Did Billy Graham get a message from God?

Graham has more than a hot line to GOD,he is at his door steps.

I am sure the Veil is very thin between him and the Lord right now. I hope that Billy is learning alot from the Lord in the final days/months/years of his mortal probation. I have no doubt that the Lord has much to show him, especiall when he gets to the other side. I am confident he will be working with the others in preparation of Christ's return.

Well, every theology has it's own mythology. Instead of hollering about pie in the sky, these Christians would do well to spread a little of that pie amonst the folks living around them right now.

You're reading something into my post that wasn't written there. AND you didn't address the question.

So, Romney visits Billy Graham and suddenly, almost MIRACULOUSLY, Graham's evangelical group removes Mormonism from their cult list after how many years? Don't you think an explanation of one kind or another is warranted? I mean, did the Lord speak to Graham? Or was this a decision made by a man (or men) based on worldly concerns?

Well you're implying something....go ahead and spit it out.....Maybe Mitt showed mormons werent weird, there is a lot of misinformation about them, just like many religions (I know plenty and am fine with them and im a very very conservative baptist), I dont know...some people think Catholics are a cult....again I dont....my wife is catholic....

So, you think that Billy Graham never met another Mormon before in his life?

Or that people who work for him haven't read the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrines and Covenants and other Mormon writings, as well as studying the history of Mormonism, and were unable to make a determination about whether it was a cult or not.

Nope, all they needed was one visit from Mitt Romney to realize that he's really the last chance the Whacky Christian Right has to exert any influence in this country before the GOP turns into a regional party.

To us non-believers, all religions are cults...shrug..

Not to me.

I'm an atheist, and I see a difference between a religion and a cult.

A cult is something that allows no dissent or disagreement on theology, that attempts to exert as much control on its members as humanly possible.

So in Mormonism, you have temple garments (derisively referred to as "magic underwear") you are required to wear. Young men are required to go on missionary work, even if it puts their parents in debt. You are required to tithe to the Church. You are required to give your "Testimony" at the drop of a hat. In short, it's a cult.

With other religions, you have "Devout" Catholics, "Orthodox" Jews and "Evagelical" Protestants, who are more into it than others who just see their church as a nice place to have a wedding.

MOrmonism, like other cults, you are either all in or you're not.

That's the 800 pound gorilla in the room . Christians are not going to drop all teachings about mormons to vote for romney , some will the rest will stay home .

Maybe that's the whole point. Graham is trying to help clear the evangelical Christian deck to make Romney acceptable to Christian voters who've heard for a lifetime that Mormonism is a cult and therefore unbiblical.
"This is Billy Graham speaking (for God, of course). Hey, you Christians out there... All that stuff I've been saying for years about Mormonism? Forget it! Forget it ALL! They're not a cult like I've been saying for my entire adult life. They's Christians just like we is. So, uh, you can vote for the Mormon guy, and you don't have to worry about going to hell. But if a Jehovah's Witness or a Scientologist ever runs for president, don't vote for THEM. They're DEFINITELY cults. Billy Graham, over and out"

Someone asked me if I wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness once, and I told them I didn't see the accident.

I think what you mean is that your caricature of the "GOPs" Evangelical movement just collapsed.

That's what you don't seem to understand. Your view of it was a straw man you created.

Caricature? I know those people personally, hundreds of them, all over the country. I work alongside them all the time. Heck I'm a member of a leading Evangelical denomination! I know them to universally be decent, upright, concerned, dedicated men and women of God who have been led astray by the promise of a political solution to what is, at heart, a spiritual problem. With this election, they have now been led into the morass of spiritual compromise and they don't even see it, let alone understand how they got there.

Last edited:
Well you're implying something....go ahead and spit it out.....Maybe Mitt showed mormons werent weird, there is a lot of misinformation about them, just like many religions (I know plenty and am fine with them and im a very very conservative baptist), I dont know...some people think Catholics are a cult....again I dont....my wife is catholic....

So, you think that Billy Graham never met another Mormon before in his life?

Or that people who work for him haven't read the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrines and Covenants and other Mormon writings, as well as studying the history of Mormonism, and were unable to make a determination about whether it was a cult or not.

Nope, all they needed was one visit from Mitt Romney to realize that he's really the last chance the Whacky Christian Right has to exert any influence in this country before the GOP turns into a regional party.

Romney and the White Horse Prophecy?

Forum List

Back