Did grilled brisket for the first time this weekend

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
and it came out amazing!
I plan on doing a rib eye loin soon and thought this would be a cheap training exercise as they have to be cooked perfectly as well. Although a ribeye might be a tad more forgiving (from what I have read)
6 hours on low, indirect heat on grill and a couple hours in oven at 300 degrees. Once the internal temp was 195, I took it out and let it sit for an hour or so
AMAZING
My "mop" sauce" was killer. Dos X dark beer, a shot of tequila, ketchup, brown sugar, cayenne, black pepper, garlic and apple butter. Boiled it for a minute or two and it was ready to be mopped!

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
and it came out amazing!
I plan on doing a rib eye loin soon and thought this would be a cheap training exercise as they have to be cooked perfectly as well. Although a ribeye might be a tad more forgiving (from what I have read)
6 hours on low, indirect heat on grill and a couple hours in oven at 300 degrees. Once the internal temp was 195, I took it out and let it sit for an hour or so
AMAZING
My "mop" sauce" was killer. Dos X dark beer, a shot of tequila, ketchup, brown sugar, cayenne, black pepper, garlic and apple butter. Boiled it for a minute or two and it was ready to be mopped!

Thanks TNH!

Grilled brisket==yum

Man, that sounds good. I'm going to be doing pulled pork this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. For rib eyes, I'd do a reverse sear. It gives you incredible control over how well done you want it.

Man, that sounds good. I'm going to be doing pulled pork this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. For rib eyes, I'd do a reverse sear. It gives you incredible control over how well done you want it.
searing steaks is crucial. The best sear, IMO, is to freeze the meat for about thirty minutes and throw it on a fire or in a hot skillet for a minute or so on each side. The freezing brings all the salts to the surface and gives it a good crust!
I know people say the best is to bring the meat to room temp, but I disagree.

Forum List

Back