other than the obvious and documented uses of His Resurrection Story by Western 'Civilization' for the calendar and as a way to wield political power after Constantine used it so successfully, did Jesus really make a difference in how humans treated each other over the last 2,000 years, compared to the previous 8,000 'Godless' years? :eusa_think:

It seems that the sociopaths, freaks and industrial human abusers vying for resources and power since The Crucifixion couldn't possibly have been more cruel than humans were to each other 2,500 to 10,000 years ago.

I just don't see it... never really did, truth be told. Even when I was in 'His Family', chatting with Him daily, I was always forced to give Him a pass on His screaming silence to that particular question.

Let's face it... before Jesus, Alexander The Thug was a dick, but even his cruel and selfish life was as predictably human as any lived since. Other than the political aspect and the date on this post, how did Jesus change the World? :dunno:

"I saved a Nun's life! Why am I being punished?"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5IWvWmp5KE]The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon dancing with Amy - YouTube[/ame]

I don't doubt that at all. I've seen and felt the change that type of spirituality can have on an individual life myself.

I asked if Jesus made a difference in the World. Other than the map and the calendar we use today, did His Story change the way in which humanity conquered their World? I realize many an individual life has been deeply affected by the story of God taking on flesh and dwelling among us, but do any of you think we were spared a single war over resources?

Survival of the fittest certainly explains our history, and I don't see that the life of Jesus of Nazareth made a real difference in our evolution.

How? I say that the grab for resources as the world shrank and Sentience emerged would not have been any different had the story of Jesus stayed in the tomb.

Same shit, different God.

If He truly is God, why wasn't humanity fundamentally changed at the moment in history that marks His so very public visit?

How? I say that the grab for resources as the world shrank and Sentience emerged would not have been any different had the story of Jesus stayed in the tomb.

Same shit, different God.

If He truly is God, why wasn't humanity fundamentally changed at the moment in history that marks His so very public visit?

Because it wasn't supposed to. Christ came at the meridian of time to perform the Atonement.

The rule of righteousness comes at the millenium when Christ returns.

So the fact that humanity wasn't affected by a very public visit, death and resurrection by the God who took on flesh is proof that the story is true?

Kind of like Jazz, eh? It's the notes you don't hear that make it real?

What difference did the life of Jesus really make? Even the seemingly large numbers of individual lives that were supposedly changed in the name of Love changed nothing in our evolutionary march through religion and industrialization toward Sentience and the stars.

:dunno: Same shit, different God.... and the victors get to write the history. The evolution of this World is actually predictable and boring, when viewed from the outside, like an episode of "Wild Kingdom".

First, let it be clear that I am not part of any religion.

The effects of Christianity on society and the world cannot be denied. Although not every facet may be judged as positive, the overall effect has been revolutionary. To take just one example, the focus on the individual and the importance of choice is profound and of ultimate significance. If it were only for that, it would have been a great advance for humanity.
Of course, Jesus has little to do with what we commonly see of 'Christianity' in the present world stage.

Christianity clearly changed the world.

Whether it made it a kinder safer gentler world than it might have been otherwise is unknowable.

I kind of doubt it, though.

Of course Christianity changed the World politically. The religion of the victors usually does - I'm saying that God's alleged visit to the planet didn't change humanity. We treated each other like competitors to be destroyed before the visit and after the visit we industrialized the shitty way we treated each other in the name of profit, just like we were supposed to in the predictable course of our evolution.

Why didn't a very public visit from God All Mighty change humanity? The history doesn't fit the story.

The Jews were right about one thing... The development of the written word and advancing methods of preserving those written words as time marched on from The Crucifixion truly did change how humanity sees itself.

And The http://www.usmessageboard.com/philosophy/266556-word.html was God.

Buddha changed the world, too, without armies of any kind following after to conquer, yet people still act rather poorly in Buddhist lands.

Both men testify to a higher potential for humans. That glorifies and indicts at the same time.

The effects of Christianity on society and the world cannot be denied. Although not every facet may be judged as positive, the overall effect has been revolutionary. To take just one example, the focus on the individual and the importance of choice is profound and of ultimate significance. If it were only for that, it would have been a great advance for humanity.
Of course, Jesus has little to do with what we commonly see of 'Christianity' in the present world stage.

You are incorrect if you attribute that (bolded) to Christianity. But at least you seem to understand that 'Christianity' has often very little to do with the preaching of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels.

If we seperate Jesus from Christianity (he was a born a Jew) we look at the man himself.
Jesus preached Love and taught humanity to be humane.
Did he make a difference? Maybe so...do you treat others as you would have them treat you?

Really?

Jesus, I mean.

Historic Jesus. Of Nazareth. Not contemporary Jesus, the guy who weed-whacks the office yard. You know.... the Flesh who He took on when God All Mighty graced the only World that we know of with His one and only visit, and dwelt among us 'till death.

Other than the obvious and documented uses of His Resurrection Story by Western 'Civilization' for the calendar and as a way to wield political power after Constantine used it so successfully, did Jesus really make a difference in how humans treated each other over the last 2,000 years, compared to the previous 8,000 'Godless' years? :eusa_think:

It seems that the sociopaths, freaks and industrial human abusers vying for resources and power since The Crucifixion couldn't possibly have been more cruel than humans were to each other 2,500 to 10,000 years ago.

I just don't see it... never really did, truth be told. Even when I was in 'His Family', chatting with Him daily, I was always forced to give Him a pass on His screaming silence to that particular question.

Let's face it... before Jesus, Alexander The Thug was a dick, but even his cruel and selfish life was as predictably human as any lived since. Other than the political aspect and the date on this post, how did Jesus change the World? :dunno:

"I saved a Nun's life! Why am I being punished?"
The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon dancing with Amy - YouTube

If he hadn't made a difference you wouldn't be talking about him.

what would have changed for mankind for "the better" would have been if JC had not been crucified -

instead what the year Zero represents is Injustice as the lasting affect that is inimical to a Spiritual World and must be absolved for the religion of God, Remission to be accomplished - is why it is remembered.

You are incorrect if you attribute that (bolded) to Christianity. But at least you seem to understand that 'Christianity' has often very little to do with the preaching of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels.

Jesus' emphasis transferred a bit to the organization.

Forum List

Back