Did George W Bush save the world?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Obviously not something you would expect me to say, I'm about as big of a Bush fan as I am a country music fan. BUT, one must look at all of the New Year's Eve celebrations and wonder "What if?"

What if Bush had stuck to his fiscal conservative values and not bailed out AIG, not bailed out the big banks, not bailed out Ford and GM. How bad would this crisis have been in comparison if we would have seen every single major bank fall, including JP Morgan, Bank of America and so on. Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley would've gone under and unemployment would surely be in the double digits by now. Our entire economy could have collapsed.

Do you think George W. Bush saved us or do you think he delayed the inevitable? Also, what do you think are the consequences of the government writing 7 trillion dollars worth of checks to prop up our economy?

Yeah, didn't you see the video of it?

Apparently somebody had tied the world to a railroad track and Bush II got it off just in the nick of time.

It was damned close, man.

Yeah! Bush II.

Obviously not something you would expect me to say, I'm about as big of a Bush fan as I am a country music fan. BUT, one must look at all of the New Year's Eve celebrations and wonder "What if?"

What if Bush had stuck to his fiscal conservative values and not bailed out AIG, not bailed out the big banks, not bailed out Ford and GM. How bad would this crisis have been in comparison if we would have seen every single major bank fall, including JP Morgan, Bank of America and so on. Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley would've gone under and unemployment would surely be in the double digits by now. Our entire economy could have collapsed.

Do you think George W. Bush saved us or do you think he delayed the inevitable? Also, what do you think are the consequences of the government writing 7 trillion dollars worth of checks to prop up our economy?

No, everything Bush and the 110th Congress have done has only put off the inevitable, and will make it worse in the long run. Had he not bailed out anybody and allowed the market to correct itself we would have had a bad period for a little while, but not as bad as it's going to be.

No, everything Bush and the 110th Congress have done has only put off the inevitable, and will make it worse in the long run. Had he not bailed out anybody and allowed the market to correct itself we would have had a bad period for a little while, but not as bad as it's going to be.

[youtube]C1-rfiVXAUs[/youtube]

:eusa_whistle:

Do you think Bush noticed the US Treasury and American Taxpayers have been robbed of $ 8,500,000,000,000.00 since the middle of September?

Do you think Bush noticed the US Treasury and American Taxpayers have been robbed of $ 8,500,000,000,000.00 since the middle of September?

We added another trillion to that in the past month? Wow. Go us. Spending trillions like it's nothing. Anyone know what comes after trillion?

He does get some credit for trying to fix what he and Congress did wrong.

We added another trillion to that in the past month? Wow. Go us. Spending trillions like it's nothing. Anyone know what comes after trillion?

I think it's a Quadrillion, 8.5 trillion dollars is half the countries annual GDP! We and our children have to pay it back with interest. The Fed creates money from nothing - a real racket.

The private Federal Reserve that created the money was sued by Bloomberg News demanding for them to disclose where the first 2.5 trillion went. The private bank refused to tell us! They claim it's a TRADE SECRET. These crooks need arrested NOW.

The talk on the street says the Fed gave it to their banker buddies. They in turn have taken the dollars and converted them to foreign currency and deposited the money over seas. This puts them (the terrorist bankers) in position to buy up the country for pennies on the dollar after they kill the dollar.

The Obama team is worse then the bush team (they work for the bankers) - we are in for some real crisis this year

I think it's a Quadrillion, 8.5 trillion dollars is half the countries annual GDP! We and our children have to pay it back with interest. The Fed creates money from nothing - a real racket.

The private Federal Reserve that created the money was sued by Bloomberg News demanding for them to disclose where the first 2.5 trillion went. The private bank refused to tell us! They claim it's a TRADE SECRET. These crooks need arrested NOW.

The talk on the street says the Fed gave it to their banker buddies. They in turn have taken the dollars and converted them to foreign currency and deposited the money over seas. This puts them (the terrorist bankers) in position to buy up the country for pennies on the dollar after they kill the dollar.

