Did Clarence Thomas cheat on his taxes?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Supreme Court: Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income - latimes.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank on financial disclosure forms for at least five years, the watchdog group Common Cause said Friday.

Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, earned $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, according to a Common Cause review of the foundation's IRS records. Thomas failed to note the income in his Supreme Court financial disclosure forms for those years, instead checking a box labeled "none" where "spousal noninvestment income" would be disclosed.

I guess it wasnt taxes but disclosure information.

In other words he hid her activities from the American people so he would not have to recuse himself from cases.

Lying to the American people just warms the cockles of your heart dont it.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Why did he pretend his wife did not make over 100,000 a year from a right wing think tank?

Why did he pretend his wife did not make over 100,000 a year from a right wing think tank?

The signs are there......we've lost Brother Clarence. He's gone over to the dark side.

God, I hate Washington..........

I have met both Clarence Thomas and his wife. They are fine people, deserving of high praise and high office. Has the court taken up an issue regarding this group in the last five years? No. The OP is just a smear campaign by our resident hack.

So because you met him and agree with his politics its ok for him to lie to the people?

Before we jump to conclusions, has it been determined how his taxes were filed?

There is a known and well-documented issue with TurboTax and the DC withholding schedules.

So because you met him and agree with his politics its ok for him to lie to the people?

You lie all the time. Seriously, think about how you come cross.

He didn't cheat on his taxes, there was a lack of disclosure on a job held by his WIFE. Thomas is a conservative, he votes conservative, his wife's job (among others) is at a conservative group. He isn't going to decide with a conservative opinion because of some job his wife has. Again, was there even one situation where he decided a case that involved her employer? No.

Because I have met him, I understand that he is highly principled and well grounded in how the average American lives. He and his wife are highly intelligent. We are a fortunate nation to have them. It was not a lie, but an omission. One that has not been proven to be deliberate in any way.

He broke the rules and you are defending him because hes right wing.

Supreme Court: Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income - latimes.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank on financial disclosure forms for at least five years, the watchdog group Common Cause said Friday.

Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, earned $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, according to a Common Cause review of the foundation's IRS records. Thomas failed to note the income in his Supreme Court financial disclosure forms for those years, instead checking a box labeled "none" where "spousal noninvestment income" would be disclosed.

I guess it wasnt taxes but disclosure information.

In other words he hid her activities from the American people so he would not have to recuse himself from cases.

Lying to the American people just warms the cockles of your heart dont it.

Fuck you, racist......

You lie all the time. Seriously, think about how you come cross.

He didn't cheat on his taxes, there was a lack of disclosure on a job held by his WIFE. Thomas is a conservative, he votes conservative, his wife's job (among others) is at a conservative group. He isn't going to decide with a conservative opinion because of some job his wife has. Again, was there even one situation where he decided a case that involved her employer? No.

Because I have met him, I understand that he is highly principled and well grounded in how the average American lives. He and his wife are highly intelligent. We are a fortunate nation to have them. It was not a lie, but an omission. One that has not been proven to be deliberate in any way.

It goes far beyond taxes. Im not saying this is the absolute truth but it deserves a look into.

Liberal nonprofit Common Cause is asking the Department of Justice to investigate Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia in relation to the Citzens United Supreme Court case, arguing that their decision in the case raised "serious questions about the impartiality of" both justices.

"It appears both justices have participated in political strategy sessions, perhaps while the case was pending, with corporate leaders whose political aims were advanced by the decision," writes Common Cause President and CEO Bob Edgar in a petition to the Justice Department filed this week.
Liberal Group: Investigate Scalia and Thomas Over Citizens United Conflicts of Interest - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

how sad you refuse to hold your own side to any standards you would hold the other side to

Forum List

Back