Did Donald Trump ruin Justin Trudeau's political career as Prime Minister of Canada?

Of course Trump knows he’s lying about Canada trade

MW-GF564_trump__20180315134318_ZH.jpg

Everyone in the media is giddy about President Donald Trump’s admission that he made up a “fact” that the United States has a trade deficit with Canada without checking the real facts, which show otherwise.

Trump doesn’t care what the facts are, and neither do his supporters.

How Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau copes with Trump's lies

So Trump stands up in front of the world and lies. Then the Prime Minister of Canada tries to correct him and Trump without saying the word, calls him a liar.
And of course, it's Trump who is lying.

So instead of standing up for the integrity of telling the truth, the Prime Minister of Canada cowers and shrinks back.

Did this cost him his political career? Would you vote for him after he looked like a chicken?
The tariffs on Canadian lumber have already sent lumber prices up in Maine. It's only been a week. Hold on to your hats, everybody.

Hooray for higher taxes!

Everyone in the media is giddy about President Donald Trump’s admission that he made up a “fact” that the United States has a trade deficit with Canada without checking the real facts, which show otherwise.

So Trump stands up in front of the world and lies. Then the Prime Minister of Canada tries to correct him and Trump without saying the word, calls him a liar.

So instead of standing up for the integrity of telling the truth, the Prime Minister of Canada cowers and shrinks back.

Did this cost him his political career? Would you vote for him after he looked like a chicken?
The tariffs on Canadian lumber have already sent lumber prices up in Maine. It's only been a week. Hold on to your hats, everybody.

Common knowledge lumber prices were already up on short supplies due to builders stocking up for the busiest construction season in years. MAGA!!!!!!
I heard it on the news this a.m. Don't know why we're short on supplies, though. I had a feeling this would happen when they closed a lot of the paper mills.

Common knowledge lumber prices were already up on short supplies due to builders stocking up for the busiest construction season in years. MAGA!!!!!!
I heard it on the news this a.m. Don't know why we're short on supplies, though. I had a feeling this would happen when they closed a lot of the paper mills.

I read it on Barchart a few days ago.

Last edited:

Good essay.

I don't know about you, but when I talk to friends overseas, they all in one way or another echo sentiments such as these:

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but no one is entitled to their own set of facts”

Trump blows that up. The facts are irrelevant, at least to his supporters, which may include 40% of the public...The right-wing media — Fox News, Breitbart, InfoWars, Town Hall, etc. — aren’t so devout about facts. Meanwhile, the mainstream media is still stuck in the mentality of my first editor, who made sure I’d verified that the Smith in my story was spelled S-M-I-T-H. These days, Smith is spelled however Trump wants it to be. And if you don’t like it, you’re using a “fake dictionary.” In this tribal warfare, disregard for the facts is a powerful weapon against those of us who believe, as the Founding Fathers did, that reason is the foundation of democracy.
...And then they ask, "WTF is going on in your country? How did you not know there were that many flaming idiots, prats and disaffected degerates among your citizenry?" They're genuinely concerned that Trump may initiate the first nuclear world war.

Did this cost him his political career?
No.

Would you vote for him after he looked like a chicken?
Rational voters don't care much about that sort of thing. They may joke about it, but at the end of the day, they want leaders who are competent, conscientious, coherent and cogent, not cockamamey ones who are contumelious and contumacious.

Trump doesn’t care what the facts are
Not in the least.
Trump: I own

Did anyone else notice Trump catching himself about to say "It's gonna be..." right after he was asked where is his house in Charlottesville. Then he stuttered for half-a beat and the winery became the house, or maybe the house became the winery....

From the Trump Winery website:

Aside:
And you know Donald and Eric will swear Trump (Eric's) wines are "all that and a bag of chips." Well, they're definitely not bad... but while the "regular guy on the street" won't notice much difference between a 90-rated wine and a 95-rated wine, he'll notice a difference between a 90 and an 80 to 87, enough that he'd be okay with it for $10, especially after the third glass (lol), but not so much for $25+.
So, if you don't mind paying twice what you need to get a better wine,Eric's wines are okay as "vin de table."

Why did bother sharing the above? A couple friends dropped by with some Trump wine and bubbly, so I drank it. I'm not a "sophisticated" wine drinker. You're not going to hear me talking about wine having
"a black currant nose that on the palate blossoms delightfully into notes of of elderberry, jasmine and nutmeg, resolving finally in lingering notes of apricot, verbena, eucalyptus and sh*t on a stick."

I drink wine from time to time. I can tell really good wine; it doesn't have that mordant quality my adolescent tastebuds didn't like but that I now will tolerate. I can tell bad wine. My ratings on wine are:
  1. Oh, wow, this is really good.
  2. It's good. I like it.
  3. I'm drinking it....It's okay.
  4. Do you have ginger ale or 7-Up? Perrier and 2 tbls of sugar is fine too.
  5. Are you sure this isn't corked?
I'd put the Trump wines squarely in the upper 2-range for the bubbly and the 2-to-3-range for the cab and low-3 for the chardonnay. The cab is a wine I wouldn't choose to buy, yet I'd be fine with drinking it if I received it as a party gift or someone offered me a glass. I'd put it in the upper end of "3." The chardonnay -- fair warning: I'm not that keen on chardonnay in the first place, so I only want to drink really, really good ones -- if I had it again, I'd consider turning it into a spritzer.

FWIW, Eric's wines are about what one'd expect from VA wines, so it's not as though his products are out of line for what they are. They just are priced too high. And they're certainly not the greatest wines.

His winery is the largest one in VA.

Lastly, I wouldn't believe a damn thing Donald Trump says about wine. For however unsophisticated be my palate, I do at least drink. Donald does not. I know, one can taste and spit, but doing that one misses the back of the throat part of the taste that only happens after swallowing.​

Last edited:
Oh please, presidents play dress up all the time.

Saudi Arabia Plans To Increase Executions After Trump Visit

1*Fxwo1SDObaVpxYgcEM680w.png

Trump putting on fancy jewelry from the hands of a murderer.
Still, I can''t imagine Trump wearing a towel on his head. With Obama and Trudeau, it seems natural.
Trump doesn't want to mess his hair up.

But he does play dress up. If Putin tells him to that is. Putin speaks, Trump jumps.

3-37.jpg
Looks like a wedding picture.

Oh please, presidents play dress up all the time.

Saudi Arabia Plans To Increase Executions After Trump Visit

1*Fxwo1SDObaVpxYgcEM680w.png

Trump putting on fancy jewelry from the hands of a murderer.
Still, I can''t imagine Trump wearing a towel on his head. With Obama and Trudeau, it seems natural.
Oh yeah. The orange bashed Saudi Arabia on the camaign trail all day and everyday. Right after his inauguration he ran over to dance and hold a sword with the Saudi and calling them all sweet words.

I've noticed the increase here in Texas. I build my own stuff and it has increased in cost.

Trudeau was asked about this by reporters at home. Truduea’s response was that there was no point in starting anything at that meeting. Watch how things turn out, not what he says to the President.

Notice there were no tariffs imposed on Canadian goods.

Forum List

Back