Did Anyone Politicize 9/11?

Did Anyone Politicize 9/11?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Am I the only one that remembers all the flags on the homes? The coming to gether..."We will NOT forget?" For the first time I can remember this country came together as one mourning our loss.

At least I'm bold enough to stand before this train. Come and get me.

No you're not. Remember when Congress gathered together and sang?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izb459vJ-8Q&feature=related[/ame]

God Bless America is still sung during the 7th inning stretch at baseball games? Budwiser aired this only once.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k&feature=related[/ame]

And we had support of nearly the entire world

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqEBHKHaPy8&feature=related[/ame]

But in answer to the original question, yes. I think the gravist was when President Bush used the events of that day to morph the emotions we all felt and the yearning for retribution most of us had, into the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Am I the only one that remembers all the flags on the homes? The coming to gether..."We will NOT forget?" For the first time I can remember this country came together as one mourning our loss.

But in answer to the original question, yes. I think the gravist was when President Bush used the events of that day to morph the emotions we all felt and the yearning for retribution most of us had, into the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

I am sure you meant President Bush and the majority of the members of congress.

Last edited:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izb459vJ-8Q&feature=related[/ame]

God Bless America is still sung during the 7th inning stretch at baseball games? Budwiser aired this only once.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k&feature=related[/ame]

And we had support of nearly the entire world

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqEBHKHaPy8&feature=related[/ame]

I cannot argue with you there. Going into Iraq was wrong then. Staying there is wrong now.

Sure, any member of Congress that abdicated their constitutional responsiblity should have resigned in disgrace. Furthermore, for not holding the President responsible to the letter of the resolution they passed, specifically the Authorizaion of Military action section. The MSM also shoulders some blame for blindly parroting the WH talking points to convince 70% of Americans that Saddam was behind the attacks or supporting al Queda and/or was somehow a threat to the world remaining superpower.

Last edited:

Sooner or later, the MSM resisted replaying footage of the WTC burning and collapsing, believing those images would only be needlessly inflammatory.

Watch world do you live in?

9/11 coverage was run all over the world...over and over, and over, and over, again, and again, and again...

:cuckoo:

Maybe I shouldnt say this, but isn't an attack on the United States an inherently political event?

Yes.

I'd say part of the problem is that partisans themselves can only see the other side politicizing the event. For example in this very thread you have Revere making broad brush strokes about the Left only (with no actual examples given), without mentioning Guilianai who had "9/11" turrets so "9/11" bad that "9/11" every third "9/11" word he "9/11" used was "9/11."

Folks did politicize it on both sides. Rudy used it to ride the 9/11 train into history as one of the best governors of New York when he was right on track to go down as one of the worst on 9/10. Bush and Cheney instituted the 1% doctrine using 9/11 and justified a war with Iraq, expansion of Federal Power, and the detaining of numerous human beings. Both sides campaigned on how the other "allowed" 9/11 to happen.

That's part of the beast. Everything is politicized by those for whom everything is politics.

both sides?

What Democratic leaders gained from politicizing 9/11?

I flew the American flag from my porch way before 9/11. :cool:

Not forgetting by itself and as a slogan means very little. It's nothing but a memory.

To answer the question of the thread:

1) Inside job
2) Clinton could have had Bin Laden

Both sides politicized it.

Inside job? :cuckoo:

Clinton could have had Binnie? So could have Bush. gawd, your logic here needs to be flushed...the stink is horrendous. Clinton's decisions regarding bin Laden are taken out of context and distorted --in order to -- politicize 9/11.

both sides?

I'll see if I can't find you some examples later. What I'm thinking of was the "pushback" when Right Wing Talking Heads tried to push the whole thing onto Clinton, a lot of Left Wing Talking Heads started pushing back onto Bush. There was a heck of a lot of politicizing during that period around and following the 9/11 Commission.

both sides?

I'll see if I can't find you some examples later. What I'm thinking of was the "pushback" when Right Wing Talking Heads tried to push the whole thing onto Clinton, a lot of Left Wing Talking Heads started pushing back onto Bush. There was a heck of a lot of politicizing during that period around and following the 9/11 Commission.

pushing back is NOT politicizing in the same way...plus most all that was said about Clinton was distorted and meant to weaken the President as well as gain political points at the expense of national unity.

Forum List

Back