Dictionary banned from school

And burn those National Geographics while you're at it.

Don't even get me started on National Geographics. For years my mom refused to throw them away. With the advent of the internet, I finally went in and started tossing them. I explained to her that ANY ARTICLE SHE WANTED TO LOOK AT ON ANY SUBJECT SHE CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET, and she could order any old issue of National Geographic she pleased. Paper DOES deteriorate.

Besides which, I don't recall National Geographic ever having an article on oral sex.

Don't let the facts of the discussion get in the way of a whine, bode. Only person to mention burning books was you... a liberal. Wow.

Don't forget the new dictionaries list same sex marriage as a definition under "marriage"....we need to get rid of those too. Burn it along with "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss.

why don't you just put together a list of books you want to burn?

don't forget fahrenheit 451.

Um....I personally don't want to burn any books. Tho, IMO, Fahrenheit 451 was Bradbury's worst work.

Kids these days have just too much information from just too many places.

My kids (15 & 12) are more aware of more things at their age than i was 20 years older.

Such words are inappropreate for kindergarten children.

The best solution is to remove the books and have a special volume prepared for them that is more appropreate.

The Books can be reissued to high school students.

My kids (15 & 12) are more aware of more things at their age than i was 20 years older.

I agree with that. Tvs, cell phones, and the internet in their bedrooms . . . the whole world is there for their seeing and, imo, they are not ready for the whole world at that age. Too much, too soon.

We're the oddball parents who won't let our kids have a tv or computer in their room, who use the parental control options provided by Comcast, who look up books and movies before just randomly saying 'oh, it's PG-13, it's fine', and who refuse to let their kids get a cell phone until they can get a job and pay for it. I know, we're whack.

Such words are inappropreate for kindergarten children.

The best solution is to remove the books and have a special volume prepared for them that is more appropreate.

The Books can be reissued to high school students.

Thats basically what RAVI said earlier and I agreed with her and you on this one.

I don't really have a problem with this. Dictionary companies put out versions for younger children. Why are they using a college level dictionary?

Did I rep you already today? If not here it comes, great post.

I agree with that. Tvs, cell phones, and the internet in their bedrooms . . . the whole world is there for their seeing and, imo, they are not ready for the whole world at that age. Too much, too soon.

We're the oddball parents who won't let our kids have a tv or computer in their room, who use the parental control options provided by Comcast, who look up books and movies before just randomly saying 'oh, it's PG-13, it's fine', and who refuse to let their kids get a cell phone until they can get a job and pay for it. I know, we're whack.
More like responsible parents.

Thats basically what RAVI said earlier and I agreed with her and you on this one.
Verry good.

Some people in the thread have quite an odd view towards small children.

There is nothing 'prudish' with letting kids be kids, they don't need to know such things at such an age.

If they want to do that to their own kids, nobody is preventing them, but limit it to that, do it to your own kids, not yours or mine unless we agree.

Verry good.

There is nothing 'prudish' with letting kids be kids, they don't need to know such things at such an age.

If they want to do that to their own kids, nobody is preventing them, but limit it to that, do it to your own kids, not yours or mine unless we agree.

Yep.

Real parents like you kick ass and are who make our future bright.

Sometimes, as much as it makes you feel bad inside, you have to say NO to the children. I think the word NO got lost somewhere in the last 50 years and the lack of saying it is what causes a lot of problems with children today.

Verry good.

It's a freakin entry in a dictionary dude.

Not many kinderkids are plowing through dictionaries.

The ONE parent that made the objection - her kid was 11.

You really think Miraim Webster in a classroom is going to pervert kids or something?

You really think Miraim Webster in a classroom is going to pervert kids or something?

the parent of an 11 year old should have already had that dictionary in her own home.

and mom should ask why her kid was looking it up instead of asking her.

Verry good.

What part of do what you want to your kids and not mine escapes you my dear?

Sorry, i'm a big believer in letting kids be kids and I won't be changing anytime soon.

And I didn't say destroy the books, just remove them fromaccess to minors.

If your kids are curious they can ask you about it, is that not so?

Forum List

Back