Did Anyone Hear This?

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
http://medvedfans.blog-city.com/

This guy was interviewed on the Michael Medved show today. Talk about your liberal sour grapes. This guy was saying hundreds if thousands of voted were stolen from John Kerry in the Ohio and New Mexico elections. On board with Mr. Palast?
3 guesses and the first 2 don't count: Michael Moore, Janeane Garafalo, Gloria Steinem, Jesse Jackson....

11-05-04
Kerry won the election. Huh?
Rabid, affable Greg Palast infects the Medved Show today for a bout of what we call barking moonbat conspiracy theory. Yikes.

"There a third of a million votes in Ohio that have not been counted. Placebo provisional ballots, all from black voters in Ohio townships. Republican pollwatchers shoved these 'back of the bus' ballots on black voters."

Those votes will be authenticated, and then counted. They will not all be valid. They will not all vote for Kerry.

Should we allow anyone who shows up to cast a vote? No identification? How should a voting district deal with over- or undervotes? If the ballot is spoiled, whose fault is that?

But read this:

First and foremost, Kerry was had by chads. But the Democrat wasn't punched out by punch cards alone. There were also the 'challenges.' That's a polite word for the Republican Party of Ohio's use of an old Ku Klux Klan technique: the attempt to block thousands of voters of color at the polls. In Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida, the GOP laid plans for poll workers to ambush citizens under arcane laws—almost never used—allowing party-designated poll watchers to finger individual voters and demand they be denied a ballot. The Ohio courts were horrified and federal law prohibits targeting of voters where race is a factor in the challenge. But our Supreme Court was prepared to let Republicans stand in the voting booth door.

WHAT? How dare you, Greg Palast? How dare you?

Last Updated: 11-05-04 1:30 PM GMT-08 :: Medved Show summary :: Comments/Trackback (1-0)

Oh, so now the number is a THIRD of a million. When Edwards spoke on Wednsday morning, it was a quarter of a million. And, as usual, my MAD system (math adjusted for Democrats) was right on the money. Whenever a Democrat throws out a number in that context, I automatically cut it in half.

So, here's the deal:

Speaking VERY charitably, the number of provisional ballots was roughly equal to President Bush's lead.

Provisional ballots are, by definition, problematic. Historically, the proportion of those ballots that pass muster is between 7-20%. Kerry's entire hope was pinned on , first, 100% of those ballots being accepted (no ballots submitted by Donald Duck, David Westerfield, or Woodrow Wilson).

Add to those astronomical odds the necessity that 100% of these miracle ballots would have to have gone to John Kerry.

On Wednsday morning, Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell deemed President Bush's lead "statistically insurmountable". After a few hours of sober reflection, The Kerry campaign agreed.

I hope these idiots continue along this exact same path. If the American people still need any amount of validation for the choice they've made, here it is.

I'd like to add one more thought. This is for those who think Kerry did the "classy" thing, and for those who found Mr. Card's invitation to the Democrats to examine the results in the cold light of day, "less than gracious".

That voter fraud was going to be rampant in Ohio has been established beyond all doubt. In the cold light of day, the Democrats, who knew - better than anyone - the ugly story these provisional ballots would tell, decided not to further provoke an American public already fed up to the teeth with their slimy tactics. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during THAT meeting!

Forum List

Back