CDZ Did Britain try to exchange freedom for security, and end up giving up both?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
British people have more cameras watching them in London than just about any city in the world....they now find themselves in a position where it is against the law to defend themselves from attack, if they do anything that might harm their attacker.....they have given up their right to keep and bear arms....

And with all of that, what do they have...

increased violent crime across the entire country.

increased gun crime in the major cities......

Did they really achieve anything by giving up their freedom?

Well in truth there is a city with more cameras then London. They don't have the electric at the moment to run them
And government is in fact getting ready to restore gun rights to party loyalists only!

Venezuela

And we all know how well things are working there right?

British people have more cameras watching them in London than just about any city in the world....they now find themselves in a position where it is against the law to defend themselves from attack, if they do anything that might harm their attacker.....they have given up their right to keep and bear arms....

"Did you exchange a walk-on part in a war for a lead role in a cage?"
- Pink Floyd

Quite possibly. I have long considered laws against harming those in the process of harming you ridiculous. If it is so in England it then it is.

On a relatedish note.

My good brother in law's kids came how from the neighbor's complaining about how Mrs "Jones" slapped her son for doing something wrong. My brother in law said, "well you better behave while you are over there then".

I Would give medals out to anyone who stopped a purse snatcher not punish them. Then again, I am not part of the kinder christian movement.

Quite possibly. I have long considered laws against harming those in the process of harming you ridiculous. If it is so in England it then it is.

On a relatedish note.

My good brother in law's kids came how from the neighbor's complaining about how Mrs "Jones" slapped her son for doing something wrong. My brother in law said, "well you better behave while you are over there then".

I Would give medals out to anyone who stopped a purse snatcher not punish them. Then again, I am not part of the kinder christian movement.
------------------------------------------------------------ i don't think that this has anything to do with' christian' anything does it Toronado ??

-------------------------------------------------------anyway , in response to the original post , let me say GOOD !! Feck those limey wankers . They deserve what they get !! see 'tom1 taints' posts to see why they deserve what they get !!

On a relatedish note.

------------------------------------------------------------ i don't think that this has anything to do with' christian' anything does it Toronado ??

The best inspiration I can think of for well, turning the other cheek, is that kinder gentler hippie Jesus stuff. Me, I figure if they are out mugging people and they get shot, stabbed or whatever, whatever.

The Brits don't have a tradition of carrying firearms for protection.
It's not as if the law changes disarmed the population.

certainly not true , see the 'british' gun turn in where the queens boy 'tony blair' and other official wankers confiscated handguns IBD !!Think it was 1998 wasn't it . ------------ as far as TRADITION , i believe that the brits had the RIGHT to arms as ALLOWED by law or some such silly language IBD .

just some info for you IBD . --- --- similar happened to 'aussie' subject in the late 90s i think . You'd probably know you being close to 'australia' IBD .

Forum List

Back