Did anyone see the Dem WV Governor Speak?

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
His suit lapel had suspicious splash stains that were detectable only when the light shined on it.
Seriously, what the hell are these politicians doing to get favors for their state?

We have our own Trump in the WV Governor's seat. Only he's a Democrat.

Did one of your Senator's vote for Jefferson B. Session III as Attorney-General? Or was that not one of your Senator's?

Our Republican did. Bleah!

Jim Justice is interesting, but a total scumwaffle. He's like Trump - a millionaire businessman, campaigning as an outsider that is going to fix everything wrong. Never mind that he has some SERIOUS ethics problems, a boatload of unpaid fines from his mining business....and, his "plan" for our state is to bring back all the coal jobs (sound familiar?) and until that happens - "bridge the gap" by getting a loan. He's a Democrat, in name only.

Did one of your Senator's vote for Jefferson B. Session III as Attorney-General? Or was that not one of your Senator's?
That was a traitor to the nation

This is him Senator Joe Manchin, I just noticed that before he was Senator he was Governor, he seems okay for a Democrat, he's not Leftist.

Joe Manchin - Wikipedia

The current West Virginia Governor is Jim Justice, WTF the chin and he's got that crazy comb over hair like President Trump. I think if a man is balding, then just either go bald or get a good hair transplant.

I can't understand President Trump being a billionaire and not like ten years ago just opting for a good hair transplant.

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice.

Jim_Justice.jpg

That was a traitor to the nation

This is him Senator Joe Manchin, I just noticed that before he was Senator he was Governor, he seems okay for a Democrat, he's not Leftist.

Joe Manchin - Wikipedia

The current West Virginia Governor is Jim Justice, WTF the chin and he's got that crazy comb over hair like President Trump. I think if a man is balding, then just either go bald or get a good hair transplant.

I can't understand President Trump being a billionaire and not like ten years ago just opting for a good hair transplant.

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice.

Jim_Justice.jpg

When are all of the Trump bashers going to realize that IS his real hair?

I mean come on! That subject has been beaten to death,

When the horse is dead, stop beating it and get off!

WV is in need of alternative industries, as relying on one commodity (especially a dying one) never works for anyone.
It's in need of better infrastructures, so the snall towns won't die from being to far to employment and convenience hubs.

30 Mile distances taking a twisted 1 hour drive is unacceptable.

It also needs to get rid of the political corruptions there, including the habit to steal properties for the city's uses through abuse of power.

At least that's what I noticed over 25 years ago. Morgantown was pretty cool- great downtown revitalization potential I'm sure happened by now. I heard they expanded and revitalized Star City?

WV is in need of alternative industries, as relying on one commodity (especially a dying one) never works for anyone.
It's in need of better infrastructures, so the snall towns won't die from being to far to employment and convenience hubs.

It also needs to get rid of the political corruptions there, including the habit to steal properties for the city's uses through abuse of power.

At least that's what I noticed over 25 years ago. Morgantown was pretty cool- great downtown revitalization potential I'm sure happened by now. I heard they expanded and revitalized Star City?

Morgantown and Star City have both grown a great deal, but we still have the problems of city corruption and abuse and any thought of "urban planning" is a joke. We badly need to bring in alternative industries, and to diversify. But in order to to that we need to invest in infrastructure and education in order to attract business. We need to develop a skilled work force. But all they're doing is looking at coal coal coal.

Morgantown and Star City have both grown a great deal, but we still have the problems of city corruption and abuse and any thought of "urban planning" is a joke. We badly need to bring in alternative industries, and to diversify. But in order to to that we need to invest in infrastructure and education in order to attract business. We need to develop a skilled work force. But all they're doing is looking at coal coal coal.

Do any of you ever study history or economics and know why the Appalachians are so poor? The answer is in the question: the Appalachian Mountains.

You just can't invent alternative industries by pulling them out of a hat.

