Dictionary banned from school

fear of knowledge is a terrible thing.

So many people have no idea how to talk to their children about difficult subjects. They then think keeping their children stupid is the answer to their inability.

Don't be a fucking pervert. You don't talk to 5 year old's about oral sex.

Do you wait until they are 14?

I love to talk to 14 year olds about oral sex.:eusa_drool:

:tomato::tomato::tomato:
chris_hansen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mommy !
They taught us where baby's come from !
" Oh yeah" Where" ?
Well the teacher said daddy puts his penis in mommy's vagina and rubs it around for a while, and that where babiez come from !
Mom snickers........." That's right honey"

Mommy. I have a question for you. Last night your were rubbing daddy's penis in your mouth. Why ?

" Well honey. That's where jewelry comes from". :cool::eusa_hand:

There is a name for the children of parents who desparately shield their children from what goes on the the world. "Victem". Ask Sarah Palin, she knows.

fear of knowledge is a terrible thing.

So many people have no idea how to talk to their children about difficult subjects. They then think keeping their children stupid is the answer to their inability.

Don't be a fucking pervert. You don't talk to 5 year old's about oral sex.

How many 5 year olds read the dictionary?:lol:
I read Old Yeller,Cop Out, and Big Red when I was in the first grade.
My old man, like myself, didn't believe in games, TV, and those sorts of idiocy.
Scrabble was allowed.
While my little buddies were playing with Lincoln logs and Lil red wagons, I was being taught to read.

Current Events : Discussions : Definition of 'oral sex' gets dictionary pulled from schools -- Mom to Mom Forums Jersey Shore MomsLikeMe.com

ASSOCIATED PRESS: A Southern California school district has pulled dictionaries from classrooms because a parent complained when a child came across the term "oral sex."

District officials said Friday that the Menifee Union School District—which serves 9,000 kindergartners through eight graders in Riverside County—is forming a committee to consider a permanent classroom ban of the Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

A memo from Assistant Superintendent Karen Valdes acknowledged it is a respected resource but district officials found that "a number of referenced words are age-inappropriate."

School officials will review the dictionary to decide if it should be permanently banned because of the "sexually graphic" entry, district spokeswoman Betti Cadmus told The Press-Enterprise. "It's just not age appropriate.''

That dictionary is not appropriate for children. Possibly in high school its cool, if the PTA agrees in the schools, but prior to that I dont think its appropriate for public schoolrooms.

On its face i do not disagree with this school doing what it did.
Are you serious? Tell me again how Nazi's and liberal alike?
I guess we should only let our children read Nursery Rhymes, play hopscotch, and pray to God they don't hit puberty.

And burn those National Geographics while you're at it.

Don't let the facts of the discussion get in the way of a whine, bode. Only person to mention burning books was you... a liberal. Wow.

Don't forget the new dictionaries list same sex marriage as a definition under "marriage"....we need to get rid of those too. Burn it along with "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss.

And burn those National Geographics while you're at it.

Don't let the facts of the discussion get in the way of a whine, bode. Only person to mention burning books was you... a liberal. Wow.

Don't forget the new dictionaries list same sex marriage as a definition under "marriage"....we need to get rid of those too. Burn it along with "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss.

why don't you just put together a list of books you want to burn?

don't forget fahrenheit 451.

I don't really have a problem with this. Dictionary companies put out versions for younger children. Why are they using a college level dictionary?

I don't really have a problem with this. Dictionary companies put out versions for younger children. Why are they using a college level dictionary?

Did I rep you already today? If not here it comes, great post.

So you really are for government control? Which "ism" does that make you?

I'm for age appropriate material, unless otherwise decided by the local PTA.

I'm guilty of federalism yes and I'm not sorry :D

Did I rep you already today? If not here it comes, great post.

Age appropriate? It is a dictionary, and people wonder why we have children you still can't read. And the PTA shouldn't be able to decide anything, that is not their job. Their job is to plan a cupcake sale, it is up to the board of education to decide in these matters.

Age appropriate? It is a dictionary, and people wonder why we have children you still can't read. And the PTA shouldn't be able to decide anything, that is not their job. Their job is to plan a cupcake sale, it is up to the board of education to decide in these matters.

If I dont want my 13 year old being taught about and reading about Oral sex in my PUBLIC school I have the right as a concerned parent and member of the PTA to have such material excluded from the school system.

In the same vein of thought if I do want the school teaching my 13 year old about it I should have the right as a concerned parent and member of the PTA to have such material included in the school system.

The PTA's job is to raise money through bake sales? Is that honestly your position? As far as we are concerned in my state the PTAs job is to decide on what the education our children are going to receive shall consist of along with ANYTHING else related to the school and its activities (including bake sales yes)

Role of the Parents Association - SchoolDays.ie: Parents, Teachers, Schools & Education in Ireland

As far as your claims of illiteracy, please keep the red herrings away from arguments with me

Forum List

Back