Did Alex Trebek have cancer before this latest cancer issue?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Alex Trebek is suffering with Pancreatic Cancer...one of the worst forms because you don't know you have it until it is usually too late to save your life.

Luckily, it seems, Trebek is doing well, and might be beating this form of cancer. Does anyone know if he had cancer in the past......I ask because catching pancreatic cancer early is the only real way to beat it....so was he getting yearly screenings for another cancer>

‘Mind-Boggling’: Alex Trebek's Surprising Cancer Update

Usually a good Radiologist/doc examines each x-ray, cat scan or MRI for anything. They usually find it when looking for something else yet I have no idea if he's had cancer before.

From wiki
On March 6, 2019, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. In a prepared video announcement of the diagnosis, Trebek noted that his prognosis was poor but that he would aggressively fight the cancer in hopes of beating the odds and would continue hosting Jeopardy! for as long as he was able, joking that his contract obligated him to do so for three more years.[57]

Pancreatic cancer killed all of Jimmy Carter's family. All his siblings and both of his parents.

According to what I have found, this is his first face off with cancer, but in his past there have been other things on his plate and so maybe because of his track record, he kept up with going to the doctor more to where his current issue was found right when it was found compared to it being found later. Go here for his Wikipedia page.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

According to what I have found, this is his first face off with cancer, but in his past there have been other things on his plate and so maybe because of his track record, he kept up with going to the doctor more to where his current issue was found right when it was found compared to it being found later. Go here for his Wikipedia page.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

That is what I was thinking........pancreatic cancer is dangerous because by the time symptoms show, it is just about too late to treat it......if he was being tested regularly for something and was screened for cancer at the same time, they likely caught this really early...

Forum List

Back