My home state has the same problem. We had three major industries when I was growing up. We had coal mining, tobacco farming and bourbon. The first two are almost non-existent anymore and you can't change geography geology, and climate to make other things grow or appear when you dig underground.

Do any of you ever study history or economics and know why the Appalachians are so poor? The answer is in the question: the Appalachian Mountains.

My home state has the same problem. We had three major industries when I was growing up. We had coal mining, tobacco farming and bourbon. The first two are almost non-existent anymore and you can't change geography geology, and climate to make other things grow or appear when you dig underground.

I think that high tech industries - start ups - like Silicon Valley could be tried in some communities.

I think that high tech industries - start ups - like Silicon Valley could be tried in some communities.

Several states have tried that and failed. North Carolina jumps to mind immediately. You cannot expect kids who grew up on tobacco farms like my students to have the drive and determination to attend schools where they will actually be expected to learn the skills needed to make those industries work. All you get is people who are sick and tired of living in California to move there and start anew. That does nothing for the people there other than the newcomers may need someone to collect the carts at Walmart, which is my state's largest employer.

Several states have tried that and failed. North Carolina jumps to mind immediately. You cannot expect kids who grew up on tobacco farms like my students to have the drive and determination to attend schools where they will actually be expected to learn the skills needed to make those industries work. All you get is people who are sick and tired of living in California to move there and start anew. That does nothing for the people there other than the newcomers may need someone to collect the carts at Walmart, which is my state's largest employer.

It's complicated isn't it? I'm not sure what the answers are :(

Ironically...I happen to be listening to this classic old song

Our Republican did. Bleah!

Jim Justice is interesting, but a total scumwaffle. He's like Trump - a millionaire businessman, campaigning as an outsider that is going to fix everything wrong. Never mind that he has some SERIOUS ethics problems, a boatload of unpaid fines from his mining business....and, his "plan" for our state is to bring back all the coal jobs (sound familiar?) and until that happens - "bridge the gap" by getting a loan. He's a Democrat, in name only.

I thought democr6ays hated being rich? And hate businesses for that matter.

Well the skill set was definitely the fact that everyone including the youth knew
carpentry & construction skills from needing to repair and survive their own properties on tight budgets, sort of like how Cuba is full of creative talented people who know how to McGyver their old 50's appliances and cars to make them last.
If Kentucky can find life in the Ginseng industry then Ginseng, truffles, specialty mushrooms might be that alternative people could make work along with boosts through revitalization projects.
The State officials need to understand economics and it's vast scope of unrecognized affects of trickle down.

The ancient archaic age concept of keeping your kingdom -community continually building through projects, & temples, churches, etc was in order to keep people busy working, money flowing which always found it's way back to gov't by way of taxes and their theft. Perhaps this is the mystery of the many construction guilds.
So when the avg person see's building the wall, they only see the purpose of securing the borders and never see the deeper purpose of these projects that involve stimulation by direct and indirect jobs, manufacturing, commodity extraction businesses and suppliers, laborers, shipping and transport, engineering, technical & managerial services, etc.
Furthermore that boost only stimulates money flow from the extra flow of cash comes more spending trickling down to goods and services in their lives including the cash made by investors of these beneficiaries. All of which pay taxes thus revenues for the Gov't expand as well as the money always makes it back to the Gov't.
Therefore spending on THE RIGHT PROJECTS IN THE RIGHT MANNER is part of a system of stimulating sluggish flows of spending and is regulated in order to keep inflation at bay or to keep from a overly depressed economy.
WV has been depressed for some time even though the man power and talent to build is there the concept of the guilds to create projects for sake of work flows is not conceptualized by their tight budgets, because they can't see that budget increases as the work & worker increases through the circular route of State
tax dollars including more spending=more sales tax revenue, higher house prices=higher property tax revenues, residents inflow instead of mass exits=more tax revenue. Teach them economics or just show them Chinas building boom.
ANY revitalization boom will also reduce the high percentage of welfare in that State, so Gov't would rather use that money updating infrastructure &
improving life then evaporating funds with nothing to show for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back