The Obama team is worse then the bush team (they work for the bankers) - we are in for some real crisis this year

It was Fox Business News, actually. I wonder why that story hasn't gotten as much play as it should from the liberal media. You'd think they'd be all about suing Bush and his cronies.

It was Fox Business News, actually. I wonder why that story hasn't gotten as much play as it should from the liberal media. You'd think they'd be all about suing Bush and his cronies.

Bloomberg was the party that sued the Fed.

The MSM , like Washington, both parties and all branches, are owned by the same criminals.

It's called the New Kleptocracy. A chosen few are being setup to OWN the frickin country.

Listen to this Dr Michael Hudson interview. The guys got it pegged. He was to be Kucinich's Sec of Treasury if he got elected (I know - fat chance)

http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=28790

http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=28908

Last edited:
GW saved the Iraqi people from a murdering dictator.

GW has protected our nation from terrorist attacks, after Clinton's blunders opened the door for 9/11 to take place.

GW made a real effort for AIDS in Africa.

GW opened the door to more top posts for Blacks than anyone else and that helped make the nation more accepting, to elect Obama.

GW made it through 8 years with no sex scandals.

.........& yes, GW helped bail out and bunch of poorly managed corporations and funds, ran by crooks. Well I guess he is entitled to one mistake.

GW saved the Iraqi people from a murdering dictator.

GW has protected our nation from terrorist attacks, after Clinton's blunders opened the door for 9/11 to take place.

GW made a real effort for AIDS in Africa.

GW opened the door to more top posts for Blacks than anyone else and that helped make the nation more accepting, to elect Obama.

GW made it through 8 years with no sex scandals.

.........& yes, GW helped bail out and bunch of poorly managed corporations and funds, ran by crooks. Well I guess he is entitled to one mistake.

GW was president when 9/11 occurred, not Clinton.

GW destroyed Iraq. They barely have basic services now.

GW appointed a frat buddy head of FEMA and during Katrina it showed.

GW allowed businesses to go unregulated for eight years, so they could rob us blind.

GW destroyed America's standing in the world by making us the country of prison camps and torture.

GW lowered taxes for the rich and borrowed $700 billion dollars from China to fund the invasion of Iraq.

GW increased the National Debt by TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

GW will go down in history as our worst president ever.

Boy Chris are you this stupid. You really missed that?

Dear God you rent to much space in your head to hating Bush and conservatives.

What a pitiful little man you are.

Try reading the last line again.

WHAT fiscal conservative values? Are we speaking of the same GWB who is currently our President?

GW was president when 9/11 occurred, not Clinton.

GW destroyed Iraq. They barely have basic services now.

GW appointed a frat buddy head of FEMA and during Katrina it showed.

GW allowed businesses to go unregulated for eight years, so they could rob us blind.

GW destroyed America's standing in the world by making us the country of prison camps and torture.

GW lowered taxes for the rich and borrowed $700 billion dollars from China to fund the invasion of Iraq.

GW increased the National Debt by TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

GW will go down in history as our worst president ever.

Stop spamming every thread you can with this drivel. I'm sick of seeing the same old unsupported, bullshit one-liners from your dumb ass.

WHAT fiscal conservative values? Are we speaking of the same GWB who is currently our President?

There's the $1.4 tillion question, isn't it?

Fiscal conservatives?

Please...

How long before our resident die hard partisans understand that basically we have one party --the part of the haves -- divided into two teams?

Money is a manmade tool.

Since it is being manipulated on behalf of a very very very small subset of this nation's population, concepts like fiscal conservatism are very little more than a delusion.

The laws of economics do NOT work like the laws of science, folks.

Get that delusion out of your heads.

Money is not VALUE.

LET THE TURD POLISHING BEGIN, oh peoples of the GOP!

Where else did you see anyone talking about the end of the world if we didn't initiate all the bailouts, besides the MSM?

Forum List

Back