Did 53% Build It?

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Mr Romney commented on the 47% that don't pay federal taxes.
Mr Obama commented about the government building things.

So, I'm curious, exactly how much did the 47% that don't pay federal taxes contribute to the building?
Are you part of the 53% that built it, or part of the 47% that didn't?
Do you have skin in the game or not?

i would suggest that a disabled veteran who doesn't pay taxes probably has more *skin in the game* than a lower middle manager for a fortune 500 company who pays as little income tax as can be managed.

but that's just me

So, I'm curious, exactly how much did the 47% that don't pay federal taxes contribute to the building?

Romney was of course generalizing about the entitlement mentality of the typical Obama voter.

The 47% isn't exact, of course.

But it is close:

[Pew Research]

'78% or 73% of Democrats think the purpose of government is to provide -- to guarantee -- food and housing. Seventy-three percent of Democrats believe that. Food and housing! That's the role of the government, now: To provide food and housing. '

The Last Three-and-a-Half Years (Plus Four Days) Put in Perspective - The Rush Limbaugh Show

i would suggest that a disabled veteran who doesn't pay taxes probably has more *skin in the game* than a lower middle manager for a fortune 500 company who pays as little income tax as can be managed.

but that's just me

The 47% that pay no income tax refers only to individuals that actually file a tax return, not to companies,
and not to people like a disabled veteran that has no income and thus doesn't file an income tax return,
Look it it up at the IRS website, 47& of income tax filers pay no income tax, not 47% of people.
People with no income (your disabled veteran example) don't file income tax because they don't have any income to declare.
Simple tax laws and simple concepts escape simple people and the MSM. Kerry on.

but that's just me
smells like fish in here.

must be the red herring.

not enough people pulling the wagon, too many people wantin' a free ride.

if the wagon wasn't so full of deadbeats, there'd be plenty for the children and for our brave veterans.

Let's hope things turn around after Romney is elected, so that we will have fewer out of work and more in industries.

Here's What Romney plans on doing to turn opportunities for Americans, from his 87-page PDF File, Plan for Jobs And Economic Growth:

FIVE BILLS FOR DAY ONE

The American Competitiveness Act

• Reduces the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent
The Open Markets Act
• Implements the Colombia, Panama, and South Korea Free Trade Agreements

The Domestic Energy Act

• Directs the Department of the Interior to undertake a comprehensive survey of American energy reserves in partnership with exploration companies and initiates leasing in all areas currently approved for exploration

The Retraining Reform Act

• Consolidates the sprawl of federal retraining programs and returns funding and responsibility for these programs to the states

The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act

• Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing the annual federal budget by $20 billion

This comes from his 87-page PDF that outlines HowRomney believes in Americans, a plan for jobs and economic growth.

He also will issue 5 Executive Orders his first full day in office:

FIVE EXECUTIVE ORDERS FOR DAY ONE
An Order to Pave the Way to End Obamacare
• Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal
officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate
and design health care solutions that work best for them
An Order to Cut Red Tape
• Directs all agencies to immediately initiate the elimination of Obama-era
regulations that unduly burden the economy or job creation, and then caps
annual increases in regulatory costs at zero dollars
An Order to Boost Domestic Energy Production
• Directs the Department of the Interior to implement a process for rapid
issuance of drilling permits to developers with established safety records
seeking to use pre-approved techniques in pre-approved areas
An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
• Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency
manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department of
Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports if China
does not quickly move to float its currency
An Order to Empower American Businesses and Workers
• Reverses the executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the
playing field in favor of organized labor, including the one encouraging
the use of union labor on major government construction projects

This is gonna be so cool for America!! :)

but that's just me

The 47% that pay no income tax refers only to individuals that actually file a tax return, not to companies,
and not to people like a disabled veteran that has no income and thus doesn't file an income tax return,
Look it it up at the IRS website, 47& of income tax filers pay no income tax, not 47% of people.
People with no income (your disabled veteran example) don't file income tax because they don't have any income to declare.

that's not what he said, dipshit.

The Data Behind Romney’s 47% Comments - Washington Wire - WSJ

educate yourself and stop relying on drudge to think for you

Last edited:

but that's just me

So pay from the govt. for the disabled vet is not an income?

but that's just me

So pay from the govt. for the disabled vet is not an income?
every time you post it smells like fish.

dude, wash your hands... all that red herring is stinkin' up the joint

Forum List

Back