Did ancient Mayan's believe in Christ?

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
The Kukulkan pyramid is a monument to a great bearded white god who came among his people for a time then promised he would return at the end of days. The description of this Kukulkan bears a remarkably familiar tone to Christ's alleged visit to the Nephite people.
Mayan civilization is estimated to have arisen in 500 BC. Was this the ancient Nephite civilization which arrived in the Americas in approximately 590BC?

i think it is possible...sure seems like parts of their prophesy relate to such in a contorted kind of way...:)

They did human sacrifice, didn't they? Catholics eat the body of Christ and drink his blood.
Hmmmmmmmn! Better posthumously baptize them all, Truthspeaker.

i think it is possible...sure seems like parts of their prophesy relate to such in a contorted kind of way...:)

I think there is an explanation here. The book of Mormon claims both things have happened. It claims ancient Jews in 600BC fled from Jerusalem and brought with them Hebrew and Egyptian writing systems with them.
It also claims Christ visited in 34 AD when he came to the temple, administered to the people and promised to return again.

I doubt it. More likely, spanish conquistadors were busy fluffing up the story about their initial interaction with the natives while mormons are busy looking for anything that validates their beliefs. After all, if it WERE the case that jesus was a south american god who promised to return.. well.. I guess he pretty much left a bunch of natives hanging, eh?

The book of morman was all one mans imaginings.

Its has no historical basis.

They did human sacrifice, didn't they? Catholics eat the body of Christ and drink his blood.
About Human Sacrifice in 421 A.D.
Interesting that you brought that up. about 400 years after Christ is rumored to have come there was a great war that raged in the which the general named Mormon described the depravities of the war:
And it came to pass that the Lamanites did take possession of the city Desolation, and this because their number did exceed the number of the Nephites. And they did also march forward against the city Teancum, and did drive the inhabitants forth out of her, and did take many prisoners both women and children, and did offer them up as sacrifices unto their idol gods (367). (Mormon 4:13—14)

about caniballism:
9:7 And now I write somewhat concerning the sufferings of this people. For according to the knowledge which I have received from Amoron, behold, the Lamanites have many prisoners, which they took from the tower of Sherrizah; and there were men, women, and children.
9:8 And the husbands and fathers of those women and children they have slain; and they feed the women upon the flesh of their husbands, and the children upon the flesh of their fathers; and no water, save a little, do they give unto them. "The husbands and fathers ... feed the women upon the flesh of their husbands, and the children upon the flesh of their fathers."
9:9 And notwithstanding this great abomination of the Lamanites, it doth not exceed that of our people in Moriantum. For behold, many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things, which is chastity and virtue --
9:10 And after they had done this thing, they did murder them in a most cruel manner, torturing their bodies even unto death; and after they have done this, they devour their flesh like unto wild beasts, because of the hardness of their hearts; and they do it for a token of bravery.

Rings a familiar bell doesn't it?:eek:

I doubt it. More likely, spanish conquistadors were busy fluffing up the story about their initial interaction with the natives while mormons are busy looking for anything that validates their beliefs. After all, if it WERE the case that jesus was a south american god who promised to return.. well.. I guess he pretty much left a bunch of natives hanging, eh?

Well, uh.... there were no mormons until 1830. So they weren't busy doing anything back in the Cortez days.
Cortez definitely didn't fluff any of his stories. In fact the spanish burned 99 percent of the records of the Maya after they conquered them because the strange Heiroglyphs were considered devil worship and heretical writings.

QUOTE=Truthmatters;1037818]The book of morman was all one mans imaginings.

Its has no historical basis.[/QUOTE]

:blahblah: You could say that it is one man's opinion, but the historical evidence is mountainous.

Interesting that you brought that up. about 400 years after Christ is rumored to have come there was a great war that raged in the which the general named Mormon described the depravities of the war:
And it came to pass that the Lamanites did take possession of the city Desolation, and this because their number did exceed the number of the Nephites. And they did also march forward against the city Teancum, and did drive the inhabitants forth out of her, and did take many prisoners both women and children, and did offer them up as sacrifices unto their idol gods (367). (Mormon 4:13—14)

about caniballism:
9:7 And now I write somewhat concerning the sufferings of this people. For according to the knowledge which I have received from Amoron, behold, the Lamanites have many prisoners, which they took from the tower of Sherrizah; and there were men, women, and children.
9:8 And the husbands and fathers of those women and children they have slain; and they feed the women upon the flesh of their husbands, and the children upon the flesh of their fathers; and no water, save a little, do they give unto them. "The husbands and fathers ... feed the women upon the flesh of their husbands, and the children upon the flesh of their fathers."
9:9 And notwithstanding this great abomination of the Lamanites, it doth not exceed that of our people in Moriantum. For behold, many of the daughters of the Lamanites have they taken prisoners; and after depriving them of that which was most dear and precious above all things, which is chastity and virtue --
9:10 And after they had done this thing, they did murder them in a most cruel manner, torturing their bodies even unto death; and after they have done this, they devour their flesh like unto wild beasts, because of the hardness of their hearts; and they do it for a token of bravery.

So said the Golden Salamander. :lol:

Well, uh.... there were no mormons until 1830. So they weren't busy doing anything back in the Cortez days.
Cortez definitely didn't fluff any of his stories. In fact the spanish burned 99 percent of the records of the Maya after they conquered them because the strange Heiroglyphs were considered devil worship and heretical writings.

Do you have evidence to offer of that? I mean, I'd hate to act like a user who can post above and beyond modly sarcasm but, i'm afraid i'm going to need you to cite your source.

Careful though.. If you copy a whole sentence you MAY inflict the wrath of the Selective Squad so.. post at your own risk.

Do you have evidence to offer of that? I mean, I'd hate to act like a user who can post above and beyond modly sarcasm but, i'm afraid i'm going to need you to cite your source.

Careful though.. If you copy a whole sentence you MAY inflict the wrath of the Selective Squad so.. post at your own risk.

Well I am not sure what evidence you want me to cite. I won't bother citing the historical beginning of the Mormon church in 1830. It is known.
I watched this peculiar show on history channel in regards to the Kukulkan and the temple he came to and the manner of writing of the ancient mayans and what the spaniards did to the vast amounts of records they found. Here is the show. It takes a while to watch it buy you will find it interesting.
GUBA - Decoding The Past - Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

about caniballism:

So said the Golden Salamander. :lol:

Forgive my ignorance of what the hell a Golden Salamander is.

Forum List

Back