Did any of you ever gain $600K in one year?

I did.
I'm only saying that to get in the faces of a lot of profane individuals who specialize in insults and name-calling.

"It ain't braggin' if you really done it." - Dizzy Dean
/—-/ $250,000 was my best so far.

My grandpa is ridiing a wave on one now....set to cash in on a 3.00 - 4.00 stock, he played it perfectly, hit the highs and lows on time.. He'll never want for money again.
/———/ Care to share the stock?

Think hydrogen fuel cells and look up who Amazon, Walmart, auto makers and others are contracting with. It was trading at .94 two years ago, recently hit 5.00 plus, fell back on the coronavirus to down around 2.90 and is back up around 4.13 now. But the highs and low swings have been very profitable...swing trading is a different animal. Not for the timid but long term growth looks excellent also

I did.
I'm only saying that to get in the faces of a lot of profane individuals who specialize in insults and name-calling.

My grandpa is ridiing a wave on one now....set to cash in on a 3.00 - 4.00 stock, he played it perfectly, hit the highs and lows on time.. He'll never want for money again.

Think hydrogen fuel cells and look up who Amazon, Walmart, auto makers and others are contracting with. It was trading at .94 two years ago, recently hit 5.00 plus, fell back on the coronavirus to down around 2.90 and is back up around 4.13 now. But the highs and low swings have been very profitable...swing trading is a different animal. Not for the timid but long term growth looks excellent also
/——/ I’m an option trader and understand swing trading, I do it with some 3 times ETFs like TNA. But I trade the inverse TZA too. When it drops back to the mid thirties buy a hundred shares. Then wait till the next market down turn and sell the TZA and buy TNA .

The more people who are aware of a great stock, the stronger the trading. Keeping it a secret doesn’t accomplish anything, but thanks for the clues.
I found this 5 Things Fuel Cell Investors Need to Know | The Motley Fool

Last edited:
I did.

/——/ I’m an option trader and understand swing trading, I do it with some 3 times ETFs like TNA. But I trade the inverse TZA too. When it drops back to the mid thirties buy a hundred shares. Then wait till the next market down turn and sell the TZA and buy TNA .

The more people who are aware of a great stock, the stronger the trading. Keeping it a secret doesn’t accomplish anything, but thanks for the clues.

You're welcome and I have a general rule I never divulge what holdings I'm trading on. Too many times I've been blamed because people jump in and have no clue what they're doing. Swing trading is a different animal and some stocks won't work with it while others do.

My all time favorite was Patriot Coal (PCX) I worked that baby for about two years and it was a swing trader's dream. One and two dollar swings weekly. I miss that one easy money once I locked into the cycles. It was my first high volume holding.

Reading you, you're no fool and know the ropes. If I get onto a good one I'll let you know

Last edited:
I did.

Where does the hydrogen come from? Today it comes from fossil fuels mainly so currently it's a non starter in my book. It's like electric cars which do nothing but move the pollution from burning fossil fuels to someplace else and loosing efficiency in the process so the net impact is more fuel burned to do the same or less work thus a net increase in pollution.

I did.

Where does the hydrogen come from? Today it comes from fossil fuels mainly so currently it's a non starter in my book. It's like electric cars which do nothing but move the pollution from burning fossil fuels to someplace else and loosing efficiency in the process so the net impact is more fuel burned to do the same or less work thus a net increase in pollution.

It makes little difference to me where it comes from, I'm only interested in what the holding does with it to make me money.

Hell I made a fortune off coal.

That's investing

I did.

You're welcome and I have a general rule I never divulge what holdings I'm trading on. Too many times I've been blamed because people jump in and have no clue what they're doing. Swing trading is a different animal and some stocks won't work with it while others do.

My all time favorite was Patriot Coal (PCX) I worked that baby for about two years and it was a swing trader's dream. One and two dollar swings weekly. I miss that one easy money once I locked into the cycles. It was my first high volume holding.

Reading you, you're no fool and know the ropes. If I get onto a good one I'll let you know
/—-/ Do you enhance your swing trades by selling covered calls at the money or do you just sell the stock?

I did.

/—-/ Do you enhance your swing trades by selling covered calls at the money or do you just sell the stock?

I've tinkerd with puts and calls but it's rare. Take a look at ENB if you deal with that. I swung on it for a little while but it wasn't giving me the swings I needed. Still in it but going long

I did.

Wow, that's old school. I'm what the govt calls a Pattern Day Trader. Been day trading for about 15 years. I haven't held a stock overnight in over 10 years.

I used to trade PCX religiously. I would line up all the coal companies, BTU, Arch, Massey, PCX, several more and trade the lagger, which was usually Patriot. The bigger companies would make a move and PCX would follow several seconds later and I would trade that arbitrage. Made a ton off those guys. That's one of the coal companies that the kenyan klown destroyed.

Anyway, good luck to all traders!

Yes, but I had to split it with ten other guys ...

unnamed.jpg

I did.

Wow, that's old school. I'm what the govt calls a Pattern Day Trader. Been day trading for about 15 years. I haven't held a stock overnight in over 10 years.

