Did Bama LOSE???? was asleep

or I should say: was sleeping it off

Pissed that I missed the Bama/Texas A & M game.

That shakes things up in the BCS.

Yep, now they will have to splain how Bama gets into the NCG with one loss while the other no loss teams get snubbed. It should be entertaining.

Looks like Bama just has to beat GA in the SEC Championship to get to the BCS Championship.

Do you still need it "splained"?

Right, Alabama just backed into the BCS by beating, whoa...that power house ....Western Carolina.
I put the Red Tide in about 6th after another win over.....who?

Seems like all the SEC teams took the week off and padded their records by beating team that play SEC team for the money. Shame on both teams.

I just looked over the SEC OOC schedules, they are rather weak and I don't understand how everyone is guaranteeing that the SEC gets one of their 1 loss teams into the title, especially if there are other 1 loss teams in other conferences.

I understand the argument of scheduling light OOC because of the difficulty of the in-conference games but this is more suitable for the BBALL NCAA tournament, with 64 teams making the cut rather than a short, 12 game football season culminating in a single game national championship.

I'm not saying the SEC is a weak conference but unless they play a Big Boy OOC game on the road once in a while they shouldn't get a shot at the title if other teams of similar records win a tougher OOC slate as well as beating teams in their own conference that have won a tougher OOC slate.

Now, I haven't looked at the other conferences so maybe every BCS conference schedules all light OOC but why are SEC teams playing FCS teams this late in the season?

Last edited:
I don't understand why any conference would play such low quality teams this late in the season and expect to play in the big show? If they all have an open date, play some team in their conference they didn't play earlier.

I don't understand why any conference would play such low quality teams this late in the season and expect to play in the big show? If they all have an open date, play some team in their conference they didn't play earlier.
Notre Dame plays the toughest schedule of any BCS team.

What you got to say to that?

Alabama opened the season with a ranked OOC team on the road. That is far tougher than doing it late in the season when your newer players have plenty of games under their belt.

Notre Dame plays the toughest schedule of any BCS team.

What you got to say to that?

What do I have to say, you are out of your league if you think Notre Dame plays the toughest schedule.

Believe it or not Colorado played the toughest schedule in the 2012 season and ND ranted 14th. Among SEC teams LSU ranks 5th and Alabama ranks 24th.

Alabama opened the season with a ranked OOC team on the road. That is far tougher than doing it late in the season when your newer players have plenty of games under their belt.

Are you talking about Michigan? Michigan and Alabama played in Alabama in case you missed it. Michigan is lucky to be in the top 25 right now after their latest defeat.
Alabama hardly ever play ranted non conference teams outside of Alabama. In fact Alabama hardly plays any non conference team outside of Alabama.

Are you talking about Michigan? Michigan and Alabama played in Alabama in case you missed it. Michigan is lucky to be in the top 25 right now after their latest defeat.
Alabama hardly ever play ranted non conference teams outside of Alabama. In fact Alabama hardly plays any non conference team outside of Alabama.

Michigan and Alabama played in Dallas Texas. Perhaps a refresher in geography would help you?

When we scheduled Michigan they were a top team. The schedule is made out several years in advance. How many teams in the top rankings were also in the top rankings several years ago?

Since Nick Saban has been the head coach, Alabama has played Michigan, Penn State (home & away - before the scandal), Clemson, and VaTech. They were all ranked when we scheduled them and played them. If you want to pick on someone for their scheduling, you might have an easier time if you knew what you are talking about.

If Alabama plays Notre Dame for the NC, both teams will have played 5 ranked teams.

New Topics

Forum List

Back