Did Chrysler play politics with dealer closings?

The beauty of Obama's drones is that they can readily migrate from denial to justification, when need be.

And then there's me who has consistently denied this phony crap because I consistently noted that car dealerships consistently lean Republican.

You HAVE no valid argument at this point, sweetie.

Conspiracy theory du jour. What a bunch of crap. Don't these people have anything better to do than try to bring down Obama with this kind of nonsense? Seems to me there's enough right in their faces to smack him down for without having to expend enormous amounts of time digging up dirt that eventually will just go into the trash bin like all the rest.

It's a given that established big businesses have traditionally supported Republican candidates. But I am surprised at the "list" and the amount of the donations. You mean those dealerships were <gasp> BUNDLING campaign contributions so they could escape the legal limits? OMG!!!! How many rants did I see against Obama during the campaign for that very thing?

Just wondering, did you voice the same sarcastic " OMG!!!!" when you first heard about Nixon's enemies list?

"Posts at RedState, Reliapundit, American Thinker, Gateway Pundit, Joey Smith and Doug Ross pointed intitially at the remarkable number of closed Chrysler dealerships whose owners happen to have been contributors to Obama opponents, mainly Republicans."
Is Obama closing GOP-leaning car dealers? Opinion Articles - Mark Tapscott | Editorials on Top News Stories | Washington Examiner

Nixon's enemies list were all names who had potential political influence, dear. And your list of sites discussing this are all right-wing. Surprise surprise.

So what kind of enemies list would be justifiable for Obama?

And that fifty thirty eight did not deal with closed vs. non closed dealers.

Being picked up, more and more. Lots of links, BTW Tapscott is a MSM reporter:

Furor grows over partisan car dealer closings | Washington Examiner

Furor grows over partisan car dealer closings
By: MARK TAPSCOTT
Editorial Page Editor
05/27/09 3:37 PM EDT
Evidence appears to be mounting that the Obama administration has systematically targeted for closing Chrysler dealers who contributed to Repubicans. What started earlier this week as mainly a rumbling on the Right side of the Blogosphere has gathered some steam today with revelations that among the dealers being shut down are a GOP congressman and closing of competitors to a dealership chain partly owned by former Clinton White House chief of staff Mack McLarty.

The basic issue raised here is this: How do we account for the fact millions of dollars were contributed to GOP candidates by Chrysler who are being closed by the government, but only one has been found so far that is being closed that contributed to the Obama campaign in 2008?

Florida Rep. Vern Buchanan learned from a House colleague that his Venice, Florida, dealership is on the hit list. Buchanan also has a Nissan franchise paired with the Chrysler facility in Venice.

"It's an outrage. It's not about me. I'm going to be fine," said Buchanan, the dealership's majority owner. "You're talking over 100,000 jobs. We're supposed to be in the business of creating jobs, not killing jobs," Buchanan told News 10, a local Florida television station.
Buchanan, who succeeded former Rep. Katharine Harris in 2006, reportedly learned of his dealership's termination from Rep.Candace Miller, R-MI. Buchanan owns a total of 23 dealerships in Florida and North Carolina.

Also fueling the controversy is the fact the RLJ-McCarty-Landers chain of Arkansas and Missouri dealerships aren't being closed, but many of their local competitors are being eliminated. Go here for a detailed look at this situation. McClarty is the former Clinton senior aide. The "J" is Robert Johnson, founder of the Black Entertainment Television, a heavy Democratic contributor.

Wow. If this continues to build, and more evidence mounts, it will prove an extremely volatile and difficult story for the Obama White House and Democrat Congress.

Good Lord - how could anyone support this kind of blatant abuse by government?

Wouldn't it have been neat if just ONE dealer who was a big Obama donor got closed down?

But, none did. In fact, one was massively helped, most all his competition was closed down!

Can you not smell that rot?

I keep telling ya that businesses like that support Republicans. My brother-in-law owns a used truck dealership where you'll still find photographs of George & Laura on his bulletin board, even though he's poor as a churchmouse these days and struggling to get by. The same brother-in-law once owned a Ford dealership and then a snowmobile dealership, but he's not a good money manager and lost both, filing for bankruptcy after the latter failed. But he's still a die-hard Republican.

so your position is that every car dealer is a republican?

The large majority of them are.

You mean a bunch of black guys who flunk a firefigter test is evidence the test is racist but a bunch of Republican donors who get their Chrysler dealerships taken away by a Democrat President is not evidence it was political?

Where is that twit Nik when I need him/her?

You are comparing a percentage (the problem in the Ricci case) to a flat number (the issue here). Surely even you know the difference, yes?

I keep telling ya that businesses like that support Republicans. My brother-in-law owns a used truck dealership where you'll still find photographs of George & Laura on his bulletin board, even though he's poor as a churchmouse these days and struggling to get by. The same brother-in-law once owned a Ford dealership and then a snowmobile dealership, but he's not a good money manager and lost both, filing for bankruptcy after the latter failed. But he's still a die-hard Republican.

so your position is that every car dealer is a republican?

The large majority of them are.

and you know this how, exactly?

Forum List

Back