Did Adam And Eve Have Children While In The Garden OF Eden?

Did Adam have a belly button?
Believe me or not, that joke comes to be known after I mentioned it online 25 years ago.

Around that time, only the ones who have read that book and had a PC could have published the story. In those years weren't books published online, and nothing similar. Contributions were mostly made by individuals who knew something worthy to bring on the internet.

This is a rough version of mine, I can tell today of the story of Adam's belly button.

It is found in the Peruvian Traditions book (Tradiciones Peruanas) written by Ricardo Palma in the 1800's.

This writer collected several traditions from that country and with great humorist style he narrated the stories.

As far as I can remember the story is as it follows:

This was a case of a confrontation between a layman and the religious power, when that country was a colony of Spain, around 1600's.

In that era, the church enjoyed great influence on government affairs.

Pardon me please, but I can't remember with exactitude the origin of their confrontation. I read it once by pure sheer luck when traveling in an airplane and another passenger borrowed me the book, so I had something to read while on the air.

After having several disagreements between a priest and the layman, the priesthood obtained the favor and the rule. But between the process, the layman challenged the priest to answer in front of everybody if Adam had or didn't have a belly button. The rumors of the challenge run everywhere.

After the rule from the King became in favor of the religious side, the priesthood found the opportunity to declare the layman guilty of heresy, and was condemned to death sentence.

The writer Ricardo Palma wrote the final of the story with a kind of disappointment, saying that because of that ending of the events "we will never know if Adam had the belly button or not".

Last edited:
Why can't both be true?

190322-bacteria-full.jpg

Scripture says that Adam and Eve came from inorganic matter. Science concurs.
Which came first: Adam and Eve or cavemen? If it was Adam/Eve did they look like this:

View attachment 296616

If so, did they change into this, and then change back over millions of years?

View attachment 296617View attachment 296618

GROW THE FUCK UP.
and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Cavemen came first.
There are 3 descriptions of the creation of humans and only the 3rd was given God’s breathe.
Please tell the class what the significance of ‘God’s breath’ is, and what it means. Thank you.
I have a suggestion...
Read the first Chapter for the first time in your life, which is available on about, oh 10,000,000,000 websites, and think about it.
Oh, I know. But some of the more rabid religion nuts seem to have forgotten.

if you don’t want to enlighten them that God’s breath is what determined ‘life’, I perfectly understand. :laugh:
Prior to Adam, no living creature was intrinsically connected to God.

Which came first: Adam and Eve or cavemen? If it was Adam/Eve did they look like this:

View attachment 296616

GROW THE FUCK UP.
and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Cavemen came first.
There are 3 descriptions of the creation of humans and only the 3rd was given God’s breathe.
Please tell the class what the significance of ‘God’s breath’ is, and what it means. Thank you.
I have a suggestion...
Read the first Chapter for the first time in your life, which is available on about, oh 10,000,000,000 websites, and think about it.

if you don’t want to enlighten them that God’s breath is what determined ‘life’, I perfectly understand. :laugh:
Prior to Adam, no living creature was intrinsically connected to God.
Im still waiting for your confirmation about ‘ God’s breath’ and what it refers to.

‘thanks.

Why can't both be true?

190322-bacteria-full.jpg

Scripture says that Adam and Eve came from inorganic matter. Science concurs.

View attachment 296616

GROW THE FUCK UP.
and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Cavemen came first.
I have a suggestion...

Do not have discussions with nuts.

View attachment 296616

GROW THE FUCK UP.
and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Cavemen came first.
I have a suggestion...

I understand. :laugh:

Im still waiting for your confirmation about ‘ God’s breath’ and what it refers to.

‘thanks.

Talk to me. Where do you find those words "God's breath"?

And when you read that part in the bible, what do you think the writer might be referring to?

If you wish to discuss this point, at least show that you have read it and that you have tried to understand it.

Last edited:
Cavemen came first.
I have a suggestion...

I understand. :laugh:

A yo no comprende Espanol. Silencio is understood World Wide, : )

Last edited:
A yo no comprende Espanol. Silencio is understood World Wide, : )

Ha ha ha ha,,, too bad the story of the belly button is not made in America... "sory"... qué pena... pobrecito tú... pocito... pocito... callamba... callambita... ha ha ha ha

... or were Cain and Abel their first, after getting thrown out? There seems to be some who think they had lots of children while in the Garden, and lots after they were tossed out, and those who think they didn't have any until they were tossed out. I've only read a little on this but it seems Genesis is vague enough to allow for believing they did have children before the exile.
No one knows.

That seems to be the case; no confirmation anywhere else as far as I can find.

Adam and Eve had a son named Steve who was queer as a three dollar bill. Steve used to prance around in Eve’s dresses and high heels and would steal her make up.
Eve became jealous because Steve was better looking and cast him out of the Garden of Eden

Adam and Eve had a son named Steve who was queer as a three dollar bill. Steve used to prance around in Eve’s dresses and high heels and would steal her make up.
Eve became jealous because Steve was better looking and cast him out of the Garden of Eden
Please provide us a link. Otherwise we may think
"It ain't necessarily so".

... or were Cain and Abel their first, after getting thrown out? There seems to be some who think they had lots of children while in the Garden, and lots after they were tossed out, and those who think they didn't have any until they were tossed out. I've only read a little on this but it seems Genesis is vague enough to allow for believing they did have children before the exile.
No one knows.

That seems to be the case; no confirmation anywhere else as far as I can find.
The Torah states what needs to be known as universal truths in order to maintain a pristine existence.
For instance, I don’t know what brand of toothpaste Adam and Eve used.

Forum List

Back