Dictionary banned from school

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Current Events : Discussions : Definition of 'oral sex' gets dictionary pulled from schools -- Mom to Mom Forums Jersey Shore MomsLikeMe.com

ASSOCIATED PRESS: A Southern California school district has pulled dictionaries from classrooms because a parent complained when a child came across the term "oral sex."

District officials said Friday that the Menifee Union School District—which serves 9,000 kindergartners through eight graders in Riverside County—is forming a committee to consider a permanent classroom ban of the Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

A memo from Assistant Superintendent Karen Valdes acknowledged it is a respected resource but district officials found that "a number of referenced words are age-inappropriate."

School officials will review the dictionary to decide if it should be permanently banned because of the "sexually graphic" entry, district spokeswoman Betti Cadmus told The Press-Enterprise. "It's just not age appropriate.''

fear of knowledge is a terrible thing.

So many people have no idea how to talk to their children about difficult subjects. They then think keeping their children stupid is the answer to their inability.

Here's the definition from my Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary...

oral sex n (1973) : oral stimulation of the genitals : cunnilingus, fellatio

Wow, that sure rocks the world.

So many people have no idea how to talk to their children about difficult subjects. They then think keeping their children stupid is the answer to their inability.

Don't be a fucking pervert. You don't talk to 5 year old's about oral sex.

If your 5 year old is looking it up in the dictionary, it is time to talk

Current Events : Discussions : Definition of 'oral sex' gets dictionary pulled from schools -- Mom to Mom Forums Jersey Shore MomsLikeMe.com

ASSOCIATED PRESS: A Southern California school district has pulled dictionaries from classrooms because a parent complained when a child came across the term "oral sex."

District officials said Friday that the Menifee Union School District—which serves 9,000 kindergartners through eight graders in Riverside County—is forming a committee to consider a permanent classroom ban of the Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

A memo from Assistant Superintendent Karen Valdes acknowledged it is a respected resource but district officials found that "a number of referenced words are age-inappropriate."

School officials will review the dictionary to decide if it should be permanently banned because of the "sexually graphic" entry, district spokeswoman Betti Cadmus told The Press-Enterprise. "It's just not age appropriate.''

LL! We actually agree!!! Stupid over reaction.

It pretty much depends on the age of the child that found the word. There are youngster friendly dictionaries out there.

I wasn't aware that oral sex was invented in 1973. Thank you Linda Lovelace

Do you wait until they are 14?

I love to talk to 14 year olds about oral sex.:eusa_drool:

:tomato::tomato::tomato:

Last edited:

No it isn't. First most 5 year old's cannot read and comprehend such language. They might know the words cat and dog. Second instead of being a fucking pervert you say "look a squirrel" and they forget all about it.

No it isn't. First most 5 year old's cannot read and comprehend such language. They might know the words cat and dog. Second instead of being a fucking pervert you say "look a squirrel" and they forget all about it.

I tried that with my 13 year old

Except it was "Look a beaver!"

It does if she's doing it right.

Amen! LOL...after I made that post I was thinking I should have added something like...

They should be happy I'm not in charge of coming up with the definitions at M-W

...oral stimulation of the genitals THAT CAN BE THE MOST INCREDIBLY INTENSE, PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE EVER!!! when administerd by a competent practitioner...

Oh yeah?

What do you say to your 5 year old when they have been aprized of this issue by someone else?

The reaction of the parents in this case was to deny the exsistance of such words their children have now seen in the dictionary.

That is a trime when you HAVE to talk to them about it.

To pretend that they never heard it and then to ban the dictionary is the idiots way to deal with this.

Forum List

Back