CDZ Did Anyone in Broward County Do Anything Right?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Serious question. Every news source I have seen on the subject comes up with some new stupidity committed by some damn body. The sheriff's Dept, the school, the school board, the county commission et al didn't just screw the pooch they buggered Brutus Blind. Even for LWNJs this may be a new low in basic competence. Can anyone find anything thing that they did which was verifiably justifiable?

Serious question. Every news source I have seen on the subject comes up with some new stupidity committed by some damn body. The sheriff's Dept, the school, the school board, the county commission et al didn't just screw the pooch they buggered Brutus Blind. Even for LWNJs this may be a new low in basic competence. Can anyone find anything thing that they did which was verifiably justifiable?
They want their kids to be safer, quickest way to do that is at local level. You don't need a FED govt program to make your kids safe. Ought to be wholesale changes in the School Board, Sheriffs Office, Mayor...and anyone else who contributed to this

They want their kids to be safer, quickest way to do that is at local level. You don't need a FED govt program to make your kids safe. Ought to be wholesale changes in the School Board, Sheriffs Office, Mayor...and anyone else who contributed to this

The Roman standard for decimation was most certainly reached and exceeded. The question is will Bondi bring charges of negligent homicide to all of those who ignored their duty and went PC instead.

The Roman standard for decimation was most certainly reached and exceeded. The question is will Bondi bring charges of negligent homicide to all of those who ignored their duty and went PC instead.
It's possible. I don't know the details on the actions of that officer but...

No one is as incompetent as this....The FBI and the local police fucked up bad...and that Sheriff sat on that CNN stage last night and blamed everyone except the cops...what a dick he is...you folks in that county should vote his ass out...but the main blame after the shooter himself is the FBI...no way they are this incompetent...someone at the FBI wants this shit to happen...it has to be...there is no other conclusion....
If this was a one time mistake by the FBI that would be different but 90% of the time when a mass shooting occurs we find out afterwards the FBI had knowledge of the shooter....

What is left to conclude?

Good point about the FBI but trying to determine election out comes is more important than saving kids.

He did nothing because he knew he was screwed no matter what he did in that county.

He did nothing because he knew he was screwed no matter what he did in that county.
We really don't know yet? Or do we? Has he spoken yet?

We really don't know yet? Or do we? Has he spoken yet?

Actually the PC crap out of county commission and the school board is a matter of public record but not wishing to have this thread closed like the other Broward County threads I will not go there. Suffice it to say that if that cop had not had a reasonable fear of going to jail for killing a minority juvenile mass murderer he was stupid.

Some places do seem to make the news in negative ways more often than they should.

Did Anyone in Broward County Do Anything Right?
I don't know that I can answer that question because I don't know what be Broward County's protocols for what parties to the event were supposed to do.

I can say that in my estimation, regardless of whether they do so correctly, i.e., per protocol, a number of individuals did the right things:
  • Teachers and students fled the scene.
  • Teachers acted to protect their students from harm, two of whom did so at their own peril.
  • Someone called the police to the school.
  • Someone dispatched the police.
  • Some police officers responded to the call/dispatch.
  • Someone informed the police of the shooter's location after the shooting.
  • Some police officer(s) apprehended the shooter.
I'm sure some of those actions have protocols and some of them do not. Of those that do, I don't know whether the guidelines were followed nor do I know who did and didn't follow them, and I also don't know the impact(s) of their following or not following protocol. For those reasons, as I wrote, I can't directly answer the question asked in the thread title.

It's the dominant thinking today, that Broward County from beginning to end did not cover itself with glory. However, no one has mentioned what I believe, which is that this is standard operating procedure all over the country, and the only thing that fouled up the county process was that this guy actually turned out to be a shooter, which most of the young men they check on "in crisis," don't. They might have put him in a mental hospital if they had had one, but they really don't anymore.

In all the dozens and dozens of calls the police and others made to deal with this kid, nobody died or was hurt because of his actions. Except the last time. There was loose talk of him maybe stalking, maybe threatening his girlfriend's new boyfriend, but I bet these complaints are a dime a dozen in this age group. He was expelled, but lots and lots of kids are expelled. He pounded the walls, he yelled, he threatened, he talked about guns ---- but they all do it, by the hundreds. What are the police supposed to do? We know they repeatedly went in there and calmed the situation, but he had a support network, a family gave him a home and fed him --- I bet they thought it was because his mother died, at least the latest stuff, and hoped he would grow out of it.

He didn't actually commit a crime, until the last day. Like Harris and Klebold at Columbine: they didn't commit crimes, either, until the last. Most of these crazy kids don't. Ever. So the police really can't do much ---- where would they put him? He didn't actually commit a crime earlier. I think they have to just hope they'll be lucky, and they usually are.

Though not this time.

Suffice it to say that if that cop had not had a reasonable fear of going to jail for killing a minority juvenile mass murderer he was stupid.

Sure, this occurred to me right away as to why he didn't enter the school. Also, the timing was just so tight! Six minutes, the whole thing. The deputy got to the building with four minutes left, and kids running out screaming, who could tell what was going on?

I think it's a deliberate scapegoating --- if the nation blames that deputy, we are distracted from blaming the officials and the rest of the police.

If they had done anything to lock up this nut they would be sued. Now they will be sued anyway.

See any reason at all for any public official, police officer, or school system employee to lift a finger in any effectively preventative way? What happens if they locked him up, and he didn't commit the crime; any way to prove your actions prevented the crime that never happened because action was taken beforehand? Nope. Now those nice ambulance chasers at the ACLU will knock on the nut's door, and offer to make him and his family very rich, after the lawyers get their cut, of course; I think they demand at least 70% to 90% these days.

If they had done anything to lock up this nut they would be sued. Now they will be sued anyway.

Sure. And remember, this was a wealthy area. I don't mean respectable, I mean wealthy. The police can't be throwing these rich kids in jail, they don't dare to. They would indeed be sued. This Cruz character wasn't rich, but there was a pattern of "leave it to the family" among the police there, I'm betting.

Sure. And remember, this was a wealthy area. I don't mean respectable, I mean wealthy. The police can't be throwing these rich kids in jail, they don't dare to. They would indeed be sued. This Cruz character wasn't rich, but there was a pattern of "leave it to the family" among the police there, I'm betting.

Two things and this is extrapolation and addition, not disagreement:

Obama mistaking an Anglo-Hispanic conflict for a white on black conflict in the Zimmerman case is still hanging over South FL and this incident is some of the blowback with more to come.

Broward county is going to go more R as will Palm Beach and Dade because the people on the ground recognized what was going on in this case. Cruz going postal is going to be attributed to payback for Idiot sticking his nose in where he didn't even know the sides much less the reasons for the conflict.

Forum List

Back