Did Clarence Thomas cheat on his taxes?

Supreme Court: Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income - latimes.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank on financial disclosure forms for at least five years, the watchdog group Common Cause said Friday.

Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, earned $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, according to a Common Cause review of the foundation's IRS records. Thomas failed to note the income in his Supreme Court financial disclosure forms for those years, instead checking a box labeled "none" where "spousal noninvestment income" would be disclosed.

I guess it wasnt taxes but disclosure information.

In other words he hid her activities from the American people so he would not have to recuse himself from cases.

Lying to the American people just warms the cockles of your heart dont it.

"Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income".
The headline clearly states "reportedly". This indicates speculation. This also is typical of the garbage that passes for journalism today.
Some writer with an agenda or a bug up his ass about black conservatives decides he has heard a story that came from an unknown source that seemed credible enough to print.
Used to be that in order for a story to hit the news it had to be corroborated by at least three credible sources. No more. These sons of bitches will report anything THEY decide is news and to get around libel they report "sources say"....What sources?
If someone wants to make a charge, go right ahead and let the chips fall where they may.
We know exactly what this is. People will read this, decide Justice Thomas is guilty and no matter what the outcome of any investigation, Thomas reputation will suffer. What happens to the reporter if he or she is wrong? Nothing. The media circles the wagons and hides behind the First Amendment and the shield laws protecting anonymous sources used by reporters. Bullshit.

how can a question be a lie?

Oh, I can have so much fun with this. If questions aren't lies.....

Standby for Romper Room.

People get accused of lying all the time when I ask questions. One I can think of right off the top of my head is, "Why is Obama hiding his birth certificate?" Just a question, yet obviously a lie.
That's a different kind of question that implies a fact...such as asking someone, why do you beat your wife?

A comparable question, which wouldn't be a lie, is did Obama hide his birth certificate?

Anyway, the potential fact that Thomas hid information regarding a potential conflict of interest is a much more serious charge than avoiding paying taxes...

Has the IRS come after him?

Is not why not?

Another case, I suspect, where we're not getting the whole story.

Forum List

Back