I used to trade PCX religiously. I would line up all the coal companies, BTU, Arch, Massey, PCX, several more and trade the lagger, which was usually Patriot. The bigger companies would make a move and PCX would follow several seconds later and I would trade that arbitrage. Made a ton off those guys. That's one of the coal companies that the kenyan klown destroyed.

PCX basically paid off our home and put our children well on their way to great educations.

I learned most of swing trading from my late Grandfather. The man had a sixth sense. He started teaching me when I was about 12 years old and his advice to me I still use... I'll never go wrong in energy, the world moves on it.

Yeah Ears destroyed coal but damn that was some glory years trading wise. I traded in all of them, Peabody Arch, Massey.... Patriot was my gem. Once the big traders and hedges got involved it was beautiful.

You're brave on Pattern.... swing takes some courage but Pattern? Mhm lol

I did.

PCX basically paid off our home and put our children well on their way to great educations.

I learned most of swing trading from my late Grandfather. The man had a sixth sense. He started teaching me when I was about 12 years old and his advice to me I still use... I'll never go wrong in energy, the world moves on it.

Yeah Ears destroyed coal but damn that was some glory years trading wise. I traded in all of them, Peabody Arch, Massey.... Patriot was my gem. Once the big traders and hedges got involved it was beautiful.

That's awesome. My dad made about $3M in the stock market as an investor. And that's with never having a job paying more than $45K. They say you have to be born at the right time for that to happen. He was, I wasn't. I never did well holding stocks but many years ago I paid a guy $20K to teach me how to day trade... I don't use much of what he taught me now, but the main thing I learned was that it is very possible to make a good living at day trading if you find your edge. I found that edge after about 2 years and have had a beautiful relationship with the stock market ever since. :cool::cool:

I did.

That's awesome. My dad made about $3M in the stock market as an investor. And that's with never having a job paying more than $45K. They say you have to be born at the right time for that to happen. He was, I wasn't. I never did well holding stocks but many years ago I paid a guy $20K to teach me how to day trade... I don't use much of what he taught me now, but the main thing I learned was that it is very possible to make a good living at day trading if you find your edge. I found that edge after about 2 years and have had a beautiful relationship with the stock market ever since. :cool::cool:
/——-/ “They say you have to be born at the right time for that to happen“

“They” are 100% wrong. One member of our stock trading club bought 2,000 shares of Wayfair (W) at $25 a share in March. He sold at $180 last week. He grossed $310,000 In a little over a month, of course he had a whopping tax bill coming but still...

I did.

“They” are 100% wrong. One member of our stock trading club bought 2,000 shares of Wayfair (W) at $25 a share in March. He sold at $180 last week. He grossed $310,000 In a little over a month, of course he had a whopping tax bill coming but still...
IF he had it in an IRA no tax until he takes it out

I did.

That's a nice lick. But I'm referring to investing vs trading. I don't believe in buy and hold, and I have my reasons for it. I've got thousands of hours looking at Level II data and I feel comfortable looking for signals that predict the movement of an instrument for the next few minutes. After decades of studying the market I still do not feel comfortable trying to predict the movement over a daily, weekly or monthly time frame. Everyone has their own relationship with the markets.... and that's mine.

I do believe in buy and hold and have FB AAPL MSFT and others held for years to speak loudly for buy and hold I can't tell you what the markets might do in 6 months ,a year or 2 but I do know in 4,5 years it will be better Guess everyone has their own way of skinning the cat

I do believe in buy and hold and have FB AAPL MSFT and others held for years to speak loudly for buy and hold I can't tell you what the markets might do in 6 months ,a year or 2 but I do know in 4,5 years it will be better Guess everyone has their own way of skinning the cat
/——-/nobody says you can’t do both, buy and hold plus day trading. But I’d limit day trading to maybe 10% of my portfolio and if you lose that, stop doing it.

Everyone got in with APPL, FB,MSFT...but the reality is few did.

The moment someone throws me those symbols is the moment I disregard them. When questioned on trading/investing tactics they invariably fail even the most basic questions..... such as a day trader is the same as a swing trader.

Not even close, two entirely different methods of trading.

Buy and hold Not Bad If it's good for the Oracle it's good for me
Symbol
Last PriceChange52-Wk HighVolumeHighLow
NVDA
351.92+12.29356.667.606M356.66347.97
AAPL
313.64+5.93327.8510.399M313.81310.32
TMUS
100.88+3.56101.351.996M100.9998.07
QCOM
79.19+3.4296.174.726M79.2377.21
COUP
215.39+2.78218.91319.919k217.91212.16
LITE
70.02+2.2993.23861.327k71.4469.05
FB
212.99+2.11224.207.150M214.64210.94
MSFT
185.27+2.11190.7010.184M185.71183.98
IONS
54.90+1.8373.09157,47955.1154.00
AMAT
53.00+0.9669.443.435M54.1052.41
BMY
64.93+0.8568.343.213M65.2164.67
ICON
0.8002+0.03822.750014,8850.80510.7300
FEYE
11.26-0.0718.341.256M11.5311.23
WORK
30.86-0.4742.004.544M31.4030.26
SQ
78.65-1.6187.256.618M81.3578.04

Portf

I find I have no need to know shit about swing trading or day trading to do well in our markets I'd never disparage someone for their market abilities just for their political ignorance

Forum List

Back